Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

127,849 posts in this topic

Just now, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

I think Trump is more worried about the Russia probe than the Wall the be quite honest. One of the two things actually affects him, his children and his political and business organization directly, the other is a campaign slogan that just means a few "promises kept" for concrete and steel contractor closed door deals akin to white fish in Puerto Rico.

The wall was just a way that his handlers could get him to stay on point and talk about immigration during the campaign. He cares less about the wall than he does the racist anger he can stoke by talking about it. And now, he's invested because the world is laughing at him so he's going to do something really really bad to try to appear strong.

And the shut down was mostly because of the investigation. He stagnated the FBI for over a month and got the added benefit of taking eyes away from his legal troubles.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

He didn’t figure his way out of the shutdown debacle he got himself into.  Just saying.

The wall gives him nothing. He ran for president so that he could get Trump Tower moscow built. The wall is just ******** like the transgender ban. I forget what else I was going to say.

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

He didn’t figure his way out of the shutdown debacle he got himself into.  Just saying.

I lied just a little bit. He's not a smart man and he's not going to figure out how to get his plump orange *** out of the vise that is tightening on it. Just like he got himself in too deep with the shutdown. I'd bet if you were a fly on the wall of the White House, you'd find out he still has no clue what just happened.

Leon Troutsky likes this

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The wall was just a way that his handlers could get him to stay on point and talk about immigration during the campaign. He cares less about the wall than he does the racist anger he can stoke by talking about it. And now, he's invested because the world is laughing at him so he's going to do something really really bad to try to appear strong.

And the shut down was mostly because of the investigation. He stagnated the FBI for over a month and got the added benefit of taking eyes away from his legal troubles.

The whole fight over the wall was really just Trump trying to get the House to bend the knee. He doesn't give a **** about the wall, what he wants is a Congress that will do his bidding instead of actually investigate him, his family and his businesses. That's why the fight even happened. Trump was pushing back against them to gain "power" but that's now how real politics work. Between congress and the president it's not a "1 on 1" relationship where one person bases their decisions on how they feel about hte other person. It's, instead, about the institutions and the power that those institutions weild... investigations and subpoenas specifically in Trump's case. He's a ******* idiot. He has no idea how to effectively govern, only how to approve what his handlers, like you say, tell him to do. He's a ******* moron, as former SoS Tillerson said.

JayOzOne and thofin21 like this

6 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

They dont want to actually accomplish anything, how can they blame the left for not letting them build the wall if the left has no power?

As soon as the left has power they created an unrealistic issue they could try and blame the left for.

Just like the Republicans use to pass bills to repeal Obamacare knowing Obama would Veto it but when the Republicans got in power they wouldn't repeal it

Edited by Brehus

6 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Might do it.  At least this president isn't obstructing justice the way the previous one did. Obama basically shut down any investigation regarding his staff in that controversy.

I'm sorry but I was watching this video of Trump admitting that he obstructed justice when your post appeared. You were saying...?

Stay down, Rocko!

falconsd56 and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

1 minute ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

The whole fight over the wall was really just Trump trying to get the House to bend the knee. He doesn't give a **** about the wall, what he wants is a Congress that will do his bidding instead of actually investigate him, his family and his businesses. That's why the fight even happened. Trump was pushing back against them to gain "power" but that's now how real politics work. Between congress and the president it's not a "1 on 1" relationship where one person bases their decisions on how they feel about hte other person. It's, instead, about the institutions and the power that those institutions weild... investigations and subpoenas specifically in Trump's case. He's a ******* idiot. He has no idea how to effectively govern, only how to approve what his handlers, like you say, tell him to do. He's a ******* moron, as former SoS Tillerson said.

He can't help but show his cards. His insisting on a "down payment" yesterday was a hoot. He knew that the $5.7 billion he demanded was a down payment on a $20+ billion waste of resources. He wanted the $5.7 billion this time and he was going to demand another $5+ billion on the next CR to fund the government.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and Brehus like this

Politics 101

Tell the people what they want to hear to get elected then find a way to blame it on the other side as to why things didn't get accomplished

6 minutes ago, Brehus said:

Politics 101

Tell the people what they want to hear to get elected then find a way to blame it on the other side as to why things didn't get accomplished

Republican Politics for the past 11 years. No, not all Democrats are blameless, but what you just said the the Republican manifesto. It's a product of their party structure, elite uber wealthy and corporate funders have to get the votes of the masses. They do this by bull****ting to kingdom come.

Trump likes to play old fashioned bully ball,winning by intimidation. He lacks the political skills to make deals with his own party much less the Democrats. This wall business has exposed him to even more people as an egotistical Punjab  ,Three weeks from now I expect he will declare a national emergency and try to rob the Wall money from some other branch of the Government. The Democrats used him for laughs.

4 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Or that he taunted Seth Rich's parents when they wouldn't play ball with the alt right narrative of thier son (one he likely knew was fake)

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and mdrake34 like this

12 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Or that he taunted Seth Rich's parents when they wouldn't play ball with the alt right narrative of thier son (one he likely knew was fake)

What kind of lame brain gets Richard Nixon tattoo'd on their ***?

21 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

Republican Politics for the past 11 years. No, not all Democrats are blameless, but what you just said the the Republican manifesto. It's a product of their party structure, elite uber wealthy and corporate funders have to get the votes of the masses. They do this by bull****ting to kingdom come.

I've long ago come to the realization that 200 million people are too much to be served by a representative government, let alone 350+ million. To be elected to Congress, a candidate has to make 20 or more substantive policy promises. But once in Washington, they're lucky to form a coalition to get one or two of them passed. In the old days it was easier when you could find socially liberal/fiscally conservative Republicans to join socially liberal/fiscally liberal Democrats to work across the aisle on the things on which they agreed. "Compromise" was not a dirty word. 

But today? It doesn't matter what your political leanings are, you can't break rank with the party if you want to get anything passed. And to make it worse, I think the electorate is happy demanding that their representatives focus more on stopping the other party than advancing their own causes. Just make sure a little pork finds its way home.

The Tea Party hijacked the GOP and that changed the game. I'm hoping the progressive movement does the same thing to the Democrats because old head Democrats are corrupt and no more honest than the Republican brain trust was. And since the GOP moved to the right, the idiot Democrats figured it was a good idea to move to the center, ignoring those who supported them for decades. GTFOOH.

In my opinion, we'd be better if we broke the House up. Let one body serve the west coast. Let another serve the deep south. Let another serve the Midwest and another serve the Atlantic states. Every area has different needs and can't be expected to understand how best to serve each other. The reason this would work is because if the deep south representatives screw the pooch, people will go to where things are better. If healthcare and jobs are available in the west but hard to find in the midwest, let people head for greener pastures. Let 'em migrate to where better ideas have created a better living situation. Better than having the people of Alabama get $1.20+ benefit for their tax dollars while the people of New York get $0.80. How is that fair? Having 420+ congresspeople is bonkers. Nothing can get done that matters to individuals.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

21 minutes ago, AF89 said:

He and Corsi admitted that they fabricated the Seth Rich thing as a cover for their communications with Wikileaks.  He admitted that he intentionally lied about their son.

falconsd56, mdrake34 and AF89 like this

5 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I've long ago come to the realization that 200 million people are too much to be served by a representative government, let alone 350+ million. To be elected to Congress, a candidate has to make 20 or more substantive policy promises. But once in Washington, they're lucky to form a coalition to get one or two of them passed. In the old days it was easier when you could find socially liberal/fiscally conservative Republicans to join socially liberal/fiscally liberal Democrats to work across the aisle on the things on which they agreed. "Compromise" was not a dirty word. 

But today? It doesn't matter what your political leanings are, you can't break rank with the party if you want to get anything passed. And to make it worse, I think the electorate is happy demanding that their representatives focus more on stopping the other party than advancing their own causes. Just make sure a little pork finds its way home.

The Tea Party hijacked the GOP and that changed the game. I'm hoping the progressive movement does the same thing to the Democrats because old head Democrats are corrupt and no more honest than the Republican brain trust was. And since the GOP moved to the right, the idiot Democrats figured it was a good idea to move to the center, ignoring those who supported them for decades. GTFOOH.

In my opinion, we'd be better if we broke the House up. Let one body serve the west coast. Let another serve the deep south. Let another serve the Midwest and another serve the Atlantic states. Every area has different needs and can't be expected to understand how best to serve each other. The reason this would work is because if the deep south representatives screw the pooch, people will go to where things are better. If healthcare and jobs are available in the west but hard to find in the midwest, let people head for greener pastures. Let 'em migrate to where better ideas have created a better living situation. Better than having the people of Alabama get $1.20+ benefit for their tax dollars while the people of New York get $0.80. How is that fair? Having 420+ congresspeople is bonkers. Nothing can get done that matters to individuals.

If the Senate wasn't misrepresentative of the popuation, legislation passing congress would look a lot different... I'm definitely in favor of some kind of change, just see statehood for PR and DC as more likely than any others at this time

JayOzOne likes this

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

He and Corsi admitted that they fabricated the Seth Rich thing as a cover for their communications with Wikileaks.  He admitted that he intentionally lied about their son.

I need to go find a link for that.

He's such an evil basterd.  He poisened alot of minds with that bullchit

Leon Troutsky likes this

Just now, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

If the Senate wasn't misrepresentative of the popuation, legislation passing congress would look a lot different... I'm definitely in favor of some kind of change, just see statehood for PR and DC as more likely than any others at this time

Can you imagine how bad it's going to be when 40% of the population controls 55% of the Senate seats? And those are rural states? We haven't seen true dysfunction on the level of what's on its way. Watch.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

I need to go find a link for that.

He's such an evil basterd.  He poisened alot of minds with that bullchit

He's like a drug dealer. Those weak minds craved it. He didn't give them anything that they didn't want.

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Can you imagine how bad it's going to be when 40% of the population controls 55% of the Senate seats? And those are rural states? We haven't seen true dysfunction on the level of what's on its way. Watch.

I'm wondering if Democrats should start initiatives to repopulate low population Red States with Minorities or some other Democrat leaning demographics...

1 minute ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

I'm wondering if Democrats should start initiatives to repopulate low population Red States with Minorities or some other Democrat leaning demographics...

Although the whole concept of "identity politics" is BS (all politics is by design, identity politics), Democrats have traditionally done a piss poor job of reaching out and explaining that the programs that help lower and middle class inner city residents also help lower and middle class country dwellers. The Republicans are so good at making them look at "them" that they don't pay attention to how to improve their own situations. Beto and Stacey helped write the blueprints, even in failed efforts. Those are the people the DNC needs instead of the Schumers and Perez's gumming things up with politics as usual. 

HolyMoses likes this