Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

129,005 posts in this topic

Just now, Rocko said:

Hey kids.lets play Obama protected holder when he was in contempt of court which, had he testified would have resulted in who knows how much chaos up to the president himself with fast m furious. Get outta here with that nonsense.

(Apologies if you're not fat, Rocko)

Here’s the crazy thing...what opportunity does Trump possibly have to regain his “mojo” and assert his authority?

In three weeks, he’s not going to shut down the government again.  So that’s not an opportunity to show strength.  He could declare an emergency, but that gets taken immediately to the courts and delayed for months or years.  Not much he can do in response other than whine like a baby...not strong.

The debt ceiling will have to be addressed this summer, but after taking it on the chin over the shutdown I don’t think he or the GOP get close to defaulting on the debt.  

As more stuff comes out of the Mueller investigation, things are moving closer to Trump himself and, at the very least, he has to argue that he was ignorant of all the illegalities being done by his close associates and top campaign officials.  Again, weakness.

The only opportunity that I see for Trump to reassert his strength and authority would be, God forbid, some kind of terrorist attack or natural disaster.  Which is possible, but it’s the only thing I can see at this point.

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

It never ends the way you expect it. Probably going to be that way for the long haul.

I knew as soon as Pelosi said no it was just matter of time before Trump was going fold like a cheap suit. He was going to fold before the shut down ever happened till Ann Coulter called him out

On 1/11/2019 at 6:55 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

Many Dems starting go doubt their leadership on the direction they are taking over the shutdown and a "barrier" for the southern border. One Democratic Rep said just yesterday he had 65 call in favor of a wall and 5 against.

Freshman House Democrats are ready to shut down the shutdown.

The new class of 60-plus members has been in Congress for less than week only to see the partial government shutdown consume the Capitol and grind nearly everything to a halt — including action on their campaign promises to overhaul Washington and deliver for voters back home.

"https:

"https:"https:"

And several House freshmen are signaling they may be open to a compromise with Republicans to get government agencies running again.

“We are getting pressure from both sides of ‘don’t back down, don’t back down’ but also that these are real people who are hurting and my district is one of them with thousands of federal workers,” said Rep. Katie Hill (D-Calif.), one of two freshman representatives in House leadership.

“I’m not going to rule anything out, I really am not,” Allred responded when asked if he would support some border wall funding in exchange for Democratic immigration priorities.

Moderate Democrats in the New Democrat Coalition pressed Pelosi later Wednesday to lay out a strategy for how to get out of the shutdown fight as well as her plans for House Democrats in the coming months. Spanberger and another freshman lawmaker, Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-Mich.), stood up at the meeting to voice concerns about the direction of the party.

Liberal lawmakers, however, are not eager to make a deal with Trump on the wall.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), a leader of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, spoke after Foster in the morning caucus meeting and shot down his Dreamers-for-wall trade. “I think one person got up and said something about it but I think there was a pretty immediate response from others,” she said.

Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-Calif.) said that in her district, Dreamers "are saying, ‘We don’t want to be used as a pawn in this whole discussion.’”

Meanwhile, Rep. Lucy McBath (D-Ga.), who attended the weekend freshman session, said several lawmakers couldn’t attend because they were in their districts dealing with the shutdown fallout.

it’s not just freshmen who are questioning the strategy pursued by Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. Some veteran Democrats are open to the idea of trying to broker a wide-ranging immigration deal that would include border wall money in exchange for Democratic priorities like securing protections for Dreamers.

Rep. Bill Foster (D-Ill.) stood up in the closed-door meeting Wednesday to urge fellow Democrats to consider trading some amount of wall funding for legal protections for the thousands of immigrants brought the country as children who stand to be deported.

Moderate Democrats in the New Democrat Coalition pressed Pelosi later Wednesday to lay out a strategy for how to get out of the shutdown fight as well as her plans for House Democrats in the coming months. Spanberger and another freshman lawmaker, Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-Mich.), stood up at the meeting to voice concerns about the direction of the party.

This post didn’t age well.

AF89 likes this

Just now, Rocko said:

I mean go look it up 

Why look it up when you told me already? Not like you to lie.

But ninety indictments. NINETY. And they're working their way up... This is going to end spectacularly.

best gif wow GIF

Sorry to do this, but BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

On 12/12/2018 at 7:46 PM, WhenFalconsWin said:

Rainy day funds. No other job in the country gives you pay for not working.  Sorry, I'm not going with this.  I stand by saying the gov shutdown is not what the fake/scm says it is and I know.

Unless you mean spending extra money setting up barricades and posting more guards around a war memorial so vets cannot gain access during the shutdown. Or shutting down WH school visits "claiming budget" concerns.  Yeah, it's just political on both sides. 

:lol::lol::lol:

On 1/10/2019 at 3:54 PM, WhenFalconsWin said:

This is not going to turn out well for the Dems.  Trump is doing this the right way, he's tried to negotiate, he has held the oval office national address about the problem, he went down to the border and met with border patrol agents, he was at the border letting agents speak firsthand about the problem. This is text book presidential, now if he gets no movement from the Dems soon, he will declare the a national emergency, get his funding and start the "physical barrier" and other border security needs with the funding, while simultaneously ending the shutdown.

He will be the person who ended the shutdown, secured our borders for 1/10th of 1% of our budget, making the Dems position look foolish and unexplainable for the stance they took. Hopefully, this will make them come to the table for comprehensive immigration reform so we can end this charade, and help them keep a promise they gave to Ronald Reagan 35 years ago when they bamboozled him into giving amnesty for 3 million illegals while not holding up their end of their bargain, getting a comprehensive immigration reform bill passed along with more border security. 

LMFAO!!!

On 1/18/2019 at 9:47 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

NPR is not exactly Trump friendly.  

Shock Poll: Trump Gains 19 Points with Latino Voters During Border Wall Shutdown

In the latest NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll released Thursday, President Donald Trump may have suffered some among Republicans overall, but he saw a huge point gain in a different demographic breakdown, and an unexpected one by conventional wisdom.

President Donald Trump's approval rating among Latinos shot up nearly 20 points from December to January in a new poll.

Key results in the latest NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll:

AF89 likes this

In 3 weeks Trump will declare an emergency in the hope's it gets shot down in court so he can say he tried to his base and blame the liberal courts for stopping him.

He has no intention of delivering the wall and now just wants an out that he can blame the left for. The GOP don't actually want to accomplish anything other than line their pockets and blame the left to get re elected.

Brehus likes this

Please MAGA explain to me how you had control of both the house, senate and the presidency and didn’t get your wall then.  Please help me understand why now it’s an emergency.

AF89 and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

11 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Here’s the crazy thing...what opportunity does Trump possibly have to regain his “mojo” and assert his authority?

In three weeks, he’s not going to shut down the government again.  So that’s not an opportunity to show strength.  He could declare an emergency, but that gets taken immediately to the courts and delayed for months or years.  Not much he can do in response other than whine like a baby...not strong.

The debt ceiling will have to be addressed this summer, but after taking it on the chin over the shutdown I don’t think he or the GOP get close to defaulting on the debt.  

As more stuff comes out of the Mueller investigation, things are moving closer to Trump himself and, at the very least, he has to argue that he was ignorant of all the illegalities being done by his close associates and top campaign officials.  Again, weakness.

The only opportunity that I see for Trump to reassert his strength and authority would be, God forbid, some kind of terrorist attack or natural disaster.  Which is possible, but it’s the only thing I can see at this point.

I got the feeling he was hoping Venezuela would be a shiny object over there but even that fizzled for him. But he's a smart guy who can figure his way out of a tough situation.

neil degrasse tyson astronomy GIF

9 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Why look it up when you told me already? Not like you to lie.

But ninety indictments. NINETY.

It was a bold attempt at misdirection and an entertaining exchange.

You: It's 90 to nothing.

Him: Yeah, but if you look at this one conspiracy theory, there was a democrat who maybe...

You: 90 TO NOTHING

JayOzOne and HolyMoses like this

5 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

In 3 weeks Trump will declare an emergency in the hope's it gets shot down in court so he can say he tried to his base and blame the liberal courts for stopping him.

He has no intention of delivering the wall and now just wants an out that he can blame the left for. The GOP don't actually want to accomplish anything other than line their pockets and blame the left to get re elected.

Agreed. If the wall is an emergency it would have been funded when the Republicans had the majority why wait till the Democrats have the majority to make it a big deal. Obama didn't wait till the Republicans had the majority to attempt to get Obamacare passed because he was serious about getting it passed

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and HolyMoses like this

21 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I'm not even thinking about that. This country is sick and tired of Trump. No matter what disasters strike, we showed we can weather a shut down and more without Trump's help.

Brehus likes this

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

Please MAGA explain to me how you had control of both the house, senate and the presidency and didn’t get your wall then.  Please help me understand why now it’s an emergency.

You have to understand that first, a "wall" doesn't mean it's a wall. It's really more like a row of hedges that somebody has to, you know, like water and trim every couple weeks, you know? Hedges are stronger than concrete. He's a developer, so he knows things you don't know. And second, "control" doesn't mean control because those pesky Democrats aren't willing to kiss his ring. Third, an "emergency" isn't really an emergency, you understand. For example, Puerto Rico was supposed to be an emergency but Trump went down, threw some Bounty at 'em and they're all fine. Ding, ding and done. So, it's all in the wording. Squint a little and you'll see what I mean.

confused larry david GIF

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and HolyMoses like this

13 minutes ago, lostone said:

Lol. Rich people are laughing at the MAGAts now. They got theirs, big time.

27 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

honestly we've already seen how he deals with the disasters...... the way this Administration botched the hurricane reaponse in Puerto Rico it's going to be on people's minds if something bad happens

3 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

I'm not even thinking about that. This country is sick and tired of Trump. No matter what disasters strike, we showed we can weather a shut down and more without Trump's help.

Trump folding like a cheap suit sealed his fate as a 1 term President. Trump has pulled off a amassing feat all of Democrats hate him and likely half his base now hates him

7 minutes ago, jidady said:

It was a bold attempt at misdirection and an entertaining exchange.

You: It's 90 to nothing.

Him: Yeah, but if you look at this one conspiracy theory, there was a democrat who maybe...

You: 90 TO NOTHING

His brain was working up the nerve to respond "But Obama. It should have been 325 to 90!")

I mean, "But Obama" is always a bad play but we're literally a money trail away from a RICO indictment. And if Trump's long-time book keeper provides docs on Trump Tower Moscow, we might yet see that.

HolyMoses likes this

I think Trump is more worried about the Russia probe than the Wall the be quite honest. One of the two things actually affects him, his children and his political and business organization directly, the other is a campaign slogan that just means a few "promises kept" for concrete and steel contractor closed door deals akin to white fish in Puerto Rico.

17 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I got the feeling he was hoping Venezuela would be a shiny object over there but even that fizzled for him. But he's a smart guy who can figure his way out of a tough situation.

neil degrasse tyson astronomy GIF

He didn’t figure his way out of the shutdown debacle he got himself into.  Just saying.

JayOzOne and falconsd56 like this

18 minutes ago, lostone said:

They dont want to actually accomplish anything, how can they blame the left for not letting them build the wall if the left has no power?

As soon as the left has power they created an unrealistic issue they could try and blame the left for.

Brehus likes this