Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,700 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Boner said:

If it's that easy why hasn't it been done?  

Humans are by and large a stupid species.  We somehow boondoggled our way into technology, but the bears should have eaten us all long ago.

Statick likes this

5 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

What a friggin' train wreck that speech was. I'd almost think that Spanky wrote it himself like he wrote that wonderful letter to L'il Kim last year. And just like that, a good day got better.

happy wonder woman GIF

(Actually, finding this gif ^^^^ keeps the win streak going...)

Jay, that "speech" was straight ********!  Pelosi ginsu'ed his fat ***!

Edit:  Wonder Woman can get it!!!

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and JayOzOne like this

8 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

What a friggin' train wreck that speech was. I'd almost think that Spanky wrote it himself like he wrote that wonderful letter to L'il Kim last year. And just like that, a good day got better.

happy wonder woman GIF

(Actually, finding this gif ^^^^ keeps the win streak going...)

Kol hakavod.

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Humans are by and large a stupid species.  We somehow boondoggled our way into technology, but the bears should have eaten us all long ago.

Right, I'm just wondering why democrats haven't done anything to put an end to this ****.  Maybe they have, I dunno,  Admittedly, I am not an expert in matters of government shutdowns. 

Just now, Boner said:

Right, I'm just wondering why democrats haven't done anything to put an end to this ****.  Maybe they have, I dunno,  Admittedly, I am not an expert in matters of government shutdowns. 

They mainly just step on a lot of rakes.

8 minutes ago, Boner said:

If it's that easy why hasn't it been done?  

Because they want to keep the “leverage” for future negotiations.  They’re not willing to give up that power.  

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Because they want to keep the “leverage” for future negotiations.  They’re not willing to give up that power.  

Both parties? 

Just now, Boner said:

Both parties? 

Yeah, both parties.  Remember that Dems tried to hold government hostage to force Trump to protect Dreamers.  It backfired on them back in January 2018.  But they want it for the future.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, both parties.  Remember that Dems tried to hold government hostage to force Trump to protect Dreamers.  It backfired on them back in January 2018.  But they want it for the future.

Well ****

10 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

Kol hakavod.

Bless you for giving me something new to wish for those who do well. Every day, I want to learn something and phrase is the first thing I've learned today.

jidady likes this

8 minutes ago, Boner said:

Well ****

fwiw, it appears to be one of the only times that i can tell that democrats actually tried to use the shutdown as leverage for some sort of policy goal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_shutdowns_in_the_United_States

shutdown politics is basically worthless for the democratic party because they tend to actually care about having a functioning federal government.

15 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It's why we still have a filibuster where you need a super majority to pass anything. Neither side wants to give that up. 

Leon Troutsky likes this

2 minutes ago, Gaear Grimsrud said:

I've really developed an appreciation for "let me explain why this ******* moron is actually a genius" tweets and posts.

"Keeping the faith even when you've lost Ann Coulter and Qanon to own the libs."