Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

122,657 posts in this topic

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Pay attention about the fake/scm "if true" stories. I've been advising you for years about...the truth shall set you free.

Trump being compromised by Russia isn’t a “if true”.  It is something that Trump’s personal attorneys (past AND present) have admitted to. 

Big_Dog and defcon4 like this

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Huh?  

Let me put this in another way:

Would you say the Republican state governments saying they will undermine and eventually reject referendums they don't like, such as expansion of voting rights and setting up independent districting commissions, care about democracy?

Trump being compromised by Russia isn’t a “if true”.  It is something that Trump’s personal attorneys (past AND present) have admitted to. 

You're talking to a brain dead far right wacko.

Just now, big_dog said:

You're talking to a brain dead far right wacko.

Oh, I’m aware.  I wasn’t so much talking to him as pointing out for everyone that this isn’t an “if true” thing.  

defcon4 likes this

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Oh, I’m aware.  I wasn’t so much talking to him as pointing out for everyone that this isn’t an “if true” thing.  

I think most on here got your point. WFW is the only one of few holdouts.

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Let me put this in another way:

Would you say the Republican state governments saying they will undermine and eventually reject referendums they don't like, such as expansion of voting rights and setting up independent districting commissions, care about democracy?

Hickenlooper said he would CONSIDER a special legislative session if it passed because he believed it could spark a recession.  That’s a long way from saying he doesn’t care about democracy.

But again, taking one thing somewhat out of context to “flush” his entire career because he’s not leftist enough for you.  But let’s ignore the impurities of the candidates you like because reasons.

Purity for thee, not for me.

Hickenlooper said he would CONSIDER a special legislative session if it passed because he believed it could spark a recession.  That’s a long way from saying he doesn’t care about democracy.

But again, taking one thing somewhat out of context to “flush” his entire career because he’s not leftist enough for you.  But let’s ignore the impurities of the candidates you like because reasons.

Purity for thee, not for me.

Criticized some of Sanders' record not even 12 hours ago but alright. I see you that you think you came up with a zinger and you're not going to let it go lol

Also, there's nothing more respectful than telling the voters that if they vote in a way he and his oil industry donors don't like then they will spark a recession and that he will try to toss it out if a referendum passes. Purity for corporations, not for thee.

4 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Criticized some of Sanders' record not even 12 hours ago but alright. I see you that you think you came up with a zinger and you're not going to let it go lol

Also, there's nothing more respectful than telling the voters that if they vote in a way he and his oil industry donors don't like then they will spark a recession and that he will try to toss it out if a referendum passes. Purity for corporations, not for thee.

I’m not in favor of purity tests of any kind.  Just pointing out that the :flush: and “boo that man” doesn’t seem to apply across the board.  

Bernie opposing the Brady bill bothers me a lot more than Hickenlooper perhaps maybe possibly considering a legislative session following a referendum.  

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I’m not in favor of purity tests of any kind.  Just pointing out that the :flush: and “boo that man” doesn’t seem to apply across the board.  

Bernie opposing the Brady bill bothers me a lot more than Hickenlooper perhaps maybe possibly considering a legislative session following a referendum.  

I disagree but that's fair.

Leon Troutsky likes this

@Leon Troutsky nobody forgot that Trump is the villainy scum that satan literal wipes off his shoe, that he's a benedict arnold and openly, publicly and nonchalantly invited foreigners (non-Americans) to attack his political rival. Nobody forgot that he is breaking his oath of office every day and that he places his own self-interest above the country. It may seem that way, but no, we haven't, or, at least, half the country hasn't. The other half-the-country has S.F.B. disease a la she-who-will-not-be-named and her ilk. The problem is, the guy you are talking about, the "President," holds the office "Commander in Chief" and he has a litany of legal professionals, law enforcement, legislators and military members that protect his power. So what do you want us to do? Stage another Women's March? We have to wait until Congress gets its act together and we have to wait until the Special Counsel is done... Nobody has forgotten all the bad **** Trump's done.

Big_Dog likes this

19 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

@Leon Troutsky nobody forgot that Trump is the villainy scum that satan literal wipes off his shoe, that he's a benedict arnold and openly, publicly and nonchalantly invited foreigners (non-Americans) to attack his political rival. Nobody forgot that he is breaking his oath of office every day and that he places his own self-interest above the country. It may seem that way, but no, we haven't, or, at least, half the country hasn't. The other half-the-country has S.F.B. disease a la she-who-will-not-be-named and her ilk. The problem is, the guy you are talking about, the "President," holds the office "Commander in Chief" and he has a litany of legal professionals, law enforcement, legislators and military members that protect his power. So what do you want us to do? Stage another Women's March? We have to wait until Congress gets its act together and we have to wait until the Special Counsel is done... Nobody has forgotten all the bad **** Trump's done.

LOL, not at all what I said.  

Trump doesn’t have to be evil.  

It’s more than enough to acknowledge the basic fact that a major party presidential candidate, and then later the President of the United States, was compromised by a foreign adversary during the election, through the general election, and well into his presidency.  

That’s very serious and very dangerous.

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

One complaint I've always had against Dems is when they think they've proposed something good they fail to remember unintended consequences.

My main point about the purity stuff is really about looking for a candidate that can govern the nation, which I view as far more important than specific policies.  

I would rather have a candidate that has experience governing effectively than a candidate that I agree with across all the policy areas.  I don’t agree with Hickenlooper on some things, either.  But between him and Beto O’Rourke, Hickenlooper is far more qualified to govern the country because of is success in Colorado.  

If you can find someone with similar governing experience and who is better across the issues (who can also win the election) then I’m all ears.  My fear is that Democrats will go for the flashy names/personalities and overlook the far more important part of being president, which is knowing how to govern.  

♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ likes this

14 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

Kasich is more anti-abortion than Trump and more hawkish than Trump. He's also one of the biggest pushers of the human trafficking scare. Kasich was the very last Republican to leave the race in 2016, despite having only won a grand total of one state, his home state. Pathetic.

Trump had the most hawkish rhetoric of any president in my lifetime towards NK before he met him and got played for a photo op. 

defcon4 and Leon Troutsky like this

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

One complaint I've always had against Dems is when they think they've proposed something good they fail to remember unintended consequences.

I can see how that isn't a complaint with Republicans since they always fully intend the negative consequences of what they do.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I can see how that isn't a complaint with Republicans since they always fully intend the negative consequences of what they do.

It happens to them as well, just not as often and in such a grand scale...SEE ACA

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Trump had the most hawkish rhetoric of any president in my lifetime towards NK before he met him and got played for a photo op. 

I know your counterpoint will be that what South Korea is accomplishing is all that matters, but they keep finding new missle developments, so I don’t know how hot of a job they’re doing. 

Meanwhile, the most powerful man on the planet let a fledging dictator have an equal seat at the table and legitimized him.