Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

122,486 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He continues to own up to his promises this isn't over yet.

Are you saying he's going to make good on that fairy tale tax cut for all BS?  Good God you are gullible. How's the wall paid for by Mexico working out for him?

Dayum...another former Trump WH aide wrote a book.  This one has some previously unreported jewels in it, including an entire chapter on The Mooch.  The author was The Mooch’s right hand man in the WH.  

Some highlights from the book here...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/absolutely-out-of-control-cliff-simss-book-depicts-life-in-trumps-white-house/2019/01/21/883d2412-1d92-11e9-9145-3f74070bbdb9_story.html?utm_term=.5e1555966d0e

I think most people forget that Mooch sold his company, missed the birth of his child, which then cost him his marriage, so he could work in the WH for 11 days. 

Leon Troutsky likes this

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I think most people forget that Mooch sold his company, missed the birth of his child, which then cost him his marriage, so he could work in the WH for 11 days. 

Sims was Scaramucci’s right-hand man and describes the flamboyant aide’s hunt for “leakers,” which began with his own staff. Scaramucci assembled the 40-odd media aides and threatened to fire them all, Sims writes, as if he were a “fire-breathing dragon that had just returned from laying waste to the unsuspecting peasants in the village.”

Sims writes that Scaramucci ordered them to reply to anyone in the White House instructing them to leak information to a reporter, including then-Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, by saying: “I cannot do that. I only report to Anthony Scaramucci and he reports directly to the president of the United States.”

Even Trump was amused.

“Can you believe this guy?” the president told Sims. “He’s completely out of his mind — like, on drugs or something — totally out of his mind. We’ll figure it out, but the guy is crazy.”

7 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Yes buckle up it’s gonna be a slow ride.

Don't worry, he'll just look for the latest and greatest "if true" story to come along.

Maybe Rachel Maddow can get him worked up tonight ..

@big_dog

8 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I’m getting really tired of hearing people support these centrists like Bernie “Voted Against the Brady Bill” Sanders and Elizabeth “Voted for HW Bush” Warren.  We need a true progressive candidate for the Democratic Party, not some centrist sell-out like Warren or Sanders!

Where's Hickenlooper polling at recently?

Also, can you post that graph that showed Trump was the most moderate candidate again?

26 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Had 4 cups already, just getting started. Buckle up.

Try some decaf and maybe a nature channel. Lay off "Morning Joe" you need a break.

Big_Dog likes this

25 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Are you saying he's going to make good on that fairy tale tax cut for all BS?  Good God you are gullible. How's the wall paid for by Mexico working out for him?

Are we gonna go over that again? Isn't it time for your therapy?

8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Where's Hickenlooper polling at recently?

Also, can you post that graph that showed Trump was the most moderate candidate again?

Purity for thee, not for me.

I feel like an extremely important fact is being lost in all the talk about Trump and the Mueller investigation.

A major party presidential candidate was soliciting a potentially hundred million dollar real estate deal with a foreign adversary, having discussions during his entire primary campaign and possibly through the general election.  And he was lying about it the entire time.

Russia knew he was seeking this deal.  Russia knew he was lying the entire time.

That means that Trump was compromised by a foreign adversary who could have used that as blackmail against him.

We do not know if Russia actually tried to use that compromising information or otherwise blackmailed him.

But we know that he was compromised and could have been blackmailed.

That is one of the most serious and dangerous threats to our national security in recent history.

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Try some decaf and maybe a nature channel. Lay off "Morning Joe" you need a break.

How about the 2019 Razzies Awards?

The Trumps are now America’s first family and the Razzies’ first family. :slick:

As Hollywood’s best waits to hear if they’ve scored Oscar nominations on Tuesday, the Razzies were honoring Hollywood’s worst with the 39th annual Razzie Award nominations. Among the big winners losers are Holmes & Watson (six nominations), Gotti (six nominations), and Donald Trump, whose appearances in the documentaries Death of a Nation and Fahrenheit 11/9 scored him a Worst Actor nod. He and “his self perpetuating pettinesswas also up for Worst Screen Combo, while Melania Trump sneaked into the Worst Supporting Actress field, where she was joined by Kellyanne Conway.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

I feel like an extremely important fact is being lost in all the talk about Trump and the Mueller investigation.

A major party presidential candidate was soliciting a potentially hundred million dollar real estate deal with a foreign adversary, having discussions during his entire primary campaign and possibly through the general election.  And he was lying about it the entire time.

Russia knew he was seeking this deal.  Russia knew he was lying the entire time.

That means that Trump was compromised by a foreign adversary who could have used that as blackmail against him.

We do not know if Russia actually tried to use that compromising information or otherwise blackmailed him.

But we know that he was compromised and could have been blackmailed.

That is one of the most serious and dangerous threats to our national security in recent history.

@WhenFalconsWin   Pat attention to the surrounding you ignore!

Purity for thee, not for me.

Wanting purity with a politician is more akin to the few lefties who ditched AOC because of her two state solution comment, even though they agreed with her on 99% of everything else.

Pointing out records? That's just fair game. Even criticized Sanders on some of his votes when you tried to get bitchy about it. I fully recognize he isn't perfect, but he's better than the rest of the garbage that's running. ^_^

3 minutes ago, big_dog said:

How about the 2019 Razzies Awards?

The Trumps are now America’s first family and the Razzies’ first family. :slick:

As Hollywood’s best waits to hear if they’ve scored Oscar nominations on Tuesday, the Razzies were honoring Hollywood’s worst with the 39th annual Razzie Award nominations. Among the big winners losers are Holmes & Watson (six nominations), Gotti (six nominations), and Donald Trump, whose appearances in the documentaries Death of a Nation and Fahrenheit 11/9 scored him a Worst Actor nod. He and “his self perpetuating pettinesswas also up for Worst Screen Combo, while Melania Trump sneaked into the Worst Supporting Actress field, where she was joined by Kellyanne Conway.

Your first mistake was Hollywood. Your second and third mistakes, Hollywood. :tiphat:

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Wanting purity with a politician is more akin to the few lefties who ditched AOC because of her two state solution comment, even though they agreed with her on 99% of everything else.

Pointing out records? That's just fair game. Even criticized Sanders on some of his votes when you tried to get bitchy about it. I fully recognize he isn't perfect, but he's better than the rest of the garbage that's running. ^_^

I’m talking more about the “boo that man” and :flush: for any candidate who isn’t pure and thus gets tagged as “centrist” (as though that’s a bad thing).

You can’t just “boo that man” and :flush: someone, ignoring their entire record, except for selected candidates one likes.  

As I said, purity for thee, not for me.  

I’m talking more about the “boo that man” and :flush: for any candidate who isn’t pure and thus gets tagged as “centrist” (as though that’s a bad thing).

You can’t just “boo that man” and :flush: someone, ignoring their entire record, except for selected candidates one likes.  

As I said, purity for thee, not for me.  

Indeed. Boo Hickenlooper for openly stating he'd undermine an oil/gas regulation referendum if it passed. Your dude doesn't care about democracy.

:flush:

9 minutes ago, big_dog said:

@WhenFalconsWin   Pat attention to the surrounding you ignore!

Pay attention about the fake/scm "if true" stories. I've been advising you for years about...the truth shall set you free.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Indeed. Boo Hickenlooper for openly stating he'd undermine an oil/gas regulation referendum if it passed. Your dude doesn't care about democracy.

:flush:

Huh?