Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

123,176 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, big_dog said:

Lock Them Up

Donald Trump Jr and long-term Trump aide Roger Stone face a threat of criminal charges as Democrats on Capitol Hill prepare to hand evidence to Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation. They could be charged with perjury if they lied to Congress during interviews behind closed doors with the House intelligence committee.Trump Jr is in peril because he orchestrated the now infamous Trump Tower meeting with a group of Russians after being promised “dirt” on Hillary Clinton. He would face problems if he told Congress that his father was unaware of the meeting but Mueller has obtained evidence to contradict that.

“When Donald Trump, Jr. called out CNN in a tweet about “The Lead,” Jake Tapper pointed out that he and his guests were quite skeptical of the report, Jr. responded, “If you’re skeptical about the accuracy of a story, how about NOT giving it non-stop, wall to wall coverage on your network? You just can’t help yourselves!!!”

“Tapper’s answer: “Your father, the White House and congressional leaders were talking about it and reacting to it so of course we covered it. Given the many lies you told the American people about the meeting at Trump Tower I don’t really care to be lectured about anything by you.”

I see Dan still lies and cannot get his facts straight. Horrible reporter horrible person

I guess he forgot why he was fired by CBS

8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I see Dan still lies and cannot get his facts straight. Horrible reporter horrible person

I guess he forgot why he was fired by CBS

They're going to talk about this one for years. It'll have an anniversary and everything. It's going to be their own ******* MLK day.

1 minute ago, Serge said:

They're going to talk about this one for years. It'll have an anniversary and everything. It's going to be their own ******* MLK day.

Serge and AF89 like this

1 minute ago, Serge said:

2 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

You guys love throwing that at me.      The fact is that my mistake was not recognizing the extent to which we are complete dumb -**** ********.  

That includes Republicans and purists. 

I have learned my lesson.  You pricks have not. 

It was a lesson progressives allegedly learned when they failed to support Al Gore in 2000. It was that much more frustrating to see history repeat itself with a somehow worse candidate than George W. Bush in 2016.

As people who care about the state of the world, we must find a path to selecting the best possible candidate in what is a two-party system by default. Otherwise, well-intended people will continue to vote in misguided fashion.

HolyMoses likes this

Here's a great tweet by Dan Rather.

You can totally understand why someone this wise has won so many Peabody Awards.

19 minutes ago, jidady said:

It was a lesson progressives allegedly learned when they failed to support Al Gore in 2000. It was that much more frustrating to see history repeat itself with a somehow worse candidate than George W. Bush in 2016.

As people who care about the state of the world, we must find a path to selecting the best possible candidate in what is a two-party system by default. Otherwise, well-intended people will continue to vote in misguided fashion.

And young progressives got burned hard when they went all in for Obama and all he promised only to end up with a corporate centrist that liked war almost as much as his predecessor. 

The Democrat establishment thought they were entitled the young progressive vote even though they had done virtually nothing to earn it. 

Billy Ocean likes this

1 minute ago, jidady said:

Here's a great tweet by Dan Rather.

You can totally understand why someone this wise has won so many Peabody Awards.

Dan Rather also did lasting damage to his profession when he used fake documents for something as irrelevant as Dubya's record in the Texas air guard. 

27 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Lol.

“I will tell them that this man gave his life serving others. I will tell them that this man tried to love somebody. I will tell them that because he did these things, they live today with the freedom God intended, their citizenship unquestioned, their dreams unbounded.” - Barack Obama, 11/13/2006

3 minutes ago, kicker said:

Lol.

“I will tell them that this man gave his life serving others. I will tell them that this man tried to love somebody. I will tell them that because he did these things, they live today with the freedom God intended, their citizenship unquestioned, their dreams unbounded.” - Barack Obama, 11/13/2006

I wonder if he bombed any middle eastern weddings that day.

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

7 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I wonder if he bombed any middle eastern weddings that day.

Only on Call of Duty 3 while Michelle was making supper.