Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

122,509 posts in this topic

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

So now you acknowledge that the people coming here are refugees? After the ports of entry were illegally closed, families separated, parents deported, and children killed?

By definition they were not forced out of their country. You didn't address what I said, the treacherous journey they go through, the drugs/trafficking/rape/slavery ? So that is not a crisis to you? You're are fine with that?

Check your heart at the door, boy ol' boy

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

By definition they were not forced out of their country. You didn't address what I said, the treacherous journey they go through, the drugs/trafficking/rape/slavery ? So that is not a crisis to you? You're are fine with that?

Check your heart at the door, boy ol' boy

You should check out the conditions they're fleeing from then, especially since drugs, trafficking, rape, slavery, etc. are apparently so concerning that you want to build a wall to keep them out.

11 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

You should check out the conditions they're fleeing from then, especially since drugs, trafficking, rape, slavery, etc. are apparently so concerning that you want to build a wall to keep them out.

That would require human empathy. A quality that seems to be forbidden with MAGA types these days. 

The fact is that we are largely responsible for any refugee crisis that exists on the southern border. But good luck getting people like WFW to acknowledge that. 

Serge, lostone, GEORGIAfan and 4 others like this

31 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Many of them don't claim to be fleeing a bad personal situation, but a bad economic situation. They say they want a better life, job, etc. I'm perfectly fine we have "legal immigration" for their benefits.

But the burden, for these people paying to cross illegally, ate both dangerous for their security and we'll being. We need to change the easy unlawful (unsafe illegal entry) better "border security" than before in the past.

I've laid out my Immigration policy over the past few weeks, and no one has a better or more generous plan than I.

Time to stop kicking the can down the road after 4 decades...bo more status quo.

On sex work, ‘tough on crime’

When Harris appeared on the feminist podcast Call Your Girlfriend last summer, the two hosts chatted with her warmly about what it was like being America’s only black female senator – and what it was like to constantly have people mispronounce her name.

But the hosts, Ann Friedman and Aminatou Sow, questioned Harris on one position they said they did not understand: why had she worked to shut down Backpage.com, a website sex workers used for advertisements and that many argued had made their work more safe?

Today, Harris presents herself as an advocate for victims of sexual exploitation, but her practices as prosecutor and the legislation she has supported have often conflated human “trafficking” with consensual adult sex work.

Harris’s DA office participated in sting operations that used female police officers to pose as prostitutes and arrest men who interact with them. The “loitering” cases that followed disproportionally targeted Latino men. Harris was also a vocal opponent of a proposition to decriminalize prostitution.

On Backpage, which Harris called the “world’s top online brothel”, she pursued pimping charges against the website operators, even after a judged tossed an initial case on free speech grounds. Harris continued her opposition to the website as a senator and supported legislation that further criminalized sex work across the internet.

Backpage’s closure has left many sex workers strapped for cash to pay for housing and medicines and forced some sex workers to turn to more precarious kinds of work to make up for lost income. “It put these girls out of the safety net the internet has provided and back on the streets,” said Kiki Bryant, a 27-year-old writer and sex workers’ rights activist.

Matilda Bickers, a 34-year-old sex workers’ organizer, said: “If you want to help marginalized and exploited people, you protect them, you don’t further limit their options … It’s been devastating.”

Phoenix Calida, another sex worker, said Harris was a leader in a bipartisan agenda that put sex workers and victims of trafficking behind bars, championing a policy position that Calida believes will be viewed as backwards and unethical years from now, similar to the “war on drugs”: “This is absolutely tough on crime. It’s about hurting people in the name of crime reduction.”

:flush:

Kharma’s a *****, Sean. 

20s2h7.jpg?a429696

5c450a762bdd7f2029147292-750-375.jpg

This is not the best, but there will be video stills that are certain to replace the “crying Jordan” meme. 

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

::fingers cross that the Morgan & Morgan goobers have already drafted a C&D letter::

John Morgan led the effort to legalize medical marijuana in Florida, spending tens of millions of his own money to do so, and now he's pushing for legalized recreational marijuana in 2020.

In 2014 Republican Ron Gold, California’s former deputy attorney general, challenged Kamala Harris in her reelection bid. Gold voiced his support for both medical and recreational marijuana, while Harris laughed at pot legalization.

2 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

John Morgan led the effort to legalize medical marijuana in Florida, spending tens of millions of his own money to do so, and now he's pushing for legalized recreational marijuana in 2020.

In 2014 Republican Ron Gold, the state’s former deputy attorney general, challenged Kamala Harris in her reelection bid. Gold voiced his support for both medical and recreational marijuana, while Harris laughed at pot legalization.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm a fan of Melissa Gira Grant's work. The only person from Reason who I follow is Elizabeth Nolan Brown and she's siding with the Native American gentleman's account, not her colleagues at Reason:

AF89 likes this

1 minute ago, Billy Ocean said:

I'm a fan of Melissa Gira Grant's work. The only person from Reason who I follow is Elizabeth Nolan Brown and she's siding with the Native American gentleman's account, not her colleagues at Reason:

AF89 likes this

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Alligator moat...if the alligators have laser beans mounted on their heads then I'm all for it.

I hope Chipper gets his hand bitten off by an alligator like Carl Weathers.

12 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I remember people defending Hillary using prison slave labor in 2016. Looking forward to that being rehashed with Harris.

You’ll remember being proud of yourself for spreading that completely concocted ******** story when we have a Donald Trump stacked judiciary for the next half century, *******.