Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

127,836 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

How many screen names are you gonna go through bro?

While it has a relatively small cast, he's still got several main and minor characters from Fargo to go.

JDaveG likes this

47 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

No Democratic defections for Trump's "compromise" bill. Six Republican defectors voted for the House bill that was brought to a vote. Both failed, obviously, but it's clear which side is cracking.

Wait . . . 

I'm not a math ace, but that sounds like there was a bill to open the government that past both legislative houses with majorities.

But the Senate Bill got "fillibustered" and therefore won't go to Trump.

The Republican Senators billibustered a bill with popular approval that would open the government.

That is pretty scare.

But not nearly as frightening is that they were RIGHT to do it in terms of their future viability ie . . . avoid getting primary'd.

4 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Quality thread.

The newspaper is less than a open book about a company thier boss owns...shocking

6 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

Since I had to think about it for a minute even though I pride myself for these things, here's the reference and well played.

This is an old one on here and a Trout/Jdave favorite

54 minutes ago, lostone said:

What happens if a natural disaster happens during the shutdown?  Would FEMA not be funded?

You mean a disaster BESIDES the Caravan? Hordes of foreigners are at the gates border even as we quibble over the need for a wall! Fire! Brimstone! Taco trucks on every corner!

It's bad enough we have to deal with Shifty, Smoothy and D-Money. Don't even mention them bringing the Ziki Fly. Now we also have to worry about foreigners selling drugs in Maine and getting little white girls pregnant before going home.

Image result for paul lepage

HolyMoses likes this

7 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

lmao now we're doing "down payment" for the wall

Yah. But the $5.7 billion is a down payment on the wall that's expected to cost more than $20 billion.

HolyMoses likes this

30 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

While it has a relatively small cast, he's still got several main and minor characters from Fargo to go.

a bunch of characters from season three of twin peaks, as well.

AF89 likes this

8 minutes ago, achilles return said:

a bunch of characters from season three of twin peaks, as well.

also Cohen bros versions of George Clooney and Tom Hanks

Just now, mdrake34 said:

:lol:

Can I admit that I have no idea who Lanny Davis is outside of the various rants of Master Levine videos :ninja:

Ted Lieu on CNN with the exact message Dems need about the shutdown...this isn’t about the wall anymore, this is about not allowing the president to use opening government as a “concession”.  It’s about the fact that Trump will make another demand in three weeks and shutdown the government all over again.  I’m glad they have someone on TV explaining it like that.

mdrake34 likes this