Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

Just now, WOR said:

Which, personally, I'm fine with. 

Outside of Zion I'm not "uber" impressed with anyone. RJ barret scares me. #1 high school prospects have a ****** track record. Plus, hes shooting like 30% on floaters and around the rim. Gross. Ja Morant looks exciting, but he's a PG. 

It's pretty much Zion and a bunch of "Yeah these might be just all star type guys" around the top 10. Picking 2-9 is whatever. 

Getting Zion is an absolute pipe dream for EVERYONE. You could win 2 games all year and have an 85.5% chance you DONT get him. People and *especially* the God awful media in this town need to take it down a notch. 

I agree with all of this.  

Also, a second of appreciation for JC's 3-point shooting this year.  Dude is turning into a monster.  If he adds even a bit more to his game, he could end up special.  And what I think gives me the most optimism about the Trae/JC/Huerter combo is that all three have high basketball IQs and are all hard workers.  Whatever peak their physical abilities could lead to, they have the mental attributes to give them the best chance to get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gaear Grimsrud said:

I agree with all of this.  

Also, a second of appreciation for JC's 3-point shooting this year.  Dude is turning into a monster.  If he adds even a bit more to his game, he could end up special.  And what I think gives me the most optimism about the Trae/JC/Huerter combo is that all three have high basketball IQs and are all hard workers.  Whatever peak their physical abilities could lead to, they have the mental attributes to give them the best chance to get there.

JC is getting himself into the Karl Anthony Towns area in that he's a big that can do everything extremely well, except play defense lol. 

I saw a stat yesterday from Brad Rowland that JC has 11 blocks and 6 steals.... In like 900 minutes this year lol. Last year he had like 80 blocks in 1100 minutes. Strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WOR said:

JC is getting himself into the Karl Anthony Towns area in that he's a big that can do everything extremely well, except play defense lol. 

I saw a stat yesterday from Brad Rowland that JC has 11 blocks and 6 steals.... In like 900 minutes this year lol. Last year he had like 80 blocks in 1100 minutes. Strange. 

Defensively he is definitely not-so-good, and he also struggles against teams with real size on the inside.  But overall, just turning into a great player, and he's still so young.

 

 

ATLBrave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

 

Since I had to think about it for a minute even though I pride myself for these things, here's the reference and well played.

 

I know the song, but I immediately got trout's reference because I watched this episode the other night.

 

HolyMoses and AF89 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mdrake34 said:

@HolyMoses this is an interesting development.

 

I've got to say, the "I won't testify because Trump is intimidating my family" is an incredibly strange turn even for this show.  It is also pretty disturbing regardless of the merits.  

It is massively disturbing if Trump has actually intimidated Cohen to this extent (and getting away with it.)  And equally disturbing if Cohen is using this as a ruse to hide a different reason.

 

mdrake34 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gaear Grimsrud said:

Defensively he is definitely not-so-good, and he also struggles against teams with real size on the inside.  But overall, just turning into a great player, and he's still so young.

 

 

I'm still hoping for my dreams to come true. 

Chris Haynes said the Hawks had "discussions" about eating Chandler Parsons contract. 

Parsons and JJJ for Baze, Prince, Dedmon(salary reasons), our own 1st this year(top 1 protected), and another of our meh 1st rounders. 

It's as close as I can get to literally molding JJJ and JC into a singular player who would be the greatest star the league has ever known. But in reality would give us a defensive freak that we need next to Trae and Collins that can also nail 3s.

Craziness? Sure. But I could also make a case why it's not "that" crazy for the Grizz. Morant to replace Conley??? No more Parsons??? Something like 30 mill off the books within the next two years? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also now realized that RJ sounds a lot like  a slightly more fluid Taurean Prince. 

 

Whom I despise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Quality thread.

it's also extremely obvious that she meant 'living wage' in the context of the larger argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, WOR said:

I'm still hoping for my dreams to come true. 

Chris Haynes said the Hawks had "discussions" about eating Chandler Parsons contract. 

Parsons and JJJ for Baze, Prince, Dedmon(salary reasons), our own 1st this year(top 1 protected), and another of our meh 1st rounders. 

It's as close as I can get to literally molding JJJ and JC into a singular player who would be the greatest star the league has ever known. But in reality would give us a defensive freak that we need next to Trae and Collins that can also nail 3s.

Craziness? Sure. But I could also make a case why it's not "that" crazy for the Grizz. Morant to replace Conley??? No more Parsons??? Something like 30 mill off the books within the next two years? 

I saw basically the same trade posited over at PeachtreeHoops, and instantly thought of you, and also “**** yes!”

Sure it’s crazy, even with reasonable justifications for the Grizz, but if Atlanta sports fans can’t continue to hope for things that will never happen, what the **** do we even have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

I've got to say, the "I won't testify because Trump is intimidating my family" is an incredibly strange turn even for this show.  It is also pretty disturbing regardless of the merits.  

It is massively disturbing if Trump has actually intimidated Cohen to this extent (and getting away with it.)  And equally disturbing if Cohen is using this as a ruse to hide a different reason.

 

Hypothetically speaking, boy I can't emphasize that enough, say someone staight--up assassinated him, and the real killer's in the wind or dies or disappears, would we even know for sure it wasn't a foreign power that's invested in Trump to the point that they would be invested in his legitimacy, regardless of how much they are or aren't coordinating that assassination with the WH?

We'd suspect someone working for Trump of course, and we might even end up arresting a Russian, but if we didn't know for absolute, beyond a reasonable doubt sure, then Trump's always going to say a foreign power wanted him gone because they want to work with him, and that'll be enough for his followers.

It seems obvious enough that Cohen would have reason to worry that it's already occurred to Trump or one of his Fox News gremlins. I know I'd be worried.

HolyMoses likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So a Vanity Fair reporter tells an MSNBC reporter that Michael Cohen is cooperating.  

First, that’s some REO Speedwagon hearsay.   

Second, I thought everybody already knew that.

Actually, Emily Jane Fox is a close personal acquaintance of Michael Cohen and has been the first to report a lot of what's going on behind the scenes with his prosecution. There was a concern that Trump's intimidation might not just frighten him away from testifying before Congress but from further cooperation with prosecutors since he's already been sentenced and has little to gain from helping the Special Counsel. Also, she said he was cooperating with the New York State AG. He hasn't faced state charges yet so that is actually news, especially in lieu of aforementioned mob tactics to get him to STFU.

Leon Troutsky likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gaear Grimsrud said:

I saw basically the same trade posited over at PeachtreeHoops, and instantly thought of you, and also “**** yes!”

Sure it’s crazy, even with reasonable justifications for the Grizz, but if Atlanta sports fans can’t continue to hope for things that will never happen, what the **** do we even have?

Oh really? I thought of it this morning while listening to the locked on hawks podcast. Which makes sense lol. 

I wish JJJ was drafted by the kings.... Theyll do whatever dumb **** you request. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WOR said:

Oh really? I thought of it this morning while listening to the locked on hawks podcast. Which makes sense lol. 

I wish JJJ was drafted by the kings.... Theyll do whatever dumb **** you request. 

The one over there wasn't quite as reasonable, I don't think (not that either are likely):

Quote

Here's an out of left field idea that has a 0.01% chance of happening

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yakp4l5c

Hawks send: Lin, Plumlee, the Mavs pick
Grizzlies send: Parsons, Shelvin Mack, Jaren Jackson

Why do the Hawks do it? I like Jackson better than anyone who appears likely to be available at where the Mavs might pick this year. Maybe the Hawks do too. Mack provides a vet replacement for Lin for the rest of the season.

Why do the Grizzlies do it? It clears $13 million in cap space next year and gets Parsons off their payroll, they can flip Lin to a contender for an additional asset, and maybe they value this draft enough that the combination of clearing cap, an additional lottery pick, and whatever asset they get for Lin meets or exceeds the value of Jackson.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

I've got to say, the "I won't testify because Trump is intimidating my family" is an incredibly strange turn even for this show.  It is also pretty disturbing regardless of the merits.  

It is massively disturbing if Trump has actually intimidated Cohen to this extent (and getting away with it.)  And equally disturbing if Cohen is using this as a ruse to hide a different reason.

 

"if True" never ceases to amaze...it's the best fishing bait out there because all the "fish" seem to be falling for it. 

When did we become a society that started commenting on things that have not been corroborated as if they were true.  Simple answer, 24/7 fake/scm, I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

 

I have several family members caught up in this, I guarantee you they neither need to go to a food bank nor would they every have too.  I've got 4 extra bedrooms in the house, food, and I can pay their bills if need be until this mess is over.  

That is what family does, they help out when they have too.  I urge all those that can help out please do so. I've also been helping out non-family members...don't rely on your government, but that has been said by me plenty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gaear Grimsrud said:

The one over there wasn't quite as reasonable, I don't think (not that either are likely):

 

Ew. That's terrible. So essentially pick 7ish and a terrible contract in Plumlee? 

That's doodoo. 

Mine is so much better lol. They get 2 "future" starters, and a greater potential at Ja Morant, plus another random non lotto pick. 

The PH trade is highway robbery. Mine is at least fair lol. 

Outside of Zion and Ja Im not big on this draft(for stars), but the Grizz have a huge need for Ja who is a face of the franchise PG and we have a greater need for a bigger Draymond, who isn't a face of the franchise guy. 

The rest is just filler. The more I think, the more this needs to get done lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

 

“It doesn’t make sense to me.  They could just send their housekeepers to the food banks to pick up some shrimp and steaks for Surf and Turf Saturday.  What’s the big deal?”

JayOzOne likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.