Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,525 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Blitzkrieg strategies were being developed in the 1920s and were becoming mainstream with German high command after Guderian published his book. Hitler didn’t have much to do with that. His political strategies were also pretty simple: Beat the **** out of or kill your opponents and make sure the government doesn’t function until you take power.

He was also always insane. The entire Aryan myth he based his racial theories on is predicated in Germans and other master races being descended from refugees of Atlantis.

I mean of course he was insane,  but he also rose from a leader of street thugs with literally nothing but a donations box and some disgruntled vets, out maneuvered the other street thugs to become the most powerful person in the world (same with Stalin only in a backdrop of a revolution). I doubt Trump could do that

Like our guy can't even fire his underlings in person without anxieties,  I'm trying to imagine that showing up on the Big Book of 20th century dictators or even the bios of a Napoleon or Ceaser

Edit: Then again some of those guys fainted at the sight of blood and/or were intimidated by women so maybe..

17 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I mean of course he was insane,  but he also rose from a leader of street thugs with literally nothing but a donations box and some disgruntled vets, out maneuvered the other street thugs to become the most powerful person in the world (same with Stalin only in a backdrop of a revolution). I doubt Trump could do that

Because 'Merica

53 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Hawks won a critical draft game against the Bulls :sadwave:

Sansa better win that throne

Collins is 36 for his last 53, which is 67.9%. He's leveling up.

We're not losing because we have a 21-year-old with a PER of 21 who averages 19 and 10. I don't want to sound greedy but why couldn't he have waited a year?

1 minute ago, jidady said:

Collins is 36 for his last 53, which is 67.9%. He's leveling up.

We're not losing because we have a 21-year-old with a PER of 21 who averages 19 and 10. I don't want to sound greedy but why couldn't he have waited a year?

That's my thoughts, add a another top 3 rookie and the future is so bright the president will try to look directly at it

jidady likes this

For the single millennials here, who would you rather Mary, Olivia Nuzzi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ari Melber, Mara Gay, Francesca Chambers, Emily Jane Fox or Natasha Bertrand.

This tweet highlights the divide. Ohio just had its version of the Heartbeat Bill shot down by Kasich before he left office and now they're trying again with the new governor sure to sign it. Meanwhile, New York is on the far other end of the divide on this issue.

We may be one country. But no way that this is one nation. There are chasms between states. Chasms between races. Chasms between men and women. Religions. The rich and the poor. Seriously, it's not possible to have a truly representative government for 350+ million people.

Rest In Pieces, america. It was a good run while it lasted.

Door Gunner likes this

4 hours ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

For the single millennials here, who would you rather Mary, Olivia Nuzzi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ari Melber, Mara Gay, Francesca Chambers, Emily Jane Fox or Natasha Bertrand.

Hard to say, I haven't seen all of them dance. This said, Mara would rank quite high among the candidates...

6 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

So a Vanity Fair reporter tells an MSNBC reporter that Michael Cohen is cooperating.  

First, that’s some REO Speedwagon hearsay.   

Second, I thought everybody already knew that.

mdrake34 and HolyMoses like this

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So a Vanity Fair reporter tells an MSNBC reporter that Michael Cohen is cooperating.  

First, that’s some REO Speedwagon hearsay.   

Second, I thought everybody already knew that.

+++ Reo speedwagon 

HolyMoses likes this

I would just like to say my company tried to throw a nice position and project on me to get me to stay.  I stood my ground!!

As long as its not her private jet, but mine is okay. Status quo politician.

WASHINGTON — Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez cautioned that “the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change,” but previously denied she had any interest in banning private jets.

“I think that the part of it that is generational is that millennials and people, in Gen Z, and all these folks that come after us are looking up and we’re like, the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change,” Ocasio-Cortez said Monday during a Martin Luther King Jr. Day event at Riverside Church in New York City. “And your biggest issue is, your biggest issue is how are we going to pay for it? — and like this is the war, this is our World War II.

However, When asked by a reporter, Ocasio-Cortez in early January if her New Green Deal would include banning private jets, heavy aircrafts with high rates of carbon emissions. The New York Democrat simply answered “no,” as she walked away and a staffer blocked access to any further questions.