Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,525 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

They said earlier they had go bags ready to go before the order even came down <_<

What fresh **** is this? 

That shutdown and subterranean approval rating isn't going to distract from itself. 

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

That shutdown and subterranean approval rating isn't going to distract from itself. 

It's either threatening to attack Venezuela or having someone leak that he might pardon Cohen and/or Manafort. Those are his nuclear aces in the hole.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Mad? No. Definitely mocked her though.

How else can a Dem candidate reach out to the swing voters who went Trump? She criticized Trump while also reaching out to those folks. 

Is it the fact that it was a conference with only players already in the game that bothered you? 

Because any Dem candidate is going to have to say those same things to win. ****ting on Republicans all the time every time isn't gonna be a winning strategy. 

Is it it just because it was her? Is it a general distrust of Dems and their history of folding? Nothing she said struck me as mockable in that moment. It's what I expect any Dem candidate to say who wants to win. 

HolyMoses likes this

19 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

It's hard to identify the common good when both sides determine their policy based on what the other side does and then doing the opposite. That is the exact opposite of "common".

Republicans leadership doesn't base their policy on "anti-Democrats" only their rhetoric. Their actual policy is simple, increase class and wealth disparities, enrich corporations and **** the environment. It's not that they really care about being "anti-Democrats," only that they fool their constituents into thinking they are.

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It will be as legitimate as UCF’s national championship.  :lol:

Or the saints and rams rematch!

8 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

That is the concept of representative government at work. A lot of people want to see someone like them achieve success. And what buffoonish clown would not want to see another attain the highest office in the land?

Yeah I'm just saying.  All the seeds were there for a true tyrant, conservatives were absolutely hungry for one after Obama but instead a reality TV clown rose to the challenge and we got a light beer version of their dream of a theocratic ethnostate (that looks like even its not going to last) that can't go a day without vomiting up on themselves

3 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

It's either threatening to attack Venezuela or having someone leak that he might pardon Cohen and/or Manafort. Those are his nuclear aces in the hole.

You realize that Trump has a literal nuclear ace in the hole, don’t you?

falconsd56 likes this

4 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Sometimes I wonder if historians will look back on Trump of all people heading the right wing populist wave of the late 2010s (that was going to happen without him regardless) as an amazing turn of fortune or historical quirk that (maybe) changed the timeline for the better like Hitler intervening at both Dunkirk and Normandy or the Persians failing to overrun ancient Greece etc.

Like they could have easily picked someone who believed all the same things Trump does that wasn't a buffonish clown

If I have learned anything from studying the far-right it's that they gravitate towards cartoonish buffoons more often than not.

DizzyWindingDunnart-max-1mb.gif

Though I suppose you have a point. Trump is extremely cartoonish and buffoonish. A parody of himself.

Just now, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

Republicans leadership doesn't base their policy on "anti-Democrats" only their rhetoric. Their actual policy is simple, increase class and wealth disparities, enrich corporations and **** the environment. It's not that they really care about being "anti-Democrats," only that they fool their constituents into thinking they are.

Great point and I stand somewhat corrected. The Republican motto should be "the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many". They are happy to keep the rabble occupied while the wealthy steal more wealth. As I told someone on another forum, the GOP promise to poor white people is that they will always be second to the bottom of the societal pecking order. Sadly, that's more than enough for them to be its most loyal constituents.

41 minutes ago, Boner said:

I wish we could tax imaginary internet wealth.

He's the richest guy in his retirement home living room...unless you count the nurses.

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

How else can a Dem candidate reach out to the swing voters who went Trump? She criticized Trump while also reaching out to those folks. 

Is it the fact that it was a conference with only players already in the game that bothered you? 

Because any Dem candidate is going to have to say those same things to win. ****ting on Republicans all the time every time isn't gonna be a winning strategy. 

Is it it just because it was her? Is it a general distrust of Dems and their history of folding? Nothing she said struck me as mockable in that moment. It's what I expect any Dem candidate to say who wants to win. 

Run on a different platform?

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Run on a different platform?

I absolutely understand that and I hope they do. I'm sitting here for the taking if they do. But even if they do they are gonna have to sale Republican leaning independents to win. Parts of it are gonna look a lot like what she did and said in a conference that really didn't matter on a national scale. 

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

If I have learned anything from studying the far-right it's that they gravitate towards cartoonish buffoons more often than not.

DizzyWindingDunnart-max-1mb.gif

Though I suppose you have a point. Trump is extremely cartoonish and buffoonish. A parody of himself.

I mean for all we can go back and nitpick thier blunders in retrosoect it's easy to forget how intelligent and charasmatic Hitler and Stalin and many others were. You don't always get the clownish jack@ss rising to the top. Sometimes you get that perfect mix of ambitious AND clever that's going to do alot of damage before they exit stage left. 

Maybe we got lucky I dunno

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Yeah I'm just saying.  All the seeds were there for a true tyrant, conservatives were absolutely hungry for one after Obama but instead a reality TV clown rose to the challenge and we got a light beer version of their dream of a theocratic ethnostate (that looks like even its not going to last) that can't go a day without vomiting up on themselves

How did we wind up here? Foreign interference in the election that is embraced by one of our political parties. A crook in office. Blatant disenfranchising of minority voters. Completely failing to account for ethics and emoluments violations. And not even subtle outreach to white supremacists.

This is so very hard for me to process.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

On 1/22/2019 at 6:57 PM, JayOzOne said:

LOL. Somebody tell Who Dat Nation they can Suck Dese Nuts.

They can have a participation celebration like Indy did after Deflategate:slick:

10 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Trump was an out of the box phenomenon that won by scraping out 70k votes in "middle America," and nobody with real money behind them pursues  "grand scale out of the box" strategies because there are so many unknowns and risks involved.  Why do you think there are so many reboots going on in Hollywood today? It's the same **** over and over because money is scared to be innovative, though calling Trump innovative is somewhat mischaracterizing what happened. I think you were right when you said he was some what of a Fluke, but he does represent real forces of racism, foreign sabotage and big, big money.

Oh and of course, Trump's die hasn't been cast yet. It's just getting really close.

Edited by ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒

5 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I mean for all we can ho back and nitpick thier blunders in retrosoect it's easy to forget how intelligent and charasmatic Hitler and Stalin and many others were. You don't always get the clownish jack@ss rising to the top.

Maybe we got lucky I dunno

I forget which German historian it was, but they argued that Hitler wasn't smart or charismatic. He was just extremely racist and Germany, for the most part, was extremely racist as well. You mix that with the economic situation deteriorating and you get what we got.

Stalin was also not charismatic. You can tell that much by watching any of his speeches. He was just a total psychopath who was a better politician than his competitors, namely Trotsky.

AF89 likes this

11 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

You realize that Trump has a literal nuclear ace in the hole, don’t you?

The silver tongue of Rudy Giuliani?

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

16 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I forget which German historian it was, but they argued that Hitler wasn't smart or charismatic. He was just extremely racist and Germany, for the most part, was extremely racist as well. You mix that with the economic situation deteriorating and you get what we got.

Stalin was also not charismatic. You can tell that much by watching any of his speeches. He was just a total psychopath who was a better politician than his competitors, namely Trotsky.

I think some of his intelligence were probably underrated,  at least at the beginning before his narcacism really took over and he was constantly high off his mind on drugs. he pushed alot of doctrines and philosophies most of the German war department didn't want to hear about. He didn't invent things like mobile warfare or concentrating your armor (the German high command was famous for sitting around and writing war theory) of course but he was amongst the first to see thier values. He also with help took propaganda and narrative forming to never before seen levels basically writing the book on thought control tho he projected that feeling onto the jews.

He wasn't the master military strategist alot try to project him as other than a shrewd ability as a former frontline peon to see some common sense things high command aristocracy overlooked

8 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I think some of his intelligence were probably underrated,  at least at the beginning before his narcacism really took over and he was constantly high off his mind on drugs. he pushed alot of doctrines and philosophies most of the German war department didn't want to hear about. He didn't invent things like mobile warfare or concentrating your armor (the German high command was famous for sitting around and writing war theory) of course but he was amongst the first to see thier values. He also with help took propaganda and narrative forming to never before seen levels basically writing the book on thought control tho he projected that feeling onto the jews.

He wasn't the master military strategist alot try to project him as other than a shrewd ability as a former frontline peon to see some common sense things high command overlooked

Blitzkrieg strategies were being developed in the 1920s and were becoming mainstream with German high command after Guderian published his book. Hitler didn’t have much to do with that. His political strategies were also pretty simple: Beat the **** out of or kill your opponents and make sure the government doesn’t function until you take power.

He was also always insane. The entire Aryan myth he based his racial theories on is predicated in Germans and other master races being descended from refugees of Atlantis.

12 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

So, not only does Trump like being peed on, he also has a leaking problem himself. Sounds right.

fetishist