Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

Just now, Jpowers said:

And it is never going to be about them. If she goes around sounding like you want her to she will never reach the voters you want her to. 

At a conference for mayor's from around the country she criticized the President while also displaying just a touch of bipartisanship and you criticize her for it. It's just stupid dude. It's a dumb thing to criticize her for. 

Indeed. It's a completely pointless endeavor.

7 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

It's too bad Donald already smeared the luster of an Oval Office speech with that word spew from a couple weeks ago. That's going to make the SOTU soooo very anticlimactic.

You will tell me all about it, though? Such a sweet lad!

Who gives a flying **** where the SOTU speech is given from? Most of them are anti-climatic before they even start.  I didn't think you were new to this thing called politics.  At least Trump and Pelosi are keeping politics less boring these days. The Dems putting Nancy back as speaker of House was akin to voting Marion Barry back as Mayor after he got caught on video, then arrested for smoking crack. Some people never learn from their mistakes. 

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Who gives a flying **** where the SOTU speech is given from? Most of them are anti-climatic before they even start.  I didn't think you were new to this thing called politics.  At least Trump and Pelosi are keeping politics less boring these days. The Dems putting Nancy back as speaker of House was akin to voting Marion Barry back as Mayor after he got caught on video, then arrested for smoking crack. Some people never learn from their mistakes. 

095714e9414a6027797fd4dec0965e284c0df756

HolyMoses likes this

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Indeed. It's a completely pointless endeavor.

No what she should have done is called every GOP mayor a dumb***, a traitor to his or her country, and just called em ******. 

Then you could go around posting Republican tears memes and gifs in late 2019/2020 like you did through all of 2015/2016, with some really quality content that never actually changed independents minds but that is actually worth the read, and then follow that up by posting conspiracy theorist ******** Twitter follows after Dems lose again. 

Leon Troutsky and HolyMoses like this

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Clearly, you care because you commented on the post about it. And speaking of people caught on tape, Trump was caught on tape admitting to being a serial sexual assailant and he was elected president. Tie that in with his history of business failures and bankruptcies and I'd say we can agree that some people never learn from their mistakes.

mr. bean doctor GIF

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

No what she should have done is called every GOP mayor a dumb***, a traitor to his or her country, and just called em ******. 

Then you could go around posting Republican tears memes and gifs in late 2019 like you did through all of 2015, with some really quality content that never actually changed independents minds but that is actually worth the read, and then follow that up by posting conspiracy theorist ******** Twitter follows after Dems lose again. 

20 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

She could say nothing. Calls for the GOP to be better or for 'better elements' to take it back are just obnoxious at this point.

No point in calling for the better angels of a party that is actively dismantling democracy. They picked their path and are beyond redemption. Just say what you need to say and move on.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

No point in calling for the better angels of a party that is actively dismantling democracy. They picked their path and are beyond redemption. Just say what you need to say and move on.

You were dead *** wrong once because you find yourself too far to one side and you have no idea what it takes to reach independents. I mean..... Trump won and you should eat **** from more posters than you do because you made a complete *** of yourself last election and the following months. 

I'm done. 

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I am enjoying the tete a tete. But I have to disagree with you on one point. I happen to believe there are millions of Republicans who are appalled at what's going on. Shaming them about accepting it is absolutely worth the breath used to do it.

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It's amazing that they picked Trump to build a cult of personality around.

That is the hill they chose to die on. And they are going down in a blaze of shame.

Most Republicans are just like most Democrats, too stupid to know what's good for them. It's up to LEADERS to effect improving the common good.

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It is going to be interesting to see what the narrative is in 2020 after the Republicans get absolutely destroyed.

Remember in 2008 after Republicans got washed out people won't even mention Bush's name for a couple years. Republicans flat-out refuse to call themselves Republicans for a good two years because they were afraid of being associated with Bush.. All of a sudden every Republican became a tea party member and /a "libertarian"

Just now, Jpowers said:

You were dead *** wrong once because you find yourself too far to one side and you have no idea what it takes to reach independents. I mean..... Trump won and you should eat **** from more posters than you do because made a complete *** of yourself last election and the following months. 

I'm done. 

I was wrong in the sense that I thought they were better than they were, something I believed well after I called him winning their nomination in late 2015. Admittedly, I should have realized that years before as the Tea Party took over but I was slow on the uptake there. Now? I seriously don't see how you can look at them blatantly trying to rig elections and stripping power from any office they lose and come away thinking that there's still hope left for them.

You don't need to go to the conference and **** on them. You also don't need to pretend that better elements will take over. You're just fooling yourself.

1 minute ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

Most Republicans are just like most Democrats, too stupid to know what's good for them. It's up to LEADERS to effect improving the common good.

It's hard to identify the common good when both sides determine their policy based on what the other side does and then doing the opposite. That is the exact opposite of "common".

I was wrong in the sense that I thought they were better than they were, something I believed well after I called him winning their nomination in late 2015. Admittedly, I should have realized that years before as the Tea Party took over but I was slow on the uptake there. Now? I seriously don't see how you can look at them blatantly trying to rig elections and stripping power from any office they lose and come away thinking that there's still hope left for them.

You don't need to go to the conference and **** on them. You also don't need to pretend that better elements will take over. You're just fooling yourself.

Even if you believe all that to be true, and I'm really not that far behind you, she has to say things like that, the Dem candidate has to say things like that and it will never be in reference to the actual people in power. It's the people who reluctantly voted that way. 

The NC story.... How many average working Joe's do you think know about that? That story got no coverage. The Florida story though..... All day everyday. They know that one. 

Anything you can point to in the Republican party and where they are dirty..... No coverage. Gerrymandering? Average person doesn't even have any idea what that is. Not a freaking clue. 

It's not fair, it's not right, but it's the cards that were dealt and it's not changing in 18 months. You can change 80,000 minds in that time but it's not gonna be Pelosi being a hard *** against the GOP that does it. 

8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It is going to be interesting to see what the narrative is in 2020 after the Republicans get absolutely destroyed.

Remember in 2008 after Republicans got washed out people won't even mention Bush's name for a couple years. Republicans flat-out refuse to call themselves Republicans for a good two years because they were afraid of being associated with Bush.. All of a sudden every Republican became a tea party member and /a "libertarian"

They still called themselves Republicans. They just labeled Bush and his cronies as RINOs and washed their hands of it.

AF89 likes this

11 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Sometimes I wonder if historians will look back on Trump of all people heading the right wing populist wave of the late 2010s (that was going to happen without him regardless) as an amazing turn of fortune or historical quirk that (maybe) changed the timeline for the better like Hitler intervening at both Dunkirk and Normandy or the Persians failing to overrun ancient Greece etc.

Like they could have easily picked someone who believed all the same things Trump does that wasn't a buffonish clown

bdog 29 and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

Even if you believe all that to be true, and I'm really not that far behind you, she has to say things like that, the Dem candidate has to say things like that and it will never be in reference to the actual people in power. It's the people who reluctantly voted that way. 

The NC story.... How many average working Joe's do you think know about that? That story got no coverage. The Florida story though..... All day everyday. They know that one. 

Anything you can point to in the Republican party and where they are dirty..... No coverage. Gerrymandering? Average person doesn't even have any idea what that is. Not a freaking clue. 

It's not fair, it's not right, but it's the cards that were dealt and it's not changing in 18 months. You can change 80,000 minds in that time but it's not gonna be Pelosi being a hard *** against the GOP that does it. 

Again, I'm not saying she needs to be a hardass. I'm saying they need to stop pretending the GOP will become better. It doesn't sway them and it doesn't win anyone over. Stop pretending for their sakes and focus on your own ****.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

They still called themselves Republicans. They just labeled Bush and his cronies as RINOs and washed their hands of it.

People like silent bob maybe... but if you remember when the Tea Party first started to gain National Movement.... it was headed by pretty much all from  Republican leadership.... yet they wouldn't call themselves Republicans.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Again, I'm not saying she needs to be a hardass. I'm saying they need to stop pretending the GOP will become better. It doesn't sway them and it doesn't win anyone over. Stop pretending for their sakes and focus on your own ****.

Dude you got mad at her for saying y'all can do better. For the voters sake. 

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

fesu8bo5jray.gif

They said earlier they had go bags ready to go before the order even came down <_<

What fresh **** is this? 

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Sometimes I wonder if historians will look back on Trump of all people heading the right wing populist wave of the late 2010s (that was going to happen without him regardless) as an amazing turn of fortune or historical quirk that (maybe) changed the timeline for the better like Hitler intervening at both Dunkirk and Normandy or the Persians failing to overrun ancient Greece etc.

Like they could have easily picked someone who believed all the same things Trump does that wasn't a buffonish clown

That is the concept of representative government at work. A lot of people want to see someone like them achieve success. And what buffoonish clown would not want to see another attain the highest office in the land?