Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

129,753 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

My favorite SCOTUS story is when they were under the Redrup standard for obscenity (“I’ll know it when I see it”) and the geriatric judges would pile into a small room to personally watch or look at videos/magazines to determine if they were “obscene”.

One judge had his own personal standard for what was and was not obscene.  If the man was flaccid, no obscenity.  If he was erect, it was obscene.

The clerks called it the “limp d*** standard”. 

7 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Best quote from the article...

iuliani, who represents the president pro bono, pushed back on the notion that Trump is frustrated with him. “We’ve known each other for 30 years. And I haven’t heard him complain,” he told POLITICO. “And nobody in the White House would complain to me. They just do it behind my back.”

He also dismissed talk that he doesn’t grasp the facts. “I do have a mastery of the facts, which is why I can spin them honestly, argue them several different ways,” Giuliani said.

:lol::lol::lol:

mdrake34 likes this

Medicare for America is the best way forward for universal healthcare. It is what the people want and has massive support among all groups. It can be done cheaply, allows people to keep their current coverage, and minimal increase in taxes to pay for it. 

13 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Rachel Maddow had an interesting thought on that last night. She suggested that since FBI agents are frequently vetted for financial liability to see who is a danger to be leveraged by bad actors, one possible reason for the shutdown to last so long is to weaken the Bureau by putting as many agents in financial straits as possible. That creates a crisis in the present and the future, when potential top candidates might scoff at joining an agency that can be shut down when the president has a snit fit. It may be far fetched to suggest that this end is the reason for the shutdown, but it is definitely a result of it.

The GOP literally wants to destroy our government.

21 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Medicare for America is the best way forward for universal healthcare. It is what the people want and has massive support among all groups. It can be done cheaply, allows people to keep their current coverage, and minimal increase in taxes to pay for it. 

Seems to be dragged down by intense GOP opposition. Who gives a **** about what they think?

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Seems to be dragged down by intense GOP opposition. Who gives a **** about what they think?

9273-figure-6.png?w=800&h=450

Also gets dragged down when people hear about more taxes and elimination of private health insurance. Like what happened to Vermont and Colorado.

Medicare for America has all the benefits Americans want with none of the downsides that reduce support. It leaves private insurance and Medicare alone. It doesn't require most Americans to pay more in taxes. It is what people think of when they hear Medicare for All. 

9273-figure-7.png?w=800&h=450

It only makes sense to push for SP over M4Am with all these facts if your top priority is the elimination of private health insurance, but that is an unpopular opinion. 

9 hours ago, AF89 said:

B*tch she creates the far left taking points :lol:

Yes, her ideas are so original. I've been seeing how her ideas in Venezuela have been going down...oh, that wasn't her? :ninja:

2 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Medicare for all, It can be done cheaply,

This is where you stop and scratch your head and.picture politicians as unicorns galloping on a rainbow.

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Disgusting. Throw the book at them. 

Disgusting, horrible, vile doctors. We are supposed to trust them, not fear them.

10 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Ahh.... so after watching this.... I understand why she scares the **** out of both sides. 

Pokémon Snap? 

We Stan