Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

129,741 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

YRE67xB.png

The two other policies make up around 360 million in tax savings, but the provider tax would still be getting paid for by the tax as it is passed on. 

Yij0aXv.png

14% of a 4.3 billion dollar system is 602 million dollars. 

Reducing out of pocket spending was the driver of the rising costs. 

I think you misread something. They added out of state workers to the plans at the behest of business interests, which added $200+ million in costs.

17 hours ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

piss me the **** off these ******* foreigners violating our constitution

They can't violate our Constitution. The violators are the americans who let them wipe their ***** with the document.

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I think you misread something. They added out of state workers to the plans at the behest of business interests, which added $200+ million in costs.

200+ million still wouldn't have changed the math that much. You go from needing 2.6 billion to 2.4 billion for 2017. You still need a huge amount of money in taxes to cover the system. 14% reduction each year is saving you 600+ million each year. Triple the savings of the nonresident costs. 

It is also worth mentioning that the savings of Vermont's single payer plan were 1.5% in one report and 1.6% in the state report. It is hard to rally political will for such mediocre savings. 

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

FBI agents are set to lose dental and vision benefits if the shutdown doesn’t end by the weekend.  

Rachel Maddow had an interesting thought on that last night. She suggested that since FBI agents are frequently vetted for financial liability to see who is a danger to be leveraged by bad actors, one possible reason for the shutdown to last so long is to weaken the Bureau by putting as many agents in financial straits as possible. That creates a crisis in the present and the future, when potential top candidates might scoff at joining an agency that can be shut down when the president has a snit fit. It may be far fetched to suggest that this end is the reason for the shutdown, but it is definitely a result of it.

3 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

LOL. Somebody tell Who Dat Nation they can Suck Dese Nuts.

I almost feel bad for the Saints fans who actually realize how much worse this is making it and how much derision and entertainment Atlanta is going to get from it.

JayOzOne likes this

ap-rams-saints-football.jpg?w=1000&h=600

I wish football did tifos (MBS has the proper pulleys installed for United), I can just imagine the above lovingly illustrated on a massive canvas the next time the Saints were in town

HolyMoses likes this

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

200+ million still wouldn't have changed the math that much. You go from needing 2.6 billion to 2.4 billion for 2017. You still need a huge amount of money in taxes to cover the system. 14% reduction each year is saving you 600+ million each year. Triple the savings of the nonresident costs. 

It is also worth mentioning that the savings of Vermont's single payer plan were 1.5% in one report and 1.6% in the state report. It is hard to rally political will for such mediocre savings. 

That $200 million is what caused projections for it to go into the red.

This seems kind of weird. Sweetening the pot? 

"The White House and McConnell have also sought to sweeten the pot: Their plan includes priorities backed by Democrats including extension of the Violence Against Women Act and more than $12 billion in disaster relief funding."

Just now, Jpowers said:

"The White House and McConnell have also sought to sweeten the pot: Their plan includes priorities backed by Democrats including extension of the Violence Against Women Act and more than $12 billion in disaster relief funding."

Oh, how nice of them to extend VAWA after they let it expire for no reason.

mdrake34 and AF89 like this

43 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I like how they're finally admitting they need incentives to not be ****heads about things like domestic violence and disaster relief

"I mean I'm all for protecting women but whats in it for me?"

HolyMoses and Leon Troutsky like this