Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,821 posts in this topic

And not for nothing but I guess cause their name, the side shows always offer great odds to make easy money on. The amount of money I made so we can all learn McGregor can't beat a championship boxer in boxing was obscene.  Even CM Punk's opponent had pretty profitable odds

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I guess I'm weird. When I watch fights, I want to see good fighters.

Most people (and I can't say I'm all that different tho I'm really drawn to the thrill of wagering) probably just want the rush of watching a good *** beating and resulting carnage

gladiator_copy_7585.jpg

A lot of times I try to watch with my dad and he just gets bored when you have two really good technical grapplers

4 minutes ago, AF89 said:

And not for nothing but I guess cause their name, the side shows always offer great odds to make easy money on. The amount of money I made so we can all learn McGregor can't beat a championship boxer in boxing was obscene.  Even CM Punk's opponent had pretty profitable odds

Odds are often based on bets and betting is much like voting. An idiot's bet counts the same as a sharp's.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

6 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Most people (and I can't say I'm all that different tho I'm really drawn to the thrill of wagering) probably just want the rush of watching a good *** beating and resulting carnage

gladiator_copy_7585.jpg

A lot of times I try to watch with my dad and he just gets bored when you have two really good technical grapplers

That's most people really. I fully realize that the technical stuff can be very boring to most. So I excuse it when I hear, "Stand them up, that rolling around stuff is totally gay, Bro"

But as a guy that spent 4 hours this morning working one particular move from half guard, I'm a nerd for the technical stuff.

AF89 likes this

25 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

That's most people really. I fully realize that the technical stuff can be very boring to most. So I excuse it when I hear, "Stand them up, that rolling around stuff is totally gay, Bro"

But as a guy that spent 4 hours this morning working one particular move from half guard, I'm a nerd for the technical stuff.

so did you see Ryan Hall's last fight? I missed it and still havent' seen a replay

Just now, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

so did you see Ryan Hall's last fight? I missed it and still havent' seen a replay

Yep. Imanari roll into a tight heel hook. It took less than a minute.

I'm a BJ Penn fan from way back, but the game has clearly passed him by. He hasn't won a fight since 2010.

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Odds are often based on bets and betting is much like voting. An idiot's bet counts the same as a sharp's.

Yeah but Hardy being the biggest favorite of the night stretches the limits of good logic.

I need to research the other guy, they must have pulled him the wrestling circuit they do in the parking lot of the Statesboro Ryans 

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

6 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Nevertheless this day will love on in the Jpowers household. This was the day at least one, possibly two, members of a twenty active members forum came across me actually forming words together that were worth quoting/paraphrasing. This is my moment. They will speak on this day at my funeral. 

Big_Dog and jidady like this

I feel like in normal times this would have been major news but I only saw one (maybe two) mentions of it here on the boards and CNN didn’t cover it all (that I saw).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/shouting-near-fisticuffs-emotions-high-todays-washington-could-get-worse/2019/01/19/d0a66e62-1b57-11e9-88fe-f9f77a3bcb6c_story.html?utm_term=.e264ecb2a2af

Hoyer’s comments came Thursday as he tried to restore calm to a rambunctious House after a fairly innocuous set of votes turned the chamber into a tinderbox of raw emotions. Republicans accused Democrats of trying to steal a vote, Democrats accused Republicans of not paying attention to the floor proceedings and, finally, a GOP lawmaker shouted “go back to Puerto Rico!”

Tensions flared, and lawmakers walked toward one another in the well of the House.

The chance of physical confrontation seemed to grow by the second, a cross between a Spike Lee movie where one remark turns an entire neighborhood into flames and a moment inside the regular brawls that occur in Taiwan’s parliament.

Cooler heads prevailed, mostly because of Hoyer and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) and their agreement to a do-over vote Wednesday. Scalise joked that maybe he could whip enough votes for the minority to actually win.

8 hours ago, Jpowers said:

They never talk about Trump meeting the President of the Virgin Islands though. It's as if there is a double standard. 

That's still some of the funniest **** I have ever seen a POTUS say and it bothers me to this day. He literally said he met with himself without knowing it. It's worth the trolling coverage. 

You need walls like they have in San Antonio to prevent terrorist attacks like they had in Sweden.  

Leon Troutsky likes this

12 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

****. I'd only have $3 million to go along with not having to worry about healthcare for myself or my loved ones, college covered for my children, a more livable planet, and so on. What a horrible world that'd be for me.

You cannot tax your way out of it...CURTAIL SPENDING SPENDING SPENDING...ask your gov to take away the credit card away from Congress who treat it like a teenage girl with a credit card at the mall. 

13 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I don’t and I don’t. 

Do you? 

And you can’t cut your way to a balanced budget. 

Yes, for a host of reasons. 

18 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, for a host of reasons. 

So since you make 10 mill a year, None of this decision is relatable to you.

But you know what, Let's just simply have a flat tax of 20% where everyone pays the same percent on every dollar, no loop holes or breaks and call it a day. 

26 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You cannot tax your way out of it...CURTAIL SPENDING SPENDING SPENDING...ask your gov to take away the credit card away from Congress who treat it like a teenage girl with a credit card at the mall. 

Oh neat.  The dumbest person on this board is playing internet economist. 

HolyMoses likes this

19 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Well this just seems like a way to piss everyone off. He's possibly offering amnesty while also laying out a threat. 

Like I said, roaming deportation squads will follow the wall if it ever gets built, and he may start them if he never gets the wall. 

Goreadup gonna be working overtime. 

HolyMoses likes this

Ultimately, we have to make DACA and all other undocumented people citizens (minus felons of course) a pathway to amnesty once our border is sealed. For reasons at the expense of the government to allow this to happen over a 40+ year period.

It is the right thing to do and will eventually fix the humanitarian/security troubles at our southern border. 

Infrastructure here we come.