Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

135,143 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

Those are the kind of things you can get away with when you know the other party is not a factor in your state.

37 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

These ******* are stealing my lines. 

FWIW, I loved what you said so much that I quoted it on a different forum.

Leon Troutsky likes this

10 minutes ago, jidady said:

FWIW, I loved what you said so much that I quoted it on a different forum.

Holy **** I think I actually saw it. :lol:

UDWs8k7.png

26 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Holy **** I think I actually saw it. :lol:

UDWs8k7.png

Hah! No, I'm not in the habit of using the term "pig" when I make public posts. I have to be a bit more professional than that.

Jpowers likes this

19 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

They are so bad at this.

A quote from the thread.

"The difference with the Right’s fake news is that it always seems to be intentional."

Image result for hit the nail on the head gif

I feel like saying San Antonio was a good example of a wall was so goofy that it had to be intentional. Call me paranoid, but I've seen him do it, he says something obviously stupid as **** just to make sure the left really leans into what a dumb*** he is. He doesn't have to be a genius to make the media make the left look like condescending idiots. He just has to give 'em content every 48 hours or so, more or less depending on the crisis at hand.

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Those are the kind of things you can get away with when you know the other party is not a factor in your state.

This and work requirements are why Dems need to pass Medicare for Ameria. Absorb Medicaid, the uninsured, individual market customers, and Medicare into one federal program called Medicare. States can pay maintenance of effort payments and the federal government will cover the rest.

5 minutes ago, Serge said:

I feel like saying San Antonio was a good example of a wall was so goofy that it had to be intentional. Call me paranoid, but I've seen him do it, he says something obviously stupid as **** just to make sure the left really leans into what a dumb*** he is. He doesn't have to be a genius to make the media make the left look like condescending idiots. He just has to give 'em content every 48 hours or so, more or less depending on the crisis at hand.

I feel like you are definitely being paranoid because Trump says dumb **** that is easily and completely provable to be dumb **** all the time and he never gets called out on it.  Not really called out on it at least. 

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

6 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I feel like you are definitely being paranoid because Trump says dumb **** that is easily and completely provable to be dumb **** all the time and he never gets called out on it.  Not really called out on it at least. 

That is the primary benefit of disinformation, yes.

6 minutes ago, Serge said:

That is the primary benefit of disinformation, yes.

But if the left never really leans into it? 

The San Antonio comment isn't going to be what people "lean into". Of all the things he did today that's not even going to be in the top five. 

Trump could just be that stupid. That is a very easily believable possibility here. There's no thought behind it and he has said thousands upon thousands of dumb things that don't get called out. You're overthinking it.

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

But if the left never really leans into it? 

The San Antonio comment isn't going to be what people "lean into". Of all the things he did today that's not even going to be in the top five. 

Trump could just be that stupid. That is a very easily believable possibility here. There's no thought behind it and he has said thousands upon thousands of dumb things that don't get called out. You're overthinking it.

Why wouldn't he just bet on the media drowning the left in sanctimony? That's how he got elected. That's why he loves the shutdown and obviously wanted it, he wants to not even let the new House in until they make a concession on the wall, so he can claim in the coming investigations that they always had it in for him. Doesn't take a genius, just takes knowing how to work the media.

And you say, don't overthink it, because of an off-handed stupid thing he said that became a big joke for a few hours, just like the thousand other times he did the same thing. But he wants to be in the news literally 24/7. And he wants people to think he's literally too stupid to understand the potential benefits of successfully manipulating the media,  so they never attribute that as a motive to any individual thing he says, even though it's clearly the motive of many things he says in general.