Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

116,802 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Sixers have a bad mix of personalities. Butler doesn't fit with Simmons at all. But the reason the Hawks won is because they put it in the basket. That's why I think they just need to simmer for a season or so; the talent is there.

I can already tell this team is going to be good. But right now I think their celing is a Utah Jazz or 2014 Hawks.....maybe Raptors. They need a Zion or something to be one of those elite teams.

6 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I cam already tell this team is going to be good. But right now I think their celing is a Utah Jazz or 2014 Hawks. They need a Zion or something to be one of those elite teams.

Two years ago, things fell right and about 8 of the top 10 were perfect fits. The key to the draft every year is not to get a great talent but to get a great fit. Tatum was not anybody's top choice but he was perfect for Boston. They would have had a tough choice to make had the Sixers not made the trade for Fultz because Tatum was never in discussion for #1. It kills me that NBA teams typically go BPA. Even if the Hawks don't get Zion, there will be somebody available who is really good. They just need to avoid temptation to draft who the fans expect instead of who their metrics and evaluation demands they pick.

Bucks fans were not happy when Giannis was selected, for example. But they're happy now.

AF89 and HolyMoses like this

35 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

kn.gif

You and BO should just  go ahead and put your MAGA hats on for ****s sake.  

No one is perfect and no one is 100% idealogically  alligned with anyone.   It’s  an easy game you play. And I know you’re not dumb enough to be sincere in how you play it. Or maybe you are.   I don’t get it. 

Your consistency will yield more obscene results.  

Edit: of course, maybe I should have read the original post first, rather than just your reaction.  That’s some weird stuff. Never mind...maybe 

5 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

You and BO should just  go ahead and put your MAGA hats on for ****s sake.  

Your consistency is obscene. 

kn.gif

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

If you like Westerns, check out the series "Godless" on Netflix or "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs", which I'm dying to discuss with somebody.

The Netflix version petered out after about five episodes. The '90s version's special effects are so dated, I can't watch it anymore.

I'm probably not the one to discuss The Ballad of Buster Scruggs with because I was a few bourbons in and didn't take many details in. That being said I really enjoyed it and kept thinking about how cool the concept was. It's in my re-watch list. 

Just now, Jpowers said:

I'm probably not the one to discuss The Balled of Buster Scruggs with because I was a few bourbons in and didn't take many details in. That being said I really enjoyed it and kept thinking about how cool the concept was. It's in my re-watch list. 

Some were definitely better than others. The last was my favorite.

8 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I'm probably not the one to discuss The Balled of Buster Scruggs with because I was a few bourbons in and didn't take many details in. That being said I really enjoyed it and kept thinking about how cool the concept was. It's in my re-watch list. 

Speaking of Westerns, both of my boys are now playing “Red Dead Redemption II, which looks really cool, but they are wasting a ****load of time on it.  

Sanctions start tomorrow. 

Gonna have to work harder than that CIA. I mean not that much harder because all it would take is logging on here. But I'm not gonna voluntarily follow you ********. 

Also.... love you NSA, CIA, FBI and other alphabet agencies. Keep up the good work. 

lostone likes this

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

It is Natalie Portman..... is worth at least watching with the sound off

I wanted to see it but it went off Netflix for a while IIRC, is it back on ...

2 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

It's always on Kodi.

Did not like it. At all. Visually, it was fantastic. But the story was just okay and didn't hit home with me.

Agreed. Not that good at all.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs was funny, sad, and strange. I really enjoyed it.

@AF89 you need to watch it. It's a movie of short stories.

JayOzOne likes this

21 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

get a fire tv stick and add apks that search for movies.

**** the NFL for putting the Saints game last this weekend and me having no idea whether I can root for underdogs or favorites

Did not like it. At all. Visually, it was fantastic. But the story was just okay and didn't hit home with me.

Yeah, the script is proudly impenetrable. It's one of those films that builds a mystery for a long time but doesn't have any sort of satisfactory payoff. 

JayOzOne and Vogelgryff like this

Haven't seen it yet. I'm only so-so on Black Mirror. It leave me depressed more often than not.

Watch San Junipero.