Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

117,049 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

A UFC ref would have jumped on top of Butler and called TKO on that one :lol: 

It was about to get ugly. McConnell literally dragged Butler away.

Butler just got him back, though.

Whoops. Butler got Lin, not Len.

HolyMoses likes this

About this new report that the FBI opened an investigation into whether Trump was working on behalf of Russia (knowingly or not), seems to me this is why Rosenstein appointed Mueller following Trump firing Comey.

I imagine a situation where agents investigating the Trump campaign went to Rosenstein with Trump’s comments after Comey’s firing and wanted to investigate him for possibly acting on Russia’s behalf, which would make him a national security threat.  Rosenstein realized they were in a very big **** storm...does he approve that investigation (which creates all kinds of new problems) or not (even bigger problems).  

Appointing a special counsel seems like the best way to handle the entire **** show.  

JayOzOne and HolyMoses like this

What about the Black Mirror movie? Netflix has a way of people waaay over hyping stuff. 

It's interactive so you can have fun ruining someone's life.

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

It was about to get ugly. McConnell literally dragged Butler away.

Butler just got him back, though.

Whoops. Butler got Lin, not Len.

My gut tells me this road trip may be  big for our quest to move down the standings. Especially with home games coming up. Need to polish off this L tonight and go in on a high (down) note

Just now, AF89 said:

My gut tells me this road trip may be  big for our quest to move 

I'm a Sixers fan. If we take an L tonight after losing to the Quizards on Wednesday, expect major personnel activity in the next month for Philly. Our depth is so shallow, that we lose when Embiid or Redick sits out.

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm a Sixers fan. If we take an L tonight after losing to the Quizards on Wednesday, expect major personnel activity in the next month for Philly. Our depth is so shallow, that we lose when Embiid or Redick sits out.

Hawks should never bear a team with Jimmy Butler and this much talent even with out JE

Hawks have been in frustratingly decent form the past few weeks but usually against stronger competition they fade in the second half.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

Hawks should never bear a team with Jimmy Butler and this much talent even with out JE

I'm pretty sure the team owners will be saying that to Brett Brown before he gets on the plane to go home.

17 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Anybody see that Natalie Portman Annihilation movie? Just wondering if I should waste my time. I've seen in both on a list of worst movies of 2018 and underrated of 2018.

It is Natalie Portman..... is worth at least watching with the sound off

Just now, AF89 said:

Hawks have been in frustratingly decent form the past few weeks but usually against stronger competition they fade in the second half.

Hawks need another phat draft and some simmering and they'll be fine. These things are cyclical and the best way to put a winning team on the court is to tear it down and build it up with quality assets. Keep in mind, most won't pan out as anything better than decent. But the more high assets you have, the more likely it is that you'll luck into generational talent. But I can already see potential in the players you already have.

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Hawks need another phat draft and some simmering and they'll be fine. These things are cyclical and the best way to put a winning team on the court is to tear it down and build it up with quality assets. Keep in mind, most won't pan out as anything better than decent. But the more high assets you have, the more likely it is that you'll luck into generational talent. But I can already see potential in the players you already have.

If they had singed Luka I'd be ready to at least try to start winning. His talent will bring in the free agents you need down the road. (And truthfully Hawks have some pretty good side pieces already as it turns out). But as much as I love Tre,  he probably isn't that guy. It's why I really want Zion (or at least another top 3 rookie star) to pair with Tre and also maybe we can do something with the Mavs pick.

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

If they had singed Luka I'd be ready to at least try to start winning. His talent will bring in the free agents you need down the road. (And truthfully Hawks have some pretty good side pieces already as it turns out). But as much as I love Tre,  he probably isn't that guy. It's why I really want Zion (or at least another top 3 rookie star) to pair with Tre and also maybe we can do something with the Mavs pick.

Keep your eye on Huerter. And don't judge the Doncic/Young deal until you see who they get with Dallas' pick. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

Ron Weasley can ball

I think he's proof that the Hawks' evaluators know what they're doing. Deciding to stay put at 19 for him was a big boy move.

Jimmy Butler choked to Ron Weasley <_<:lol:

Sixers have a bad mix of personalities. Butler doesn't fit with Simmons at all. But the reason the Hawks won is because they put it in the basket. That's why I think they just need to simmer for a season or so; the talent is there.

59 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Hawks giving the 76ers all they can handle in Philly

No Embid tho

Oops,  they did it again. 

I swear, on the last game of the season, they’re going to bring Matt freaking Bosher off the bench to drill a three pointer to keep them out of the lottery.