Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

116,314 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Gaear Grimsrud said:

It is a little embarrassing how often I quote that guy around the house. My wife doesn’t find it amusing.

John Lithgow does seem a good choice for the remake.

There should be a Harry and the Hendersons reboot.

Here’s a complete list of movies I’ve seen twice in the theater:

1. Karate Kid 2
  2. Harry and the Hendersons
  3. South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
  4. Mission Impossible: Fallout

3 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

1. Karate Kid 2

In reverse chronological order

1. Guardians of the Galaxy

2. Avatar

3. Phantom Menace when I was 10 :sadwave:

6 minutes ago, AF89 said:

In reverse chronological order

1. Guardians of the Galaxy

2. Avatar

3. Phantom Menace when I was 10 :sadwave:

Some I saw twice more out of personal circumstances than desire and there’re other movies I would’ve seen more than once but wasn’t able to.

The second time I saw South Park I was literally the only person in the theater and the reel caught on fire and melted like the gag from Gremlins 2 and I used my rain check on another movie so technically I only saw it 1.5 times in a theater.

Gaear Grimsrud, AF89 and mdrake34 like this

11 minutes ago, AF89 said:

My expectations for HBO Watchmen couldn't be higher

I'm one of the few weird people who loves the Watchmen movie, but I've also never read the graphic novel.

GEORGIAfan likes this

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I'm one of the few weird people who loves the Watchmen movie, but I've also never read the graphic novel.

Its slavish devotion to the graphic novel (outside of one obviously huge difference) is one of my problems with it, and 300.  They're different mediums with entirely different modes of storytelling, and things that work in one often don't work in the other.

Edited by Gaear Grimsrud

In other news during a time of the greatest play calling innovation the game has seen in a generation or two I am super psyched to go into 2019 with both of my football teams having made thoroughly uninspired hires at offensive coordinator.

13 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

1. Karate Kid 2

I know I saw Rogue One, Infinity War, and Dark Knight twice in the theater, but those are the only recent ones I can think of.  Can't remember older ones, though I know there are a few.

GEORGIAfan likes this

1 minute ago, Billy Ocean said:

In other news during a time of the greatest play calling innovation in a generation or two I am super psyched to go into 2019 with both of my football teams making thoroughly uninspired hires at offensive coordinator.

My team just hired this ******* thing as its "OC," although Gus is calling plays again and this thing, that's younger than me, is a glorified QB's coach. <_<

2 hours ago, Gaear Grimsrud said:

Yeah, he's the shared dirty needle of anyone who actually tries to engage with him.

Just to be clear, no one on here "dunks" on WFW by asking him questions, or providing reasonable counterpoints to his posts, or explaining why he's wrong, or demonstrating his inconsistent positions, etc.  It does not matter that the person is clearly right, while he is wrong, or that it exposes his bad faith, or his hyper-partisan cheerleading, or his inability to acknowledge facts.

The only way to dunk on him is either ignoring him or laughing at him or maybe making a smug remark to others in reference to him.  Engaging him just turns the dunker into the dunkee.

Darn it, you have figured me out!! B)

8 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I saw Watchmen in theaters and didn't love it. Didn't hate it but didn't love it. I think I just didnt know what i was expecting.

Probably watched it again 25ish times here and there since and I almost always catch a new detail and it's become one of my favorite stop and watch movies.

It's on my list of movies I liked more on subsequent viewings along with Team America and Kingdom of Heaven

Cannot wait until President Harris declares a national emergency on Climate Change and Uses only CBP and ICE's funds to fund GND. 

8 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

"I gained the freshman 15."

"I gained the freshman racist."

So... Now you’re ok with Malik dating your daughter you say? B)

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Cannot wait until President Harris declares a national emergency on Climate Change and Uses only CBP and ICE's funds to fund GND. 

One day somebody is going to cash in on a border patrol serial killer/stalker movie (starring Gina Rodriguez or something) and it won't be nearly as controversial as they expected

My biggest mistake was underestimating how much Bortles would suck.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:05 PM, Billy Ocean said:

I meant to get my predictions in before last night's game, but I didn't have time. I kept it the same even after I found out that Le'Veon Bell isn't reporting and Sark still sucks.

NFC 
Division winners: Philadelphia, New Orleans, Green Bay, Los Angeles Rams
Wild-card teams: Minnesota, Atlanta
NFC title game: Los Angeles Rams over New Orleans

AFC 
Division winners: New England, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles Chargers
Wild-card teams: Houston, Cincinnati
AFC title game: Los Angeles Chargers over Jacksonville

Super Bowl: Rams over Chargers

32 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

1. Karate Kid 2

When Toy Story first came out, I took a girl I just met to watch it. I enjoyed it so much that I took her home after the movie, went home to get my bud, and went back to watch it again high.

59 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Having read the book, I'm of the opinion that Watchmen the movie has a better ending. When I say this, comic book nerds get so dialed up that they have to grab their inhalers.

♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ likes this

47 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I saw Watchmen in theaters and didn't love it. Didn't hate it but didn't love it. I think I just didnt know what i was expecting.

Probably watched it again 25ish times here and there since and I almost always catch a new detail and it's become one of my favorite stop and watch movies.

It's on my list of movies I liked more on subsequent viewings along with Team America and Kingdom of Heaven

As an fyi, there's an extended edition available on digital.