Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

122,612 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

She's a war hawk.  Next please.

Not convinced on this.  At the very least she’s pragmatic and budget conscious.  In SC, she wasn’t afraid to fight her own party or reach across the isle.  

Just now, kicker said:

Not convinced on this.  At the very least she’s pragmatic and budget conscious.  In SC, she wasn’t afraid to fight her own party or reach across the isle.  

Did you watch anything thing she ever said while she was in the UN?

10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Did you watch anything thing she ever said while she was in the UN?

Of course.  She battled with the UNs anti Israel bias and complete hypocrisy on their human rights council.  I don’t think being supportive of Israeli soveirgnty is the same thing as wanting to continue a war in Syria or occupy Iraq.  

3 minutes ago, kicker said:

Of course.  She battled with the UNs anti Israel bias and complete hypocrisy on their human rights council.  I don’t think being supportive of Israeli soveirgnty is the same thing as wanting to continue a war in Syria or occupy Iraq.  

Same bias that South Africa had before 1994.

Several news outlets are reporting that Mueller interviewed Trump’s pollster during Manafort’s time as campaign manager, and the pollster has other ties to Manafort.

Interesting now that we know Manafort was passing along polling data to a Russian oligarch with ties to Russian intelligence.

I'm starting to have double thoughts about the wall, ya'll. Like second thoughts... maybe the wall would be a wonderful monument to Mr Trump's presidency, regardless of its efficaciousness

I feel bad for the government workers that Trump is holding hostage. I feel a little tiny bit guilty about it, being that it takes Two to Tango, but you don't Tango with Terrorists, Bottom Line, Bottom Dollar Hollar @WhenFalconsWin

Funny story, when I was young and just starting to use Aol Instant Messanger, I was chatting with a fellow classmate and they said to me, upon finishing the conversation, "Holla." And I just sat there confounded, why would one use a Spanish greeting at the end of a chat? What does this means, and why cannot she spell "Hola" correctly? Is it because she takes German (because she did) ?

Big_Dog likes this

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

This has nothing to do with trying to save them in midterm fights. CPC fought for equal representation for members. CPC and New Dems are roughly equal in size with some overlap in membership. There are also only 24 Blue Dog members with an even larger overlap of their members with New Dems. 

When you account for that, seniority and the history of them being stacked on those committees, you are going to end up with that number of seats for New Dems. Financial Services Committee will probably be stacked with CPCs. 

♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ likes this

40 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Several news outlets are reporting that Mueller interviewed Trump’s pollster during Manafort’s time as campaign manager, and the pollster has other ties to Manafort.

Interesting now that we know Manafort was passing along polling data to a Russian oligarch with ties to Russian intelligence.

And there's NO way the Don was not in on all the happenings. Tick tock.

2 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

How would you guys feel about Nikki Haley challenging Trump in a republican primary?

Dude, Sean Patton or Satan could challenge him and I would be for either one of them over him! :lol:

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Michael Cohen is going to testify publicly to a House committee.  Not sure what date yet.

He’ll testify on February 7th.

HolyMoses likes this

Well, I don’t think they’re afraid so much for the Democratic Party as they’re afraid for themselves. This is obviously a changing of the guard. When I watch Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez operate with such aplomb and skill and obvious erudition, she reminds me of when people like you and me stood around at a cocktail party or a dinner party and inevitably the conversation turned to, Why are the Democrats where they are? Why don’t they take the fights to the enemy? Why don’t they pivot off troll-y comments from the Republicans, instead of playing the game on their terms? Why aren’t they offering clear, bold, long-term, super-jumbo policy solutions that people can remember instead of triangulating everything the Republicans suggest?

And, suddenly, someone emerges who seems to be listening to all this, who is probably part of those conversations. And, suddenly, she has the power to actually act in a way that the Party hasn’t—a party that, almost forty years later, is still traumatized by the success of Ronald Reagan. It’s a profoundly generational phenomenon, and, clearly, it’s scary.

Well, there’s a real back-to-the-future thing going on here, right? In a lot of ways, the Democratic Party is a complicated, complex coalition, and always has been, with lots of elements, both reactionary and progressive, in it. But, in a lot of ways, she’s returning the Democratic Party to the roots—this idea that the Democratic Party is always going to be fighting for you.

giphy.gif

Gaear Grimsrud likes this

3 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

My birthday. Happy Birthday to me!

There’s going to be a public hearing where he probably talks about the payments to Stormy and another private hearing where he talks about the Russian investigation stuff.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

There’s going to be a public hearing where he probably talks about the payments to Stormy and another private hearing where he talks about the Russian investigation stuff.

Yeah, he seems to be excited to throw Drumpf under the bus. I wouldn't be surprised if he just unloads.

Plus, watching Drumpf implode on Twitter afterwards will be worth it...

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Lucky F’er! Lol

Not really, about the least lucky person ever. My B Day is generally around the SB. Last time it fell on SB sunday, the Taints won...