Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,043 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, lostone said:

Died years ago.  The things that matter are not covered.  People will assume is not against them until it is used on them.  Civil forfeiture is a b!&$@

I read your first sentence and was going to reply to complain about civil asset forfeiture but by the time I finished, you had beat me to it. Entire police departments are funded by speed traps and civil asset forfeitures.

lostone likes this

33 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Meh. I'd rather have control of the Senate. Even with McCaskill, Donnelly, and Heitkamp. 

They (and Nelson) are pretty good case studies that the mantra of, "Run conservatives in red and purple states," doesn't hold up anymore. There isn't an appetite for Republican lite in states already sympathetic for the real deal. Try, I dunno, offering something that is clearly different. Brown didn't have their problems and though he's fairly meh on important policy positions he at least doesn't try to skew right to win elections for some idiotic reason.

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

The NY Times bone spurs story doesn’t seem very credible and also reeks of HIPAA violations by the deceased podiatrist. 

I realized after Adam Schefter posted Jason Pierre-Paul's medical records on Twitter and got off scot-free that HIPAA means nothing outside of the medical field. And even then, is HIPAA retroactive? It only got signed in the 90s. Either way the doctor's dead so there's nothing that can be done to prove what he said is true or hold him accountable.