Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

You're barking up the wrong tree if you think I'm going to defend Obama lol

Trump took his **** policies and amplified them.

NO.  Trump changed the policy. 

The policy had been to detain unaccompanied minors in, yes, cages.  This was done as a deterrent.  I don't think it was a good idea, but at least there is some logic to deterring parents from sending their kids into something this dangerous on their own.

Obama never separated families.  Trump separated families without a plan for getting them back together.  And he put those kids in cages too.

Just now, gazoo said:

So you are saying I’m wrong about Obama being biotch slapped by a judge for caging illegals in filthy conditions?

yes, or no? 

Lets see who is the uninformed one spanky

You do realize there are multiple videos of Trump officials claiming this policy as there own, right?  It became official policy with the Trump admin...they told multiple news outlets that they were going to implement the policy before they did actually implement it.   Your dumb strawman has no legs.

Just now, gazoo said:

Please explain to me what law you are suggesting is being broken right now. That’s the accusation, yet I see no law being broken at this point.

It's part of United States transportation code. It's also part of various international refugee ordinances, which we pushed for, to keep them open.

Please, I beg you, do the bare minimum research in anything you talk about before dribbling **** out of your mouth.

6 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

Sure...they can judge an INT as being the WR's fault if they see it bounce off the WRs hands and get picked by a DB, which happened a lot last year, but how do they know if a QB made a terrible throw or if a WR ran the wrong route?    Do they just guess? 

So Tyron Smith, Zac Martin and La'El Collins just became bad all of a sudden?       The same edge blockers that were the best a few years ago are now terrible?    I don't buy it. 

What I'm saying is that they're looking at factors beyond the litmus test you mention, the binary choice of "who is at fault?" They're judging the accuracy of a pass to a spot, the quality of the decision-making, and whether the pass was one that a normal receiver in a normal situation would make. With the all-22, it's not that hard to decide who ran the wrong route anyway. Clutter tells the story there in a lot of instances.

As for the Cowboys' line, it's the equivalent of what the Falcons have seen with Trufant and the other corners, all of whom have graded well in the past. Smith is currently the #18 tackle, while Collins has been miserable. They've got him at #56 with a grade that's only a fraction above poor. Zach Martin has been exceptional as usual, currently the #5 guard, but it only takes one mistake by someone on the line to blow up a play completely. And that brings me to the other two starters, Joe Looney and Connor Williams, who are below average bordering on poor and flat-out poor on PFF's grading charts. 

In other words, their vaunted line has been terrible this year.

Just now, HolyMoses said:

NO.  Trump changed the policy. 

The policy had been to detain unaccompanied minors in, yes, cages.  This was done as a deterrent.  I don't think it was a good idea, but at least there is some logic to deterring parents from sending their kids into something this dangerous on their own.

Obama never separated families.  Trump separated families without a plan for getting them back together.  And he put those kids in cages too.

IIRC, when this happened under Obama, weren't the minors unaccompanied?  No justification for cages, but I "thought" it was for something they didn't expect.

HolyMoses likes this

3 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

IIRC, when this happened under Obama, weren't the minors unaccompanied?  No justification for cages, but I "thought" it was for something they didn't expect.

Obama admitted to a journalist that he enacted the policy as a deterrent to parents sending unaccompanied minors.  Unaccompanied minors is a very real problem that presents different challenges than children showing up with their parents, in addition to the moral problems with parents sending their children on very dangerous journeys where they are subject to harsh conditions and predators (but I've also never walked a mile in their shoes to be in a situation so desperate I felt that sending my child out on his/her own was actually better for them), but it was a terrible decision on Obama's part.  Being president requires one to make all sorts of awful decisions, but we shouldn't excuse that.

Trump, after encouragement from primarily Stephen Miller but also John Kelly, then enacted the family separation policy.

The Branch and HolyMoses like this

6 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

rarity(Obama) vs standard policy(Trump), yes.

The Obama admin separated kids who they thought might be in actual danger being with the adults they were with. It was a safety precaution.    The Trump admin separated all kids as a means to punish the parents. It was meant to be a deterrent...a message to other families looking to come here.   This is per their own words. 

Some people who speed in their cars go to jail...a rarity.  What the Trump admin did was something along the line of sending everybody who speeds to jail. 

14 minutes ago, gazoo said:

So you are saying I’m wrong about Obama being biotch slapped by a judge for caging illegals in filthy conditions?

yes, or no? 

Lets see who is the uninformed one spanky

8 minutes ago, jidady said:

The answer to this is always yes. Always.

If it walks like a duck, it talks like a duck

I'm not going to lie, I'm thinking about ******* off at work and drinking during this election day. One way or another, I'll probably want a beer in my hand...

38 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Congratulations for using "their" correctly for the first time this morning.

You're posting an awful lot considering you're supposed to be driving the elderly to polling locations.  I hope you're only using your phone while parked at a complete stop.

Or maybe you're just sitting at home, posting away.

Of course safety first. Red lights, polling station time, it's not that difficult.

My shift is almost over, soon to be posting full time.

Nothing is more fun to watch the Dems be so apprehensive/anxious about the results.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Of course safety first. Red lights, polling station time, it's not that difficult.

Nothing is more fun to watch the Dems be so apprehensive/anxious about the results.

No one's anxious about the results. We're worried about the health and well being of all you turds...

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

It is fun watching the lefties being anxious. It's always good for some comedy.

But it's down right terrifying when the right gets anxious. That's when pipe bombs get mailed and synagogues get shot up.

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

No one's anxious about the results. We're worried about the health and well being of all you turds...

My precinct is almost fully blue, my wife voted early this morning, I just voted, no lines at all. That doesn't bode well for the Dems, who promised large turnouts. I'm not seeing it, I expect the Dems to "creatively" pull out a victory though.

4 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It is fun watching the lefties being anxious. It's always good for some comedy.

But it's down right terrifying when the right gets anxious. That's when pipe bombs get mailed and synagogues get shot up.

Please, you said this when bullets were fired at the GOP ball field and ricin went to the Trump's and Cruz?

19 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

rarity(Obama) vs standard policy(Trump), yes.

The Obama admin separated kids who they thought might be in actual danger being with the adults they were with. It was a safety precaution.    The Trump admin separated all kids as a means to punish the parents. It was meant to be a deterrent...a message to other families looking to come here.   This is per their own words. 

Some people who speed in their cars go to jail...a rarity.  What the Trump admin did was something along the line of sending everybody who speeds to jail. 

22 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Obama admitted to a journalist that he enacted the policy as a deterrent to parents sending unaccompanied minors.  Unaccompanied minors is a very real problem that presents different challenges than children showing up with their parents, in addition to the moral problems with parents sending their children on very dangerous journeys where they are subject to harsh conditions and predators (but I've also never walked a mile in their shoes to be in a situation so desperate I felt that sending my child out on his/her own was actually better for them), but it was a terrible decision on Obama's part.  Being president requires one to make all sorts of awful decisions, but we shouldn't excuse that.

Trump, after encouragement from primarily Stephen Miller but also John Kelly, then enacted the family separation policy.

Thanks fellas!

thesouphead and mdrake34 like this

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

My precinct is almost fully blue, my wife voted early this morning, I just voted, no lines at all. That doesn't bode well for the Dems, who promised large turnouts. I'm not seeing it, I expect the Dems to "creatively" pull out a victory though.

Come over to Maryland, raining and lines out of the door!  Oh, BTW, I'm hoping your girl Comstock gets that *** handed to her tonight!!!