Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Though as long as we're on the topic, the only position I don't understand PFF's grades for is QB. Jameis Winston is considered above average this season according to their grading FFS.

If a qb takes a sack, is he dinged or the o line?     If a QB throws a pick...is the QB dinged if the WR ran the wrong route? 

Looking back for a brief second, when Trump was elected the market was going to collapse along with the economy.  We we're going to have the worst foreign relations since Carter, trade failures, etc. Oh, and this one is fun, how turning back Net Neutrality rules was going to be the end of the Internet...I mean some on here we're apoplectic about it. :D

Good times

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

You're killing me today with these satirical posts!

NN was the one that makes me giggle like a school girl the most...and several of you know who I'm talking about.

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

But let a Nation of Islam member stand around a voting area, the same people will crap their drawers and whine about voter intimidation.

Isn't there laws about campaigning a certain distance from polling places? At my polling place they don't even let you wear a campaign button while voting.

11 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I couldn't care less if they put up razor wire. I care more that they are denying people legal entry. If you cared about the law, then you'd be just as outraged. 

You are listening to fake news. We haven’t made any efforts to deny legal entry at our asylum points of entry. 

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Unions try to tell *their* members who to vote for...it's an adult world and we're just living in it you know.

Congratulations for using "their" correctly for the first time this morning.

You're posting an awful lot considering you're supposed to be driving the elderly to polling locations.  I hope you're only using your phone while parked at a complete stop.

Or maybe you're just sitting at home, posting away.

HolyMoses likes this

10 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

If a qb takes a sack, is he dinged or the o line?     If a QB throws a pick...is the QB dinged if the WR ran the wrong route? 

From what I've seen, they're remarkably detailed in their evaluations. They'll grade QBs for accuracy in categories like "hurried", "clean pocket", and "10-19 yards in air". So, they isolate the position down to its core responsibilities, and it does lead to some fascinating insights. They had Matt as the QB with the best potential turnover percentage and indicated he should have thrown something like 3 picks all year. This lined up with the board's theory that he was having one of the unluckiest seasons ever.

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You are listening to fake news. We haven’t made any efforts to deny legal entry at our asylum points of entry. 

lol....the head of the Department of Homeland Security already admitted that we turned them away.   I literally saw her say it live...on tv...on purpose. 

8 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Closing our ports of entry is how the child separation debacle started, dip****.

41 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Was it?  Or was Dak not seeing the field and releasing the ball?

It seemed like more the latter to me.

I recall 3 or 4 plays where he had no time to do anything.  

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

From what I've seen, they're remarkably detailed in their evaluations. They'll grade QBs for accuracy in categories like "hurried", "clean pocket", and "10-19 yards in air". So, they isolate the position down to its core responsibilities, and it does lead to some fascinating insights. They had Matt as the QB with the best potential turnover percentage and indicated he should have thrown something like 3 picks all year. This lined up with the board's theory that he was having one of the unluckiest seasons ever.

Sure...they can judge an INT as being the WR's fault if they see it bounce off the WRs hands and get picked by a DB, which happened a lot last year, but how do they know if a QB made a terrible throw or if a WR ran the wrong route?    Do they just guess? 

So Tyron Smith, Zac Martin and La'El Collins just became bad all of a sudden?       The same edge blockers that were the best a few years ago are now terrible?    I don't buy it. 

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I recall 3 or 4 plays where he had no time to do anything.  

The Cowboys and Bengals basically swapped offensive line coaches in the offseason, the Cowboys hired Paul Alexander from the Bengals, who they wound up firing recently, and the Bengals hired Frank Alexander, who coached up the much-heralded Cowboys O-line between 2015-2017.  I can't recall which analyst said it at the beginning of the season, but they said that was a key coaching swap to watch.

Marc Colombo was promoted to O-line coach, and at least last night, didn't coach the unit any better than Alexander.

JDaveG likes this

9 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Closing our ports of entry is how the child separation debacle started, dip****.

Please explain to me what law you are suggesting is being broken right now. That’s the accusation, yet I see no law being broken at this point.

im not interested in speculation about what laws might be broken at some point if certain things happen. 

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

Leave Obama putting kids in cages out of this. Are you aware a judge castigates Obama for the cages he was putting children in being diseased and filthy? 

You're barking up the wrong tree if you think I'm going to defend Obama lol

Trump took his **** policies and amplified them.

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Leave Obama putting kids in cages out of this. Are you aware a judge castigates Obama for the cages he was putting children in being diseased and filthy? 

This guy internationally makes himself uninformed.  I have never seen anything like it.

Leon Troutsky and The Branch like this