Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

101,344 posts in this topic

I hope we do like the Red Sox and sign a genuine 3 hitter, then move Freeman up to 2nd and leave Acuna the **** alone at leadoff. If we got Harper it'd be murder with those three followed by some combination of Albies, Riley, and a high-end catcher we sign or trade for. Inciarte and Swanson are as good offensively as the bottom of the order guys the great AL teams play. On offense we really need one more great hitter, and the catcher they're planning on trading for. We still need pitching but we'd be able to play any NL team in a playoff series no matter who we started in the playoffs. If they can't sign Harper or Machado they about have to trade for that guy, the window's never going to be wider than it is before these guys are getting 2nd contracts.

When we play AL teams we'd bat Inciarte 9th. We'd be better than the AL teams at their own ****.

35 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Depending on what happens first Tuesday in November, it just finally might.

Probably not Saudis own both parties until we can move away from their oil

On 10/19/2018 at 9:04 AM, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I'd suggest that the taunting behavior is very present on "both sides" on this board. Maybe you dont see it because its sort of become a fundamental building block of the culture of this thread but its very much present in everything. So you guys taunt each other, call each other names, etc., and both sides complain about it. And I try to remain a pretty even hand while also being a pretty fiercely liberal dude myself. Perhaps that makes some of you think that my liberal views motivate me to crack down on conservative voices because I disagree with them. Others probably believe I go easy on conservatives so as to make an over-enthusiastic effort to remain neutral-appearing. I'd suggest those two incompatible views imply that I'm doing a pretty decent job at it. 

I don't believe I can accurately speak to the intentions of other posters. Thats their domain. But while I've not been a fan of a lot of WFW's content, I've never for a moment thought that he was posting something that he either didnt believe or didnt think he was "scoring points" with (usually through allegations of left-sided hypocrisy). I dont think thats bad faith. I also dont think folks contorting their position after being called out on internal inconsistencies is evidence of bad faith so much as thats what it looks like when cognitive dissonance comes out of someone's yapper. 

HOWEVER, I DO believe there are a couple of posters here and there that DO operate in bad faith. And I try to keep a watchful eye on those folks because I view them as a separate sort of community member than the WFW, Marla, etc., of the board. 

I can't speak to stuff that happened two years ago...even if it was me that was doing it. I dont think I was a mod in 16 but maybe I was. And if my approach is inconsistent with something I did before, I'll try to remain consistent moving forward. In the words of Ric Ocasek and his cool pals in The Cars, it's all I can do. 

I think you missed the point about taunts.  The taunts themselves aren’t the problem.  It’s taunts based on outright lies.  Here’s something more specific that happened recently.

WFW:  Brags about his predictive prowess and mocks people for being wrong (claiming that he’s always right) about elections.  As in, “You should learn from me, I’m always right and you’re wrong, TRUMP 2020!!”

Several people note times he predicted the wrong outcome.  Specifically, I point out that he predicted Roy Moore would win.

WFW lies about that.  Says he never predicted that.  Continues to taunt people AND CALL THEM LIARS.

Several of us quote his post making that exact prediction.

WFW quotes a post he made AFTER the election and claims (again) that he “won”, that everybody is wrong, and continues to taunt them AND CALL THEM LIARS.  

He is taunting people BASED ON LIES HE IS TELLING ABOUT OTHER POSTERS ON THE BOARDS.  Even after his actual posts are quoted to prove that he is the one lying.   And then just a week later he repeats those exact same lies.

There is no way to read his behavior and conclude that he is acting in good faith.  And you’re telling us that we can’t call him stupid, an idiot, a moron, or a lying a**hole or engage in other “beligerent” responses to his behavior...which IS moronic, idiotic, stupid, and a**holish.  It is objectively all of those things.  

Do you see the point about taunts?  It’s not him bragging about something he actually did or mocking other people for things they did or said.  It’s him lying about other people and pretending he did things that he didn’t, and THEN TAUNTING AND CONTINUING TO LIE AFTER HIS OWN POSTS PROVE HE IS WRONG.  What other description is there for that behavior than posting in bad faith and trolling?

Sn4tteRBoxXeR♘ likes this

56 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Probably not Saudis own both parties until we can move away from their oil

There are a lot of other things we could do before stop importing oil from them, but actually we ONLY import 9% from them. 

Wouldnt it make America great if we used our own to cover that?(using the simple MAGA logic).

With all that said..... I thought we were talking about Russia. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

There are a lot of other things we could do before stop importing oil from them, but actually we ONLY import 9% from them. 

Wouldnt it make America great if we used our own to cover that?(using the simple MAGA logic) B)

Drill baby, drill!

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

16 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The Company line:

The truth of the situation:

Is this **** bag serious? 

Although I do enjoy just how stupid the GOP thinks their base is. 

"Omg liberal elites calling everyone dumb is why we're in this position"

Excuse me. No one is worse to the GOP than GOP politicians. 

JayOzOne and HolyMoses like this

47 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Wouldnt it make America great if we used our own to cover that?(using the simple MAGA logic).

With all that said..... I thought we were talking about Russia. :rolleyes:

Nah we need an entire energy overhaul including using our own oil,  but more specifically nuclear

Edited by Rocko

6 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Man I hope so...getting Grady and Shelby back will help...if we can get to 3-4 the following 2 games are very very winnable and if we can actually stay healthy we get Debo back by Dallas......we could and should be back in the thick of things.

8 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Nah we need an entire energy overhaul including using our own oil,  but more specifically nuclear

You have stocks?

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Man I hope so...getting Grady and Shelby back will help...if we can get to 3-4 the following 2 games are very very winnable and if we can actually stay healthy we get Debo back by Dallas......we could and should be back in the thick of things.

At this point, I can only think about the next game. It's sad that the bye will lead to the least stressful two weeks for me since the Summer.

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

At this point, I can only think about the next game. It's sad that the bye will lead to the least stressful two weeks for me since the Summer.

oh no doubt....the old cliche of one game at a time is  very true here....just get to 3-4.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

oh no doubt....the old cliche of one game at a time is  very true here....just get to 3-4.

And the other old cliche: The best thing about being 3 and 4 is the opportunity to go to 4-4. Losing those home games is going to require Quinn to focus his guys on an almost play-by-play basis. Hope he's up to the task.

23 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Marc Benioff been roasting jack everywhere for not supporting Prop C, which is only half of one percent tax. 

16 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

And the other old cliche: The best thing about being 3 and 4 is the opportunity to go to 4-4. Losing those home games is going to require Quinn to focus his guys on an almost play-by-play basis. Hope he's up to the task.

The good thing is only one of those games were to  division or conference opponents...get to 3-4 and all of a sudden we have have a winning conference record....

it sucks to be in the hole that we are are but at least we have a chance to dig ourselves out of it

JayOzOne likes this