Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

100,485 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Wrong again. You keep building straw men and wanting me to argue them.

lmao tell me more about my ethics dude

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Very fine people.

'Member how snak, goreadup, and vicious used to ***** and moan about how Kessler was a democratic plant?

48 minutes ago, achilles return said:

an explanation isn't a justification. i don't see anything in the above that suggests why we should listen to you on matters of marriage equality and relationships. your weird beliefs certainly don't at all logically follow from some generic "humans are unique and have intrinsic value".

like, as far as i can tell, you're telling us we should trust your moral authority because you believe in a god that values human life. ok, cool? who gives a sh*t? it's neither unique to your religion nor to even religion itself. there are a whole lot of human belief systems that profess to value human life, and i don't see any reason to give special consideration to yours.

oh, because your claim it's 'objective'? what does that functionally mean? it's not like your religion is any less scattered and fractured than any other. as far as i can tell, it doesn't seem to produce better societies, or more human happiness. the absurdity here is that you think this is a "my objective belief vs your subjective belief" thing, but it's more "my individual claim of objective ethics vs the thousands of religions and philosophies that make the same claim". i'm not wooed by this attempt of unearned moral authority. 

unless they're on death row, am i right?

As I figured. Bad faith argument. Time likely wasted.

5 minutes ago, Rocko said:

As I figured. Bad faith argument. Time likely wasted.

"You're arguing in bad faith!" said the guy who argued that people who don't share his beliefs might as well start a nuclear holocaust.

mdrake34 likes this

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

it’s pretty obvious that worzone’s definition of “bad faith argument” is “asks difficult questions i don’t have good answers to”

No it's you starting stating please define my ethic , I do, you say I dont i do again you say i didn't,  i then compare my ethic to an atheistic world view and you just go on a tirade. Yes bad faith. It was never about discussion It was just delaying the inevitable attack.

Edited by Rocko

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

"You're arguing in bad faith!" said the guy who argued that people who don't share his beliefs might as well start a nuclear holocaust.

I didnt say might as well I said why not who cares life is meaningless. More proof of  bad faith argument 

Edited by Rocko

Just now, Rocko said:

I didnt say might as well I said why not who cares life is meaningless 

lol

Shut the **** up about bad faith arguments.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

lol

Shut the **** up about bad faith arguments.

:lol: hmm wonder why hostile? Must be guilty..that was your reasoning as to Kavenaughs guilt lol

1 minute ago, Rocko said:

I didnt say might as well I said why not who cares life is meaningless. More proof of  bad faith argument 

Sounds like your worldview just doesn't permit your understanding value systems outside your own.

Just now, Rocko said:

:lol: hmm wonder why hostile? Must be guilty..that was your reasoning as to Kavenaughs guilt lol

Not hostile. Just pointing out that you're full of ****.

CVpwc2y.gif?noredirect

Door Gunner likes this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Not hostile. Just pointing out that you're full of ****.

CVpwc2y.gif?noredirect

Vulgarity  and ordering me to be quiet.  Seems hostile

I realize at this point nothing can truly derail this thread, which is the electronic equivalent of Seinfeld at this point, but boy it sure does suck when worzone shows up to ****-post for pages on end at a time.

3 minutes ago, Rocko said:

No it's you starting stating please define my ethic , I do, you say I dont i do again you say i didn't,  i then compare my ethic to an atheistic world view and you just go on a tirade. Yes bad faith. It was never about discussion It was just delaying the inevitable attack.

i didn’t ask you to define anything. i asked you why we should listen to you, and pointed out that your answer to that question was hilariously insufficient. i even gave you some pretty good follow-up questions!

whining about bad faith is just a sad excuse for you to flee a conversation you find challenging. 

Just now, Rocko said:

Vulgarity  and ordering me to be quiet.  Seems hostile

Guess if you can't argue in favor of your religion or philosophy against others then I guess whining about civility is the next best course.

2 hours ago, achilles return said:

what? no you didn't. you stopped talking about ethics and started talking about your belief in a god. it's a red herring.

i don't care about your belief in a god. i'm asking you why we should entertain your personal depictions of right and wrong. why should we listen to you? 

stop avoiding the question.

2 hours ago, achilles return said:

and i've never asked you to

so please go back and explain to us why we should entertain your code of ethics.

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Who cares about democracy as long as we get tax cuts for the rich. /Republican

This is unacceptable. 

8 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Yeah, exactly, he asks why we should listen to you about morality, and you explain why it should matter according to your religion. Well why should it matter based on you believing it? You make it sound like you have to believe to not hate people and want badly to project that onto some nonChristians.