Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Rocko said:

What does this have to do with Kavanaugh? 

Unless you spend all of your time in this thread, you should have noticed plenty of people (including Franklin Graham) saying that even if he's guilty, it shouldn't affect his candidacy or career.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Unless you spend all of your time in this thread, you should have noticed plenty of people (including Franklin Graham) saying that even if he's guilty, it shouldn't affect his candidacy or career.

 

 

 

Those people are idiots

Edited by Rocko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Serge said:

Jesus ****, time served for that?

The article didn't detail the fact that he jizzed on her while she was unconscious, only that he told her he couldn't get off unless he choked her. And the judge wagged his finger at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rocko said:

Those people are idiots

Next time you pop off, know what you're talking about or one might assume the same about you. 

For the record: I don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JayOzOne said:

Next time you pop off, know what you're talking about or one might assume the same about you. 

For the record: I don't.

You quote me first bro,  that's why I was confused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Sir, why do you hate America?

You know me, I just want a handout. Give me my Obama phone. Or some food stamps when I get laid off.

Or healthcare.

Or a chance at an education or the same opportunity for a job or the same wages or equal justice under law and I'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Actually the was lots of evidence in many of those cases.  What are you even talking about

The ones from 30 and 40 years ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rocko said:

You quote me first bro,  that's why I was confused

The original point being made was that people believe that Kavanaugh should be left alone, even if he's guilty. We don't know if he's guilty, but that's not the point. You appear to have taken the quote in the tweet out of context and my reply to you was based on the fact that there are people who are suggesting that even if he IS guilty, that shouldn't have relevance on his current opportunity. Not that he's not, mind you, but even if he did it.

When I showed an example of someone who was of this mindset, you replied "those people are idiots", which makes it appear that you agree with me and the person quoted in the tweet. Please, realize that there's context beyond your eagerness to argue or put others down, Rocko.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The article didn't detail the fact that he jizzed on her while she was unconscious, only that he told her he couldn't get off unless he choked her. And the judge wagged his finger at him.

This ******* country man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The original point being made was that people believe that Kavanaugh should be left alone, even if he's guilty. We don't know if he's guilty, but that's not the point. You appear to have taken the quote in the tweet out of context and my reply to you was based on the fact that there are people who are suggesting that even if he IS guilty, that shouldn't have relevance on his current opportunity. Not that he's not, mind you, but even if he did it.

When I showed an example of someone who was of this mindset, you replied "those people are idiots", which makes it appear that you agree with me and the person quoted in the tweet. Please, realize that there's context beyond your eagerness to argue or put others down, Rocko.

I was in a discussion with someone else,  it came across differently when reading it in that context. Yes we agree im sorry I misunderstood your position

Edited by Rocko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lostone said:

The ones from 30 and 40 years ago?

He's absolutely right. The reason why the Pennsylvania grand jury report was a bombshell is that it uncovered documents that showed the Church actively covered up for known abuses. It can be assumed that there were thousands more cases that were not documented.

Quote

The 18-month investigation covered six of the state’s dioceses — Allentown, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Scranton — and follows other state grand jury reports that revealed abuse and coverups in two other dioceses. The grand jury reviewed more than 2 million documents, including from the “secret archives” — what church leaders referred to the reports of abuse they hid from public for decades, state Attorney General Josh Shapiro said at a news conference Tuesday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2018/08/14/pennsylvania-grand-jury-report-on-sex-abuse-in-catholic-church-will-list-hundreds-of-accused-predator-priests/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7b4f8d92afb3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, this has nothing to do with Trump or politics at all. But if I'm going to cry over the sad state of the human condition for at least a week, I might as well drag you SOBs down with me:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

If I had to guess, some cadre in the administration pushed this story to gin up support to fire Rosenstein and thereby torpedo the Mueller investigation by getting a new deputy AG who would end it but they ran into the brick wall that is Trump's attention short attention span and pettiness.

This seems to be the perfect answer to his prayers though. 

He's been acting Hella strange since that NYT op Ed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Rocko said:

1. Jean was an innocent man murdered 

2. Kavanaugh is not a rapist, at least theres no proof as of yet. 

This was such an inaccurate post

Cough stanford swimmer cough.

 

But yeah. Let's narrow it town to the two things that fit your narrative :rolleyes: exhausting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rocko said:

I know some of you lefties hate america. So I don't expect much from you

Yeah victim-blaming, in cases ofsexual assault, does not happen in America. In fact, it's not even relevant to the current president of the United States. You are a real genius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

Of course he is.    But rather than his mom and girlfriend saying he’s a narcissistic prick but we love him anyway. They rationalize the conduct.

And that’s what he has to do with politics.

It is a testament to the human capacity  for self delusion 

And what makes you think Alex Honnold is a narcissist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WOR said:

Cough stanford swimmer cough.

 

But yeah. Let's narrow it town to the two things that fit your narrative :rolleyes: exhausting. 

I don't have a narrative. Im not super sold on Kavenaugh because I want to see more pro 4th judges. I appreciate his possible position on Roe but what good is regaining Roe if you keep losing rights to a big brother state where the patriot act looks minor. That said I wont be upset if he gets picked because we haven't had pro 4th judges in ages but I really want some cause its as big a threat at the losing the 2nd

Edited by Rocko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Boner said:

Yeah victim-blaming, in cases ofsexual assault, does not happen in America. In fact, it's not even relevant to the current president of the United States. You are a real genius.

Does it ever happen? Sure. Theres stupid people everywhere.  Is that our culture ? No.  Is Kavanaugh trial indicative of such a culture? Not at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.