Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

123,184 posts in this topic

 

3 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

maybe reddit has an english link?

There's usually a Facebook link, Univision is an oustanding sports network that most people who don't speak Spanish or watch soccer will never know about them but I'd rather watch it in real time on my big TV so I can follow along on twitter and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Remember, he's a Saints fan. Anything above a banjo is great music to them.

speaking of Atlanta artists and the Saints. If you go to one of the Saints games, you will hear this track over and over and over.   All over the tailgates and during the game.  We even walked into a store in the French Quarter where they were playing some classical ambient type music and when they saw our Falcons jerseys, they quickly flipped to this track.  The Ying Yang twins can not longer get Atlanta love. **** em! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AF89 said:

Biden is a walking Me Too waiting to happen.  I don't say that to belittle Me Too or that I think Biden is a predator,  it's just well...you can kind of see it coming if he runs

I honestly think there is a 70-80% chance his support collapses before Iowa. 

Tough on Crime, MeToo, closeness to wall street, etc all have the potential to do him in. 

One of the reasons I am higher on Booker than most is that I think Booker has the best shot of absorbing that support. If Bernie(~30%) and Biden(~30%) are out, and Warren and Booker are the second choice candidates respectively, they would instantly crush the chances of the rest of the field. 

AF89 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

I honestly think there is a 70-80% chance his support collapses before Iowa. 

Tough on Crime, MeToo, closeness to wall street, etc all have the potential to do him in. 

One of the reasons I am higher on Booker than most is that I think Booker has the best shot of absorbing that support. If Bernie(~30%) and Biden(~30%) are out, and Warren and Booker are the second choice candidates respectively, they would instantly crush the chances of the rest of the field. 

I don't particularly trust Booker but he seems "okay" policy wise. I don't see myself voting for him in the primary but any old warm body not named Avenatti will probably get my vote in the general as long as Trump or anyone else who picks up his mantle (a likely possibility imo) is on the other ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Carter said:

What are the chances Trump actually gets a primary challenger? That would be hilarious.

I think pretty solid. He's done a pretty good job purging the party of malcontents, but I would frankly expect another round of anti trump conservatives once this current election cycle passes just to test the waters of an unstable presidency. It'll be too big a career opportunity not to entice a few gamblers to go for the king (and probably miss and ruin their current positions).History is full of opportunists willing to cross that Rubicon for a 20% chance at glory and risk everything. 

 How he handles it will determine how far they get.

GEORGIAfan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got bored and went back into mod mode cross checking IP's and so on. 

 

I don't want to get into the details but it's an obvious pattern down to the emails you used and the posts you've made under all the alts. It's a pattern that reaches back almost a decade and it's blatantly obvious. Just stop. Don't get the subforum killed over your ********. 

 

 

JDaveG, AF89, mdrake34 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I don't particularly trust Booker but he seems "okay" policy wise. I don't see myself voting for him in the primary but any old warm body not named Avenatti will probably get my vote in the general as long as Trump or anyone else who picks up his mantle (a likely possibility imo) is on the other ticket.

I am much more likely to vote for Warren at this moment than Booker. Policy wise, I agree with her more than Booker, and I never really care about messaging. But the "love politics" message that Booker is selling could be potent. The policy has to match it though, which it hasn't in my opinion. But if hit a recession during the primary, I could easily see a populist message winning even if he fixes the trust issues and policy issues people have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

So I got bored and went back into mod mode cross checking IP's and so on. 

 

I don't want to get into the details but it's an obvious pattern down to the emails you used and the posts you've made under all the alts. It's a pattern that reaches back almost a decade and it's blatantly obvious. Just stop. Don't get the subforum killed over your ********. 

 

 

They didn't mask their IP.

 

Rookie mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Carter said:

What are the chances Trump actually gets a primary challenger? That would be hilarious.

I think a lot stronger than most of us would guess, and I think it's almost promised.

 

I see it playing out like so.

Dems win the House. We know that's happening.

Dems win the Senate. Statistically, it's a long shot, but 538 has it at a 1 in 3 chance.

They either impeach as soon as Mueller comes back, or they hold up the WH with subpoena after subpoena, stopping any policy from moving forward.

Come 2020, it'll either be the GOP stands behind a guy that they know won't be able to do anything for 4 years, or they try to get an establishment guy in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I think pretty solid. He's done a pretty good job purging the party of malcontents, but I would frankly expect another round of anti trump conservatives once this current election cycle passes just to test the waters of an unstable presidency. It'll be too big a career opportunity not to entice a few gamblers to go for the king (and probably miss and ruin their current positions).History is full of opportunists willing to cross that Rubicon for a 20% chance at glory and risk everything. 

 How he handles it will determine how far they get.

On that note I'm envisioning a Meghan McCain or some **** backed campaign wrecking all holy heII on the RNC 2020 game plan with their civility missles and ABF will groan every minute of it :lol:

 

SpongeDad likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

They didn't mask their IP.

 

Rookie mistake. 

They kinda did. That's the hold up. The ties between the ten or so accounts  and the pattern of behavior and what the account tied to those ten or so accounts does now......I wouldn't have banned em off of what was there but they'd be on notice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

They didn't mask their IP.

 

Rookie mistake. 

Pro tip... I never hide my IP. Even streaming or downloading music/movies, I never log into my VPN. I'm always on my desktop, and it's got a wired 300mbps connection. I'm not slowing down for a vpn...

 

 

My Laptop in another story. That's running Kali Linux, but I use an old Netgear wifi dongle for it, since I can use it to test access points and such... I can hook it up to my regular network, but I don't want any of my info on that machine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

They kinda did. That's the hold up. The ties between the ten or so accounts  and the pattern of behavior and what the account tied to those ten or so accounts does now......I wouldn't have banned em off of what was there but they'd be on notice. 

The changes in IP are mostly related to the ISP switching the address at the CMTS. It'll be close, but it might vary a bit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Pro tip... I never hide my IP. Even streaming or downloading music/movies, I never log into my VPN. I'm always on my desktop, and it's got a wired 300mbps connection. I'm not slowing down for a vpn...

 

 

My Laptop in another story. That's running Kali Linux, but I use an old Netgear wifi dongle for it, since I can use it to test access points and such... I can hook it up to my regular network, but I don't want any of my info on that machine...

I need to find another good torrent site. Behind on so many movies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AF89 said:

I need to find another good torrent site. Behind on so many movies

Pirate bay is still around, but you'll get DMCAs. Depending on your ISP, that may or may not be a big deal. Mine isn't bad. I got like 10 one day, and they sent me to a walled garden so I could check a box that promised I wouldn't download copyrighted material anymore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now