Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,996 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ted Cruz is trending #1 and noooone of it is positive lol

It was never going to be. Like is anyone genuinely enthusiastic for Cruz?

8 minutes ago, AF89 said:

It was never going to be. Like is anyone genuinely enthusiastic for Cruz?

I found a few. “Classic Ted! Owned him!” belly laughs. Detached from reality, but I guess that’s how it goes.

I don’t think Cruz answered a single question without changing the subject or sidestepping the question entirely to throw out Democrat names that the Republican base hates.

On that note, I talked to my mom about QAnon and explained to her how it’s bs and just a continuation of conspiracy theories that have existed for decades. She asked me if Hillary could be tried by a military court since she has always been a federal employee. I was like... uh, no, that’s not how this works and how does that even make sense. Don’t think it got anywhere but I had to say something. :bang:

mdrake34, Sn4tteRBoxXeR and Serge like this

59 minutes ago, achilles return said:

@lostone

here’s some rage fuel bro

Monetizing prisons is the reason why the US fights the never ending "war on drugs" and has such a high incarceration rate. If you follow the money in Pennsylvania, you'll find that the vendor who's standing to make a mint has greased the pockets of the legislature to make sure they all get fat off of the punishment of others.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

27 minutes ago, AF89 said:

USC has a wideout named Amun-Ra. That's dope.

His brother is named Osirus. Their pops is named John Brown and since that's the most average and boring name in the world, he decided his sons' names would stand out.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757232-meet-amon-ra-st-brown-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-2018-recruiting-class

mdrake34 and AF89 like this

5 hours ago, AF89 said:

Grassley has been around way too long and needs to retire. Everything that he says or writes these days is disjointed. This semi-coherent tweet basically suggests that he really doesn’t know how to handle this situation. He’s unwilling to cave to any of Dr. Ford’s entirely reasonable demands, such as an FBI investigation, and committee testimony from other relevant witnesses. But he’s once again making clear that he knows he needs her testimony, and that he’s afraid to move forward without it. In any case, while Grassley plays switchies, Ford just got her extension.

Image result for chuck grassley gifs

8 hours ago, achilles return said:

@lostone

here’s some rage fuel bro

So I can have them for free if I pay....

nice. 

Sounds like they are taking lessons from that guy that sales packet water on late night TV. 

If the Kavanaugh deal were a civil suit, I feel like at this point Ford could seek a negative inference charge for Judge and Smyth’s testimony. 

It shouldn’t, but still blows my mind Grassley won’t subpoena them. 

5 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

If the Kavanaugh deal were a civil suit, I feel like at this point Ford could seek a negative inference charge for Judge and Smyth’s testimony. 

It shouldn’t, but still blows my mind Grassley won’t subpoena them. 

You’re right, I don’t know why that blows your mind. 

Grassley has shown his hand many, many times!

The only way this even remotely makes sense for the GOP is if they are 110% confident they keep the Senate in November. Even then, Ford can press charges at the state level, and I saw that either the DA or Sheriff of the county where it allegedly occurred said he would investigate if she filed charges. 

44 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

2 responses to this were fantastic, one pithy and biting, one hilarious:

Pithy and biting:

Hilarious:

A second possible reading is that Cruz is voting for his opponent....and he wants you to too :ninja:

51 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

2 responses to this were fantastic, one pithy and biting, one hilarious:

Pithy and biting:

Hilarious:

Cruz is as terrible a politician as he is a person.