Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

127,898 posts in this topic

Gee, let me list all the other strategies that were introduced that were explosive enough to derail his nomination since July.....hmmm 

18 minutes ago, gazoo said:

The level of denial here is astounding. 

What other  “strategy” do you think Fords advisor and democrat and Clinton operative was referencing and caught on tape saying  in July  to prevent Kavanaugh from being nominated? 

Proving that is a soulless liar?  Or by simply asking him questions?     I dunno.

During his hearing, he was asked to address the father of a girl who was viciously murdered and he responded by saying he likes to feed homeless people.

8 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Sure.  And Hatch should answer for that.

The problem is, who is going to even attempt to make him answer for it?  They still won't even agree to subpoena the alleged witnesses.  This whole thing is such a farce.

8 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

2nd dude looks like he could be  . . . something ethnic at least.

Maybe?

That's straight up tanning lotion on his face. His neck is as white as WFW's personality.

Edited by thesouphead

Just now, mdrake34 said:

The problem is, who is going to even attempt to make him answer for it?  They still won't even agree to subpoena the alleged witnesses.  This whole thing is such a farce.

The sad thing is, that's the only way anyone has any feeling that there was any real resolution.

Subpoena everyone.  Put them under oath.  Let the chips fall where they fall.

And while I think the Democrats have largely been childish with the obstructionism (not the procedural stuff -- the overblown drama), I would absolutely want them to start the hearings with "what did Senator Hatch know and when did he know it."  I think that's completely fair.

mdrake34 likes this

Of course, I think it's also fair to ask the same of Senator Feinstein and other Democrats on the committee WRT the Ford allegations.

52 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

I am always here to help the under educated .  It amazes me that you radical lefties are so blind that you actually deny  facts , like the fact that Hillary, and the DNC paid a foreign spy to collude with the Russians, to create a phony "Dossier" ,in a vain attempt to steal a presidential election. Then, using corrupt officials in the DOJ, FBI, and intelligence agencies, they are STILL trying to cover it up by stonewalling , and redacting documents and texts that will prove their guilt. Enough has been revealed through lawsuits, to already get some of the miscreants fired or demoted, and you have the gall, or ignorance, to call all this a "Conspiracy Theory ".  You have either had your head in a black hole for the past year or so, or you are just immune to reality. You are unable to refute any of the FACTS that I have listed above. You are only able to reply with juvenile insults, or snarky replies , like "Conspiracy theory", or "FOX NEWS"  Well here's your chance Soup, I challenge you, I DARE you , to refute the facts I have listed above.  Don't change the subject, don't run and hide, just man up and refute what I have said. 

Obvious troll is obvious. 

And potentially self-incriminating. 

5 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Judging people based on the color of their skin again? Racism lives on in the left 

. . . and inability to recognize irony, humor, or context lives on the right  . . . in you. 

FFS . . . How is it even POSSIBLE to arrive at racism from that post?

Well, you managed to prove your troll-ness/idiocy in only four posts this time back.  Well done.

15 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

2nd dude looks like he could be  . . . something ethnic at least.

Maybe?

Just watched the video they have of employees saying why they like working there...26 employees in the...none are black.    lol      Maybe that is why so many black people are starting their own businesses...companies like Guidant wont hire them!

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

SMOKING GUN EVIDENCE THE CURRENT ALLEGATION BY CHRISTINE FORD WAS A STRATEGY TO TRY AND PREVENT KAVANAUGH FROM GETTING ON SUPREME COURT.

A Clinton and Democrat operative, also an advisory to Christine Ford, is busted on tape in July, same time Feinstein got the letter, stating democrats had a strategy to stop Kavanaugh from getting on the court.

How can anyone associate with these despicable people any longer? This strategy smears the entire family, those little girls he has, his wife, and they have even received death threats. How can anyone claim this is ok or be part of this disgraceful Hail Mary pass of democrats?

There's literally nothing in this video that even approaches a universe of "smoking gun evidence"

If your "smoking gun" is the notion that folks would oppose Kavanaugh's nomination, you're doing it wrong. 

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Ricki Seidman, current advisor to Christine Ford, served in Bill Clinton’s campaign’s “war room” and served as deputy communications director in the Clinton White House, according to Politico.

Seidman is caught on tape telling other democrats in July not to worry, that she has a strategy to prevent Kavanaugh from being seated on the court. 

July was when Feinstein receives a letter from Seidmans client alleging a sexual assault one week before vote is to take place. 

Nothing to see here folks........

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

Seidman is caught on tape telling other democrats in July not to worry,

She actually spends a good chunk of the video telling them to worry because of the numbers. 

HolyMoses likes this

This is probably stepping out on a limb, and I'll try to ensure it's not too far out on the limb, but there is something that bugs me about the timing of the Kavanaugh allegations that I'd like to discuss.  I want to say up front -- the timing DOES NOT mean the allegations are not true.  But it seems to me that something that ought to be considered to avoid the whole "she sat on it for 30 years" defense is whether it's best to bring such allegations at more neutral times.

The Roy Moore allegations broke on November 9, almost a month before the elections.  That caused a lot of Republicans to trot out that old saw.  My take was the massive corroboration was strong evidence that he did it.  But even so, he had a full month to refute them, if he could (he couldn't).  Al Franken's allegations came at a time when he was in office, but not prior to an election.  Etc.

These allegations were raised first on a similar timeline as Moore's, but kept from public view.  Taking at face value the desire to protect the accuser's anonymity (there are problems with that, but let's set them aside), there is still a problem with the fact that hearings were held, questions raised, and then the allegations leaked immediately prior to the vote.  Also leaving aside the question of whether the allegations are true, it would have been better to have raised them long before he was nominated for the seat.  Why?  Two reasons.  First, it lends credibility to the allegations, since there is no question whether the person bringing them is doing it for political gain.  Second, acknowledging the fact that partisans will say that anyway, it "de-fangs the snake" so to speak.  It raises a natural question "why would she lie about it, since he's not up for any office right now?"

Without getting into the questions I tabled -- whether the allegations are true and whether the Democrats acted out of a non-political desire to protect her anonymity -- if these allegations were brought last year, for example, would there be the same questions raised, and assuming there would, would they be as widespread and breaking along such partisan lines?  I imagine a whole lot more Republicans would be neutral at least.  She'd have gotten a fairer hearing.

I have 3 daughters.  I don't want to live in a world where they can be subjected to stuff like this and disbelieved.  I also don't want to live in a world where someone's career can be destroyed by allegations at the pinnacle of their success, if those allegations are not true.  There has to be a balance, and I think one way to achieve that is to encourage women who have been abused to come forward now.  Not only when someone is seeking political office or a judicial seat, but right now.

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

Ricki Seidman, current advisor to Christine Ford, served in Bill Clinton’s campaign’s “war room” and served as deputy communications director in the Clinton White House, according to Politico.

Seidman is caught on tape telling other democrats in July not to worry, that she has a strategy to prevent Kavanaugh from being seated on the court. 

July was when Feinstein receives a letter from Seidmans client alleging a sexual assault one week before vote is to take place. 

Nothing to see here folks........

Except that's not what she said.....at all. 

It's literally the exact opposite of what she said. She very very very clearly stated there was likely little chance of stopping the confirmation because of the senate numbers. 

At no point did she say anything close to "don't worry, I've got this." She DID say an opposition strategy would emerge.....which is a universal truth for every nomination/appointment made by any president for any position. If you can't parse the plain meaning of that, thats on you, not any alleged "conspiracy."