Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

136,476 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

No opinion on her own party (the Dems) smearing her and totally bypassing the #metoo movent?

Good lord dude, I am not a dem.  Dems are hypocrites just like the GOP.  It should be investigated by the FBI.  He should have to answer under oath on the events.  If proved to be a liar, he should be forced out.  Our society has brushed abuse to the side far too long.

The Catholic situation is similar in some ways.  Abuse from 30-40+ years ago coming back.  Is anyone questioning those accounts?

6 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

No one really smeared her. They just didn't believe her and/or are waiting for the release of the tape. 

Her son set the high bar by claiming the video exists and when they started making excuses for why it didn't, people started to not believe her story and chalked it up to He said-She said. 

So your not believing her or what she said in that tweet? Isn't that part of the problem?

She went to the hospital after the attack and the injuries are documented.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

What's that have to do with the Ellison case, this Monahan, tweet, you partisan hack. I've already questioned both cases

Your biased coincides with your lack of transparency when it comes to these matters.

I especially like how you responded to a post about the amateur golfer that wasn’t directed at you and changed the subject to Ellison’s accuser, in the same week you’ve been questioning Kavanaugh’s accuer’s account, and did so with a tweet, despite your insistence on not using twitter. 

lostone, Carter and Optimus_Cr1m35 like this

12 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

You can’t get anymore on the nose about this. This morning Trump says he has no AG, and Sessions is out there gleefully harassing minorities. There is no single person in America who loves his job more than Jeff Sessions.

He's finally got a job where he can use the force of law to harass and incarcerate minorities mercilessly. Dude is living his best life. He's not going to let a little thing like the president hating his guts get in the way of that. 

5 minutes ago, lostone said:

Good lord dude, I am not a dem.  Dems are hypocrites just like the GOP.  It should be investigated by the FBI.  He should have to answer under oath on the events.  If proved to be a liar, he should be forced out.  Our society has brushed abuse to the side far too long.

The Catholic situation is similar in some ways.  Abuse from 30-40+ years ago coming back.  Is anyone questioning those accounts?

I'm Catholic and I've been questioning them all my life. I'm also an advocate for priests getting married.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

So your not believing her or what she said in that tweet? Isn't that part of the problem?

She went to the hospital after the attack and the injuries are documented.

I didn't say what I believed. 

Also, the incident happened in Dec 2016 and she states she went to the hospital in Nov 2017. And the medical record she provided states that there was no evidence of physical abuse. 

Please have the facts straight before making claims. 

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I especially like how you responded to a post about the amateur golfer that wasn’t directed at you and changed the subject to Ellison’s accuser, in the same week you’ve been questioning Kavanaugh’s accuer’s account, and did so with a tweet, despite your insistence on not using twitter. 

Don't even bring up Twitter to me with your ridiculous usage of that media. I never said I wouldn't use it, I just wouldn't abuse it like you do. 

Moderation is good in all aspects of life.

The GOP has bent over backwards to let Ford get her story out, even their willingness to go out to California to meet her in a private setting.

You can tell the Dems are stalling when Rino's like Collin's and Snow are saying she needs to get her side of the story out and if she isn't willing too they are pushing to move the vote forward.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Don't even bring up Twitter to me with your ridiculous usage of that media. I never said I wouldn't use it, I just wouldn't abuse it like you do. 

Moderation is good in all aspects of life.

The GOP has bent over backwards to let Ford get her story out, even their willingness to go out to California to meet her in a private setting.

You can tell the Dems are stalling when Rino's like Collin's and Snow are saying she needs to get her side of the story out and if she isn't willing too they are pushing to move the vote forward.

Bending over backwards as long as there is no FBI Investigation and No witnesses like Mark Judge being compelled to testify. :rolleyes: 

5 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I didn't say what I believed. 

Also, the incident happened in Dec 2016 and she states she went to the hospital in Nov 2017. And the medical record she provided states that there was no evidence of physical abuse. 

Please have the facts straight before making claims. 

What she revealed was the abuse while having that person's name recorded. Just like Ford did, but Ford never mentioned her accuser's name from my understanding.

8 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Bending over backwards as long as there is no FBI Investigation and No witnesses like Mark Judge being compelled to testify. :rolleyes: 

The FBI did 6 background checks on Kavanaugh. They do not investigate 36 year old domestic cases that are controlled by local jurisdiction.

To say congress isn't affording her every opportunity is disingenuous.

If she really wants this investigated she could file a complaint with the local police who said they would pursue the case.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

What she revealed was the abuse while having that person's name recorded. Just like Ford did, but Ford never mentioned her accuser's name from my understanding.

You claimed the injuries were documented and that she went to the hospital right after the attack. Please provide evidence of that.

Also, Ford didn't claim that there was video evidence of the abuse. She basically gave people a cover for not believing her. If she didn't make claims that she could back up consistently, I think a lot more people would believe her. Also, the bulk of her claims was the emotional abuse that KE put on her, which is still a gray area in the METOO movement. 

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The FBI did 6 background checks on Kavanaugh. They do not investigate 36 year old domestic cases that are controlled by local jurisdiction.

To say congress isn't affording her every opportunity is disingenuous.

If she really wants this investigated she could file a complaint with the local police who said they would pursue the case.

AND?

They did multiple background checks for Thomas and Anita still got an investigation after her claims came out. 

She is asking for what Anita Hill got, which is the MINIMUM bar that should be passed. 

You are the one being disingenuous by claiming she is being afforded every opportunity.  They didn't even ask her before setting up the Monday hearing.  Do you normally set up meetings with people before informing them?

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Every Opportunity, but cannot wait less than a week to let an investigation happen. :rolleyes:

The whole idea that there needs to be a rush to vote is absurd too.

7 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

You claimed the injuries were documented and that she went to the hospital right after the attack. Please provide evidence of that.

Also, Ford didn't claim that there was video evidence of the abuse. She basically gave people a cover for not believing her. If she didn't make claims that she could back up consistently, I think a lot more people would believe her. Also, the bulk of her claims was the emotional abuse that KE put on her, which is still a gray area in the METOO movement. 

You are right, it was after the fact that she got documentation in November after the incident occurred. She had claimed there was injuries, but I haven't been able to find any evidence posted, such as pics, etc.

Of course Ford never claimed she had video evidence, personal recording devices were virtually non-existent in the mid 80s.

You say the bulk of her claims are emotional abuse, but she is alledging there was an attempted rape. 

So am I the only one who remembers that the FBI was criticized for a "lax" investigation in the Anita Hill case?

The reality is, Senator Feinstein referred the case to the FBI.  The FBI referred it back to the Senate.  An FBI investigation that takes 3 days and does not find the allegations to be supported will be rejected by Democrats and hailed by Republicans.  The converse is also true.

If she wants it investigated, truly, she should file charges in Maryland.  It's really that simple.  The jurisdiction that should investigate it, if there is to be a formal investigation, is being cut out of the process by Ford's own refusal to file charges.

For what it's worth, I should say again -- perhaps the greatest peril to Kavanaugh and to Republicans generally is that Kavanaugh is seated, and then an investigation proceeds at the state level and finds the charges credible.  In that scenario, if the Democrats re-take the Senate, Kavanaugh could be impeached by the House (which the Dems will take) and probably removed.  That denies the Republicans a Supreme Court seat they badly want.  So rushing things has peril that I don't think most people are considering right now.

Having said that, if the accuser won't cooperate, it is what it is -- he'll be confirmed next week and the chips will fall where they may.

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

For what it's worth, I should say again -- perhaps the greatest peril to Kavanaugh and to Republicans generally is that Kavanaugh is seated, and then an investigation proceeds at the state level and finds the charges credible.

If the charges are credible, even without an investigation and he has been seated, then we could possibly have a SC judge who is susceptible to blackmail. 

9 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

So am I the only one who remembers that the FBI was criticized for a "lax" investigation in the Anita Hill case?

The reality is, Senator Feinstein referred the case to the FBI.  The FBI referred it back to the Senate.  An FBI investigation that takes 3 days and does not find the allegations to be supported will be rejected by Democrats and hailed by Republicans.  The converse is also true.

If she wants it investigated, truly, she should file charges in Maryland.  It's really that simple.  The jurisdiction that should investigate it, if there is to be a formal investigation, is being cut out of the process by Ford's own refusal to file charges.

I was 1 years old, so probably.

12 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You are right, it was after the fact that she got documentation in November after the incident occurred. She had claimed there was injuries, but I haven't been able to find any evidence posted, such as pics, etc.

Of course Ford never claimed she had video evidence, personal recording devices were virtually non-existent in the mid 80s.

You say the bulk of her claims are emotional abuse, but she is alledging there was an attempted rape. 

We are talking about Monahan, not Ford. 

JDaveG likes this

9 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I just said this a few minutes ago. If she really wants this investigated that would be her best option. 

From my understanding Maryland will follow up with the case if she files formal charges.

I believe Maryland has no statute of limitations on felonies (rape) ?

I think the GOP feels confident in Kavanaugh's character, which is why they are not afraid to move forward with the vote and possibly having to address the scenario you put forth.

21 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

:lol:

I heard an ad on the radio a few days ago asking people who invested in Tesla following that tweet to contact the law firm about joining a class action suit.  It’s not just the DOJ Tesla and Musk need to worry about.