Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Is it bad that I actually like them? 

Like them as in you cruise around jamming to it by yourself?

This is so courageous.

4 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

Hoping my SAP **** works. 

No way to use it for antenna (that I'm aware of )

What I usually do is break out the radio and listen to the 92.9 broadcast but they don't quite synch.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Like them as in you cruise around jamming to it by yourself?

This is so courageous.

Remember, he's a Saints fan. Anything above a banjo is great music to them.

Carter likes this

Just now, AF89 said:

What I usually do is break out the radio and listen to the 92.9 broadcast but they don't quite synch.

maybe reddit has an english link?

Just now, AF89 said:

yeah, the timing delay can be too much.      It might be live on twitter in english if that helps you out....maybe one can even listen to the twitter feed and watch the tv?  

3 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

maybe reddit has an english link?

There's usually a Facebook link, Univision is an oustanding sports network that most people who don't speak Spanish or watch soccer will never know about them but I'd rather watch it in real time on my big TV so I can follow along on twitter and stuff.

3 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Remember, he's a Saints fan. Anything above a banjo is great music to them.

speaking of Atlanta artists and the Saints. If you go to one of the Saints games, you will hear this track over and over and over.   All over the tailgates and during the game.  We even walked into a store in the French Quarter where they were playing some classical ambient type music and when they saw our Falcons jerseys, they quickly flipped to this track.  The Ying Yang twins can not longer get Atlanta love. **** em! 

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and SpongeDad like this

2 hours ago, AF89 said:

Biden is a walking Me Too waiting to happen.  I don't say that to belittle Me Too or that I think Biden is a predator,  it's just well...you can kind of see it coming if he runs

I honestly think there is a 70-80% chance his support collapses before Iowa. 

Tough on Crime, MeToo, closeness to wall street, etc all have the potential to do him in. 

One of the reasons I am higher on Booker than most is that I think Booker has the best shot of absorbing that support. If Bernie(~30%) and Biden(~30%) are out, and Warren and Booker are the second choice candidates respectively, they would instantly crush the chances of the rest of the field. 

AF89 likes this

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

I honestly think there is a 70-80% chance his support collapses before Iowa. 

Tough on Crime, MeToo, closeness to wall street, etc all have the potential to do him in. 

One of the reasons I am higher on Booker than most is that I think Booker has the best shot of absorbing that support. If Bernie(~30%) and Biden(~30%) are out, and Warren and Booker are the second choice candidates respectively, they would instantly crush the chances of the rest of the field. 

I don't particularly trust Booker but he seems "okay" policy wise. I don't see myself voting for him in the primary but any old warm body not named Avenatti will probably get my vote in the general as long as Trump or anyone else who picks up his mantle (a likely possibility imo) is on the other ticket.

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

What are the chances Trump actually gets a primary challenger? That would be hilarious.

I think pretty solid. He's done a pretty good job purging the party of malcontents, but I would frankly expect another round of anti trump conservatives once this current election cycle passes just to test the waters of an unstable presidency. It'll be too big a career opportunity not to entice a few gamblers to go for the king (and probably miss and ruin their current positions).History is full of opportunists willing to cross that Rubicon for a 20% chance at glory and risk everything. 

How he handles it will determine how far they get.

GEORGIAfan likes this

So I got bored and went back into mod mode cross checking IP's and so on. 

I don't want to get into the details but it's an obvious pattern down to the emails you used and the posts you've made under all the alts. It's a pattern that reaches back almost a decade and it's blatantly obvious. Just stop. Don't get the subforum killed over your ********. 

JDaveG, Carter, AF89 and 1 other like this

22 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I don't particularly trust Booker but he seems "okay" policy wise. I don't see myself voting for him in the primary but any old warm body not named Avenatti will probably get my vote in the general as long as Trump or anyone else who picks up his mantle (a likely possibility imo) is on the other ticket.

I am much more likely to vote for Warren at this moment than Booker. Policy wise, I agree with her more than Booker, and I never really care about messaging. But the "love politics" message that Booker is selling could be potent. The policy has to match it though, which it hasn't in my opinion. But if hit a recession during the primary, I could easily see a populist message winning even if he fixes the trust issues and policy issues people have. 

6 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

So I got bored and went back into mod mode cross checking IP's and so on. 

I don't want to get into the details but it's an obvious pattern down to the emails you used and the posts you've made under all the alts. It's a pattern that reaches back almost a decade and it's blatantly obvious. Just stop. Don't get the subforum killed over your ********. 

They didn't mask their IP.

Rookie mistake. 

15 minutes ago, Carter said:

What are the chances Trump actually gets a primary challenger? That would be hilarious.

I think a lot stronger than most of us would guess, and I think it's almost promised.

I see it playing out like so.

Dems win the House. We know that's happening.

Dems win the Senate. Statistically, it's a long shot, but 538 has it at a 1 in 3 chance.

They either impeach as soon as Mueller comes back, or they hold up the WH with subpoena after subpoena, stopping any policy from moving forward.

Come 2020, it'll either be the GOP stands behind a guy that they know won't be able to do anything for 4 years, or they try to get an establishment guy in.

12 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I think pretty solid. He's done a pretty good job purging the party of malcontents, but I would frankly expect another round of anti trump conservatives once this current election cycle passes just to test the waters of an unstable presidency. It'll be too big a career opportunity not to entice a few gamblers to go for the king (and probably miss and ruin their current positions).History is full of opportunists willing to cross that Rubicon for a 20% chance at glory and risk everything. 

How he handles it will determine how far they get.

On that note I'm envisioning a Meghan McCain or some **** backed campaign wrecking all holy heII on the RNC 2020 game plan with their civility missles and ABF will groan every minute of it :lol:

SpongeDad likes this

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

They didn't mask their IP.

Rookie mistake. 

They kinda did. That's the hold up. The ties between the ten or so accounts  and the pattern of behavior and what the account tied to those ten or so accounts does now......I wouldn't have banned em off of what was there but they'd be on notice.