Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

136,769 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

We haven't heard anything yet to know whether she's confused or he's lying. Everybody's jumping to a conclusion. If there's a legit investigation, we can find out if she told her friends or parents back in the '80s. Or documented the experience in a diary. Nobody is so political that they'd put their family through this crap just to scuttle a nomination. People always assume that women are willing to lie about famous men, even when they have no logical reason for doing it and there's no reason to believe the men are telling the truth.

The woman making the accusation doesn't even have basic details and witnesses to help her account.   It's like "I want the FBI to piece together what happened because I don't know most of it myself".   #bizzaroworld

If this happened last year, the accuser would need lots more details than what she is providing now on a 36yr old allegation.  And FTR, the accuser admits nothing happened in the account that she gave - she says she "thought" she was going to be raped and maybe killed.  36 years and 6 FBI background checks since then - not one other example of this kind of behavior from Kavanaugh - not one person can corroborate this woman's story - which lacks basic details.

This is a joke.   If you guys weren't liberal and opposed Kavanaugh's nomination to SCOTUS - you would admit the same.

If further details come forward, I reserve right to change my opinion but the accuser has no other corroboration - none - and "if it happened" - it was 36yrs ago - which wouldn't matter IF it happened - but there is no corroborative evidence that it did.   If this woman hired an attorney and took a lie detector test - she should also have lined up her corroborative witnesses as well - she didn't.   This is half-baked - on top of that, DiFi sat on it for 80 days - which could be coordinated - OR not - but the release of this info was 100% a political decision to hold it until just before the vote.

If Dr. Ford wants to speak, let her speak.   Speaking itself means nothing though - but would love to hear her.

27 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Stainless steel grills are my least favorite. I've always liked my grills black, unless it's the egg grill. Does it only come in green?

BGE, to my knowledge yes, but there are others that come in colors (the name escapes me at this moment).

SpongeDad likes this

45 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I still want to buy one of the Tomahawk Ribeyes Sam's sells for dirt cheap (you'd pay $80+ for this in a restaurant)

o.jpg

And it's what you would pay in a store in Switzerland... :(

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

What I know is that the Republicans took over a year to consider a SCOTUS nominee when Scalia died. If you're okay with having eight justices for a year, then you should be okay with taking time to dig in and find the truth. But you're right. Some people are happy with the ends, regardless of the means.

You know that.

Absolutely - waiting until the Presidential Election to fill Scalia seat was political move by Republicans - no doubt.   Of course the DEMS weren't too concerned since Hillary was a shoe-in.

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

Not worth $99. Can't believe they went with the first series non-analog stick controllers <_<

But you can preorder it and then flip it for $200 on ebay this Christmas. 

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Absolutely - waiting until the Presidential Election to fill Scalia seat was political move by Republicans - no doubt.   Of course the DEMS weren't too concerned since Hillary was a shoe-in.

The only thing they've been concerned about 22 months after he won has been to remove him from office. 

g-dawg likes this

4 minutes ago, AF89 said:

That's actually not bad advice from him

What do you think he would have said if she told him “we’re 98% certain” or **** even 100% :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

What do you think he would have said if she told him “we’re 98% certain” or **** even 100% :lol: 

I just mean on the surface of things. If we're about to enter into crippling diplomatic and economic sanctions together and then you come back to me with "only 95% sure we're in the right on this" I'd start getting nervous about what exactly it is your having a reservation about because sounds like she has something in mind.

1 hour ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

For the record, there were a few people blamed for the marla harassed on twitter thing...

I have a TON of people on my ignore list Sponge, Mdrake, Marla, WFW and probably a dozen others

I'll occasionally manually open up some posts from ignored users but usually I'll leave them as ignored, so WTF is going on with Marla and twitter harassment?

No I did no harrass Marla on twitter, and no I'm not going to play 20 questions with it cause I know how a simple "no" to this question could spiral out of control with this crowd.

So sponge and mdrake, wfw, marla if I don't repsond to you it's cause you are on my ignore list and 99% of the time I'm not going to manually view your posts cause it is pretty much pointless.

If I see something referenced by a user I'm not ignoring that seems to call me out or question me like now I'll go back and view the ignored posts to see WTF is going on but under normal circumstances I'm not reading crap from these users.

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I just mean on the surface of things. If we're about to enter into crippling diplomatic and economic sanctions together and then you come back to me with "only 95% sure we're in the right on this" I'd start getting nervous about what exactly it is your having a reservation about because sounds like she has something in mind.

I guess he has different thresholds of acceptable certainty for crippling sanctions depending on who it is.

“How sure are you Iran is following the treaty?”

”How sure are you Israel legally occupies this territory?”

:shrug:

mdrake34 and AF89 like this

9 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I have a TON of people on my ignore list Sponge, Mdrake, Marla, WFW and probably a dozen others

I'll occasionally manually open up some posts from ignored users but usually I'll leave them as ignored, so WTF is going on with Marla and twitter harassment?

No I did no harrass Marla on twitter, and no I'm not going to play 20 questions with it cause I know how a simple "no" to this question could spiral out of control with this crowd.

So sponge and mdrake, wfw, marla if I don't repsond to you it's cause you are on my ignore list and 99% of the time I'm not going to manually view your posts cause it is pretty much pointless.

If I see something referenced by a user I'm not ignoring that seems to call me out or question me like now I'll go back and view the ignored posts to see WTF is going on but under normal circumstances I'm not reading crap from these users.

hF57E0A81

JDaveG, falconsd56, Carter and 2 others like this