Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

100,949 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Why are the Braves on Facebook?

I don't get why MLB doesn't have a streaming service that isn't attached to cable companies and/or doesn't let you watch if you're in the team's broadcast territory in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Has anyone on here said they want to take abortions away? 

Nope...not even sure why you ask.

 

 

Ha anybody here suggested we should put mayo on hotdogs?

Edited by thesouphead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

I don't get why MLB doesn't have a streaming service that isn't attached to cable companies and/or doesn't let you watch if you're in the team's broadcast territory in the first place.

they have one for the minor league...but not for MLB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

And you're not looking at the bigger picture.

You can stop them from being separated, I'm all for it.

But the way the left wants to do that is by doing the things the guy you Twitter posted said:

Stop detention altogether - Um, no

Parole parents - As I said, they disappear and you never see them again...

It's basically open borders and holding no one accountable for breaking the law. That invites MORE of it to happen. 

Why cant you see that connection?

If you had read my posts from the last several days, I agree that immigration needs to be addressed, but that family separation must end immediately, no strings attached. 

The connection I perceive you to be missing is that for a second time now (DACA first) Trump has taken children hostage to get dems to cave in to funding the border wall.  That's not how you fix immigration, or any issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Great American said:

Long discussion on 92.9 The Game this morning about this.  Many believe TV stations will be apps to download in a few short years.     

No baseball game is worth me logging on to that gauntlet and ducking the 600 shared posts from my grandparents and old bosses posting memes about how many white children are killed by undocumented babies a year :ninja:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

The Trump administration's decision to separate families at the border is not Flores.  Trump decided there would be zero tolerance, even for people seeking asylum, and family separations started.

People seeking asylum were told to go to ports of entry. Follow the law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thesouphead said:

they have one for the minor league...but not for MLB?

If you want to watch, say, a Braves game but you're in their broadcast territory then the stream is subject to a blackout. It's unbelievably dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marla_mulder said:

People seeking asylum were told to go to ports of entry. Follow the law.

And numerous accounts have emerged of asylum seekers being turned away from ports of entry.

falconsd56 and HolyMoses like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

You're moving goal posts.  We're talking about stopping the Trump administration policy of separating families at the border.

The Cruz bill...why are the Dems stalling?  It asks for nothing in return, no wall, no funding, just an immediate fix and the rest can be addressed later.   

marla_mulder likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mdrake34 said:

If you had read my posts from the last several days, I agree that immigration needs to be addressed, but that family separation must end immediately, no strings attached. 

The connection I perceive you to be missing is that for a second time now (DACA first) Trump has taken children hostage to get dems to cave in to funding the border wall.  That's not how you fix immigration, or any issue.

Goodlatte and others have introduced "clean" Bill's that would do just that (and Trump supported them). Chuck Schumer has already said he's not interested.

It's not just the GOP...Dems are using this to gaslight and try to get more votes in Nov. It's BOTH sides.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Boner said:

Children are being put into camps, after being ripped from their parents arms, BUT LOOK AT WHAT THIS PERSON SAID ON TWITTER!!!

love the avatar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

People seeking asylum were told to go to ports of entry. Follow the law.

That's what they were doing.

30 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

These people are attempting to apply for asylum at ports of entry but they're being denied from doing that. They're then left with the choice of returning to the situation they're fleeing from or trying to get in some other way, which is leading to their arrests and their children being kidnapped to be used as leverage. This is a situation 100% caused by the Trump administration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

And numerous accounts have emerged of asylum seekers being turned away from ports of entry.

Besides that the law says that you can seek asylum even if you are here illegally.

big_dog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

Goodlatte and others have introduced "clean" Bill's that would do just that (and Trump supported them). Chuck Schumer has already said he's not interested.

It's not just the GOP...Dems are using this to gaslight and try to get more votes in Nov. It's BOTH sides.

Trump doesn't support the increase of immigration judges which is a key part of the Cruz bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

And you're not looking at the bigger picture.

You can stop them from being separated, I'm all for it.

But the way the left wants to do that is by doing the things the guy you Twitter posted said:

Stop detention altogether - Um, no

Parole parents - As I said, they disappear and you never see them again...

It's basically open borders and holding no one accountable for breaking the law. That invites MORE of it to happen. 

Why cant you see that connection?

Well said Marla.  Basically the left wants to kick the can down the road and keep the open border policy.  This needs to stop now, fix it, come up with an immigration reform bill, stop playing politics and congress solve a dayum problem instead of creating more of them.

marla_mulder likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

And numerous accounts have emerged of asylum seekers being turned away from ports of entry.

I haven't done the research, so I cant say for sure, but hasn't that always been the case? I assume we dont grant asylum to everyone in every case. Now, if they're not accepting people on a large scale who would normally qualify, okay. If not, it's taking something that has always happened and suddenly demanding it must be changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

Trump doesn't support the increase of immigration judges which is a key part of the Cruz bill.

Yes, I see you read the link I gave you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marla_mulder said:

I haven't done the research, so I cant say for sure, but hasn't that always been the case?

No, because it's legal under both US and international law to seek political asylum if you meet the requirements, some of which Sessions greatly curtailed recently, like no longer allowing women fleeing domestic violence to seek asylum on those grounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

That's what they were doing.

I'll ask you the same as drake - have we ALWAYS granted asylum to every single person requesting it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Soup kept swinging hard and finally connected. Good on you, sir. 

Now stop watching Maddow.

Demonstrate why I shouldn't...and maybe I will.

 

until then...don't @ me.    or whatever that means.

big_dog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

 

What if Kellyanne has her husband's twitter password and write all of his tweets, and forgot to switch accounts :ninja:

AF89 and HolyMoses like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now