Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

101,363 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

tumblr_mbfv5xgDfo1qm44fco1_400.gif

Time out:

”WH believes this would put Dems on the defensive”

Is this a legit source/position?

FFS.  “We might undo a horrific, unconscionable, evil thing we did because, even though we are horrific, unconscionable, and evil, we might rather own the libs.”

NewFalcon and Leon Troutsky like this

21 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

If he does it, here's exactly what will happen - despite claiming he couldn't fix it, and congress alone could fix it, he will then further gaslight his base and claim moral victory for doing what congress, specifically the democrats, refused to do, to try to save face.  And millions of people will buy it without question.

Just now, HolyMoses said:

Time out:

”WH believes this would put Dems on the defensive”

Is this a legit source/position?

FFS.  “We might undo a horrific, unconscionable, evil thing we did because, even though we are horrific, unconscionable, and evil, we might rather own the libs.”

I spoke to this, yes.

HolyMoses likes this

23 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

You're not here to "just have a conversation." You show up out of the blue, trying to make snarky, condescending points, clearly armed with some knowledge (Obama detained immigrants as well), but not all of the knowledge (Obama didn't separate families like Trump expressly directed), and then demand that we educate you, while continuing to take snarky pot shots at us.

That's not how conversations work.

Lol.  Demand.  Yea.  When you watch as people are under a perpetual state of exasperation it becomes comical.  I do come here sometimes and try to have a conversation, but generally get hounded away because I tend not to sign up to the groupthink around here.  The fever pitch with which Trumps critics continually operate is a, well, funny.  It’s like watching a self righteos person storm off iba huff over someone using harsh language. 

marla_mulder likes this

7 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

Lol.  Demand.  Yea.  When you watch as people are under a perpetual state of exasperation it becomes comical.  I do come here sometimes and try to have a conversation, but generally get hounded away because I tend not to sign up to the groupthink around here.  The fever pitch with which Trumps critics continually operate is a, well, funny.  It’s like watching a self righteos person storm off iba huff over someone using harsh language. 

Also, I understand the concern for the ~2000 children separated from their families.  It seems that something will be done about that situation.   What about the ~10,000 children who arrived without adults.  Is it useful to care about them?

= /

mdrake34 likes this

6 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

I combat the groupthink everyday. They are for the most part an uncontrollable mob if you don't agree with them.

FF, you are welcome here anytime you want as you always add to the conversation imho.

13 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

@marla_mulder & @WhenFalconsWin

I want to hear you publicly say that Lewandowski is the scum of the earth and should be handed over to Sponge, deep in the woods where no one can hear him scream.

Okay....why? 

It's a sincere question... I haven't kept up with the news as much the last few days. (Or this thread)

2 hours ago, big_dog said:

@marla_mulder   Your  @WhenFalconsWin  has shown his arse several times over the last hour or so. Please read his posts and the many slams he received from members. I'd be curious as to how many of his blatant horrific thoughts on this matter you would actually "Like" ?  Be honest and don't just give him the support he desperately needs right now as he loses pathetically. ;)

I'm not gonna read the 20 pages I missed since yesterday. People slam him and me every day...nothing new.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

The outrage that you guys feel about the children in custody is the same outrage conservatives feel about children being killed jn mass abortions but you basically respond with the same womp womp it's her right to kill a baby. Children are children regardless of their age or the legality of their mistreatment. 

1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

I'm not gonna read the 20 pages I missed since yesterday. People slam him and me every day...nothing new.

Nothing new just a different day of you and I standing up for what we believe in. 

If you don't follow the groupthink around here you are just God awful people...NOT

marla_mulder likes this

52 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

@marla_mulder

I am not yelling at you. I am not calling you a name. I am not demanding you condemn something. I am simply sharing an expert’s opinion on why the conditions you discussed, such as the super hero murals, don’t do any good from a medical standpoint. 

I have never, not once, said I agree with taking kids from their parents.

The majority of these children were unaccompanied and HAVE to have somewhere to stay. Trying to have child centric murals, trips, and other activities for the kids is better than holding them in a steel cage like a prison. 

I dont think that's a difficult concept to comprehend, personally. I read yesterday that we're spending 35k per child. How many countries would do that? I dont support separating kids when unnecessary, but we do have to have somewhere to keep them when they are separated.

As I told someone last night, I'm somewhere in between "open borders and amnesty for all" and "yanking children from their mothers' arms."

If you had listened to me a few days ago, you would know that.

We cant separate families, but I'm not okay with rewarding people who have no regard for our laws....it encourages more violation of those laws.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, War Eagle Falcon said:

The outrage that you guys feel about the children in custody is the same outrage conservatives feel about children being killed jn mass abortions but you basically respond with the same womp womp it's her right to kill a baby. Children are children regardless of their age or the legality of their mistreatment. 

So... take care of a clump of cells, cause "all life is precious", but screw kids once their born?

FTR, I know you're on the right side of the child separation policy, but a lot of Rs are not...

Edited by Optimus_Cr1m35
falconsd56 likes this

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Nothing new just a different day of you and I standing up for what we believe in. 

If you don't follow the groupthink around here you are just God awful people...NOT

That's the problem....people with different degrees of disagreement are just labeled "bad" now. Does nothing to help anything.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Just now, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

So... take care of a clump of cells, cause "all life is precious", but screw kids once their born?

Nope that's not my position at all.  But great job of what about ism

4 minutes ago, War Eagle Falcon said:

They're saying they feel it now (because of Trump) but this has been happening through several administrations, I just don't remember the same outrage before.

8 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Not when it concerns young children being held hostage for a wall. Start late and work your way backwards. He's off base just to stay politically one sided. Get real.

HolyMoses likes this