McDaniels Staying in NE

49 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Florio has Schwartz as one of his guesses as a target for the Colts along with a name familiar to Falcon fans.

===============================

For now, it’s not known who they are. Possibilities (in our view, with no inside information for now) include Chiefs special-teams coordinator Dave Toub, Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich, Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, and former Falcons and Seahawks coach Jim Mora.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/06/who-will-the-colts-interview/

I’d go with DeFillippo.  What he did with the Eagles qb’s the last 2 years is incredible

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

How many games have the Colts won in the past 3 years?  Winning in a big way heals almost any wound.

Really? The same Irsay who threw shade on Peyton Manning after he went to Denver is gonna have a good working relationship with Bill Belichick? Not likely. 

How much control would he allow Belichick? Would Irsay grant him the same power he has in New England? I'm sure they would butt heads there on those types of issues.

Winning also has a way of inflating egos and stoking arrogance. 

12 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Seems like something Petrino would do. Hard to see any team but New England hiring him as their head coach.

I agree.  Clearly, a promise was made to McDaniels by the vindictive dark lord, Kraft.    

Personally, I would consider McDaniels radioactive.  I would not consider him for any position.  A man that gives his word to a team and backs out at the last second is not an honorable man.  

I don't care what was promised to him, after he gave his word to the Colts, he should have stood fast and honored his commitment.  McDaniels is scum, in my book.     

11 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Screw McDaniels. Shady as **** especially to the assistants that already agreed to the job. They have families and careers as well   

Sadly some college team will pay him tons of money if he fails as a HC. Look at Pigtrino or Kiffin. 

I agree 100%.  Watch McDaniels eventually fail as a NFL HC.  He will end up coaching Louisville.  

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I remember how bad so many of you wanted him here. I wanted no part of this guy, he's a jerk and a half. I don't care, he just is. He proves it for me time and again. I seriously would have stopped watching pro football for a while. This guy. Just no. The Colts dodged a bullet too.

images-12.jpeg.6395687e0e535160be7f64b89a0387cf.jpeg

I second that....

12 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Seems like something Petrino would do. Hard to see any team but New England hiring him as their head coach.

This is my problem with Patriots' succession plan; it's saying **** you Rooney Rule... The Raiders did it and got away with it. Rooney Rule is a sham anyway, teams do it just for the sake of compliance.

4 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

More evidence that McDaniels is the new Petrino.

==================================================

Spoke with several members of what was supposed to be McDaniels’ Indy coaching staff. They have not heard from Josh McDaniels regarding the change of heart. Just as blindsided as the rest of us. #Colts

Colts should have known better. 

1 minute ago, Tandy said:

I don't think it would have mattered.   McDaniels has been a head coach before - and Shanahan hasn't.   It wasn't just about the guaranteed millions he's getting.

Agreed....San Fran was actually perfect situation for a young 1st time Head Coach....nowhere to go but up.