McDaniels Staying in NE

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

This is actually disgusting. I feel terrible for the Colts. Completely ridiculous if the NFL lets this happen without serious penalty to the Patriots. Not even kidding. No past history or anything. It's just wrong.

Exactly,  how does NFL not intervene on this when prior deal  was as per NFLs protocol?

Now, why would ANY of superbowl participant clubs allow their coordinators to be interviewed prior Superbowl and cause a distraction?

Just now, Doctor Kildare said:

If there was an agreement to the point the announcement was made, it sounds like tampering with another team's head coach.

That’s a good point... but would be hard to prove. Pretty much would have to have some kind of hard proof they offered him after he had signed his contract. We all know how the patriots fam will destroy a phone/evidence. 

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

What could they do to the patriots? They didn’t break any rules... McDaniels on the other hand, if he had signed his contract, he’s probably subject to litigation. 

Ya just my gut reaction. If he gave his word and was going through the motions of getting a staff together then bailed?

Just call me Salty over Petrino quitting on this team mid-2007 season. Granted that I'm thankful Smith and Troff since happened...

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Ya just my gut reaction. If he gave his word and was going through the motions of getting a staff together then bailed?

Just call me Salty over Petrino quitting on this team mid-2007 season. Granted that I'm thankful Smith and Troff since happened...

One of the other guys made a good point... it would be tampering if they offered him anything after he was officially their coach. That could be hard to prove. 

20 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Ehh, it could happen but I don't see it. Has a SB winning coach ever been a GM immediately following a coaching career? Just can't see him being willing to give Josh the keys to his car & saying, "I'll keep it running, you just drive."

I believe Tom Coughlin with Jacksonville.

6 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

One of the other guys made a good point... it would be tampering if they offered him anything after he was officially their coach. That could be hard to prove. 

If the league can’t get the Patriots, they can definitely get McDaniel for not honoring the agreement; it’s his signature on the dotted lines.

24 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

All the Colts ever announced was that he'd agreed to terms, so I'm pretty sure it was not yet official.  Also...

3 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

I'll laugh my arse off if BB decides to hang them up at the same time Brady retires.

Then McDaniels will be the proud head coach of a dumpster fire.... like the Colts were Manning's last year there when he didn't play.