Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ssj5gal

Hold off on Ryan’s extension

236 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2018 at 10:29 PM, ssj5gal said:

Got back ups winning the Super Bowl. It’s all about coaching. 

No amount of coaching could turn Paul Worrilow and Joplo Bartu into Dieon Jones and De'Vondre Campbell. Why do people think it will work at QB?

Nick Foles was very good in the NFL before he was ever bad. Somehow that gets lost in the analysis here.

Coaching only matters when the talent is sufficient.

NFL franchises across the country will be grasping for QBs who are not as good as Foles this off season. Do you want to join them? Which notable FA or rookie draft pick are you willing to pin the Falcons hopes on?

24 minutes ago, falcndave said:

No amount of coaching could turn Paul Worrilow and Joplo Bartu into Dieon Jones and De'Vondre Campbell. Why do people think it will work at QB?

Nick Foles was very good in the NFL before he was ever bad. Somehow that gets lost in the analysis here.

NFL franchises across the country will be grasping for QBs who are not as good as Foles this off season. Do you want to join them? Which notable FA or rookie draft pick are you willing to pin the Falcons hopes on?

Anyone who says hold off on extending Ryan doesn't want this team to win its that pure and simple.They pretend saving all this money there going to roll in the 2nd coming of Moses to part the Red Sea to get to the promised land.

I find it laughable.

6 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

He had a whole season behind him not the last three games, he played well the whole time and the coaches adapted to his strengths making his play calls best suited for him.  

You are correct sir! For some dumb reason I thought he came in without any experience running that offense. When you get my age....you forget Chit! LOL

federicofalcon2 likes this

6 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Meth is one helluva drug. Must have hallucinations of Joey Harrington and Byron Leftwich tearing up the league last 10 years. 

Man don't make me relive that! Don't you put that on me Ricky Bobby! :lol:

falcons007 and Ergo Proxy like this

7 hours ago, falcndave said:

Jay Cutler btw:lol:

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Anyone who says hold off on extending Ryan doesn't want this team to win its that pure and simple.They pretend saving all this money there going to roll in the 2nd coming of Moses to part the Red Sea to get to the promised land.moses-2Bstop-2Bit-2Bcartoon.jpg

I find it laughable.

kiwifalcon likes this

On 2/4/2018 at 10:29 PM, ssj5gal said:

Got back ups winning the Super Bowl. It’s all about coaching. 

Agree. For years people been saying that Matt Ryan needed a top-10 defense to succeed. Well he got that this year and he still choked. What other excuse will people give Ryan for underperforming? You got backup quarterbacks (Nick Foles)out there doing what our MVP quarterback failed to do last year, with a lead for most of the game.

15 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

You are correct sir! For some dumb reason I thought he came in without any experience running that offense. When you get my age....you forget Chit! LOL

LOL no worries.  I remember that season because, alas, that was the last year i was....(gasp)....a Patriots fan. lol My favorite player was Drew Bledsoe and hated Tom Brady for overtaking him, lol.  But, he did come from almost nothing to do well in that offense.  He set the league on fire that year, hoping he was going to be a one year wonder, but shucks didnt work out. LMAO

Wardog357 likes this

13 hours ago, Rod23 said:

Agree. For years people been saying that Matt Ryan needed a top-10 defense to succeed. Well he got that this year and he still choked. What other excuse will people give Ryan for underperforming? You got backup quarterbacks (Nick Foles)out there doing what our MVP quarterback failed to do last year, with a lead for most of the game.

So, if Ryan choked against the Eagles and Foles as you claim, the same must be said about Brady.  His fumble absolutely killed any momentum NE had going and he didn't win against Foles either.  And PLEASE bring up Brady's stats in the Super Bowl because I have an entire list of Ryan's achievements that have him top 15 in NFL History in almost every relevant QB stat.

3 hours ago, coastiemike said:

So, if Ryan choked against the Eagles and Foles as you claim, the same must be said about Brady.  His fumble absolutely killed any momentum NE had going and he didn't win against Foles either.  And PLEASE bring up Brady's stats in the Super Bowl because I have an entire list of Ryan's achievements that have him top 15 in NFL History in almost every relevant QB stat.

Brady super bowl stat: 5 rings

Matt Ryan super bowl stat: 0 rings

3 hours ago, coastiemike said:

How about this stat

Backup QB Nick Foles Super bowl stat: 1 ring

MVP QB Matt Ryan Super Bowl stat: 0 ring

45 minutes ago, Rod23 said:

How about this stat

Get out of here with team stats. Foles has been a starter in this league. Don't act like he's Doug Johnson or Tony Graziano.

Matt Ryan may NEVER win a SB and he'd be the best thing that ever happened to this franchise at the QB position. 

Drew4719, Vandy and HASHBROWN3 like this

2 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Get out of here with team stats. Foles has been a starter in this league. Don't act like he's Doug Johnson or Tony Graziano.

Matt Ryan may NEVER win a SB and he'd be the best thing that ever happened to this franchise at the QB position. 

So your satisfied with a decent QB who always come up short when it matters most? Ok, you can have that cause that's a loser mentality. Give me the QB with a super bowl ring.

2 hours ago, Rod23 said:

So your satisfied with a decent QB who always come up short when it matters most? Ok, you can have that cause that's a loser mentality. Give me the QB with a super bowl ring.

Matty isn't 'decent' ... he's far above 'decent'. This is a team game, and his lack of a SB ring isn't from lack of talent.  All you have to do is consider people like Trent Dilfer and Jeff Hostetler having a ring, and people like Dan Fouts and Dan Marino not to understand pure talent does not get you a SB ring.

Last postseason Matt threw 9TDs against ZERO Ints. His SB QB rating was 144.1 against one of the greatest defensive minds in NFL history. Get out of here with 'decent'.

Vick may have been then most talented QB we ever had, and he never made it to the SB. I wouldn't have wanted him to leave either except for the dumb life decisions he made. When you get a true franchise caliber QB you don't let them go. We let Bart go when I was a kid and we started Turk Schonert the rest of the season. Turk Schonert.

If we already had some can't miss phenom QB already waiting in the wings maybe just maybe you could possibly consider something else, but we don't. It's stupidity to even consider it. 

2 hours ago, Rod23 said:

Posts like this tell me everything I need to know about your fandom and/or football IQ.

6 hours ago, Rod23 said:

How about this stat

So by that logic, Foles is better than Marino, Kelly, Fouts, Tarkenton, and every QB before 1966?  I’m guessing by that logic, Foles is on the same level as Rogers, Favre, and every other QB that has one ring?

Ergo Proxy likes this

On 2/6/2018 at 6:22 PM, 7979 said:

There was a reason the eagles paid $12 mil. for a backup QB.

Hold off on Ryans extension...................

52 years of spotty consistent QB play until Ryan got here.

Hold off on Ryans extension..................

Your world, I'm just living in it!

People forget we had Brent Farve as our backup.. He was in our system and we let him go

52 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Posts like this tell me everything I need to know about your fandom and/or football IQ.

Tries to calculate winning a SB chances; does my QB have a ring? If not checked, sell entire draft for a QB with a ring N O W. There, I feel better at least. My therapist said to try it and see if it helped. Still waiting to see if we'll automatically win a SB...can we trade his ring in for next year's? Does it work that way?:shrug::ninja:

Falconsfan567 and Drew4719 like this