Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ssj5gal

Hold off on Ryan’s extension

236 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, nomak said:

Under the best coach ever.  Brady is great with Bill, but how would Brady be with the Browns?

True to the point, but would the Browns have even used Brady?:lol::tiphat:

:ninja:

16 hours ago, Jesus said:

Is Nick Foles gonna be on the cover of Madden's next year?

He should he earned it....honestly I couldn' imagine what Wentz is feeling right now deep down.

20 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

He should he earned it....honestly I couldn' imagine what Wentz is feeling right now deep down.

my money is on Aaron Donald 

23 hours ago, NUPE said:

Well let’s get rid of Julio because he obviously did it without a star wr

Gronk is used as a stud WR in that he is the #1 option for Brady.  B Cooks, Amendola, Hogan, you know a bunch of scrubs.

jay1k2 and kschreck like this

23 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Answer me this OP, who is starting and going to be Philly's long term QB next year? Wentz or Foles?

I bet you its going to be Wentz.

Foles baby he won the super bowl 

Super Bowl rings by HOF QBs since I'm in the mood to close down this thread in fine fashion.

• Tom Brady = 5
  • Terry Bradshaw = 4
  • Joe Montanta = 4
  • Troy Aikman = 3
  • John Elway = 2
  • Bob Griese = 2
  • Peyton Manning = 2
  • Bart Starr = 2 (3 more championships prior to the Super Bowl era)
  • Roger Staubach = 2
  • Drew Brees = 1
  • Len Dawson = 1
  • Brett Favre = 1
  • Joe Namath = 1
  • Aaron Rodgers = 1
  • Ken Stabler = 1
  • Johnny Unitas = 1
  • Kurt Warner = 1
  • Steve Young = 1

So by my count, that's 35 of the 52 Super Bowls won by HOF QBs. If Eli Manning makes the HOF, which he's most likely to do, that number jumps to 37 of 52. Jim Plunkett won 2 Super Bowls during his career but somehow is not in even though he should be. He could eventually make it in. That would jump the number up to 39 of 52. So what do these numbers tell us? Your chances of winning the Super Bowl are dramatically increased with a HOF QB leading the way. Check mate. Thanks for playing!!

Geneaut, Borat, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

23 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Where was it in 4th quarter?

2x - 2 point conversions allowed! 

ZERO POINTS scored  for over QUARTER and few mins.

And pathetic play calling by H.C cost us the game.

Like I said coaching 

23 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Foles had some good passes tonight, he put several balls right on the money in tough covered.. I don't see Ryan being anymore accurate than Foles has been in the playoffs.. Ryan just takes more sacks 

"Ryan just takes more sacks" ---- BINGO!!!  Foles wasn't sacked at all.....but, how many times was Ryan sacked last year in the SB???  Obviously, the same problems carried over to 2017, too.  And if we don't get some serious help on the O-line, it's gonna be the same ol' song and dance again this upcoming season ---- just wait and see... 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

9 hours ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

I found it kinda classless when Pedersen said in front of Foles after winning the Super Bowl that the Eagles were Wentz's team.. Didn't seem to bother Foles but didn't see a point of saying that right after the game 

I don't think you need to hold off.  Tell me why something around 3 years and 60 million isn't good enough.  I keep hearing about Alex Smith and his deal setting the market.  I think Ryan should be extended.  I don't think the extension should go past age 36.  Everyone seem to think the new timeline is for QBs to play until 40 or beyond.  There is no guarantee that will happen for Ryan, despite the fact that he has been pretty healthy.  They should at least leave themselves an out in the extension.  

2 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

Yeah, by all means let Ryan test the market and possibly leave. Let's create a huge, gaping hole in the roster going forward. I'm sure that everything would work out fine.

Not to mention destroy the team's chemistry.

I swear some of the posters on this board must've only been here since about 2012.  You and I remember the days when having a half-decent quarterback was just a dream.  I remember people debating  whether Byron Sandwich or Joey Harrington was going to take us to the promised land.  Lmfao.

If you've sat through a live Falcon's game in which Billy Joe 'Overthrow' Tolliver was our starting QB then you'd rightly understand some of us telling you to get out of Dodge with these threads.

Ryan is going to get paid. He's going to get paid by the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League. Wrap your mind around it.

Marco102 likes this

9 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I found it kinda classless when Pedersen said in front of Foles after winning the Super Bowl that the Eagles were Wentz's team.. Didn't seem to bother Foles but didn't see a point of saying that right after the game 

Yeah that would have rubbed me the wrong way if I'm foles..like I just played the game of my life and I just won you a super bowl and you turn around and do that..no respect.but good for foles though like dude played the best game of his career and I hope he continues it next year.i can't root against the guy.

Ergo Proxy likes this

On 2/4/2018 at 8:19 PM, Wardog357 said:

Tom won his first SB coming in as a back up as well.

He had a whole season behind him not the last three games, he played well the whole time and the coaches adapted to his strengths making his play calls best suited for him.  

1 hour ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Yeah that would have rubbed me the wrong way if I'm foles..like I just played the game of my life and I just won you a super bowl and you turn around and do that..no respect.but good for foles though like dude played the best game of his career and I hope he continues it next year.i can't root against the guy.

Thats the way it is with business.  Im sure that they are grateful for what Foles did.  But you know how media works.  Will there be a controversy now that Foles did so well?  By stating that this is Wentz's team he has told everyone that there is no question.  Foles understands this.  It's why he signed with them as a backup.  It's how most players who are signed as a backup are to understand.  You are number 2 unless something happens to the starter, then you get to come in and play and if and when starter comes back, you go back to being number 2.  It's business.  If personal feelings get tied into it then there would be 1000x more issues than there already are.  The only time I can think of when a number 2 got to stay on after number 1 came back was Tom Brady after Bledsoe got injured.  Up until this year Foles hadn't been playing very well as a starter the past few times he was given the chance.  But, this offense adapted to his strengths and he took full advantage.   I'm not saying he isn't capable of being a starter, and he did play very well this postseason.  But the coach stating this is Carson's team is not disrespect.  Foles knows it no matter how much they appreciate him winning the SB.

11 hours ago, caver50 said:

One of them has to go.

I think that is dependent on what Foles wants to do.  If he is comfortable being the backup for his money after already winning a SB, plus this team has a really good chance to repeat with their roster, he may just stay.  He was already contemplating retiring before the season started, why not consider staying especially with the chance that Wentz might not be ready for season opener?  I think it would be in his best interest.  He has been a starter already in this league and will make money no matter where he goes, but this team conceivably can only get better if not just as good as last year.  He reduces the risk of injury and is the best option for PHI should anything happen to CW.  On top of that anywhere he goes, he would have to learn a new offense again and possibly adjust with new players and depending on where he is traded to the competition will be very different.  Denver and Minnesota are IMO his best options, but those two teams offer vaguely different approaches.  DEN will be rebuilding their roster due to high salaries with certain players, while MIN will be playing PHI again should they make the playoffs.  I just think staying put gives him the best chance to make sure all goes well for him,