Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

Espn’s Take on how the Falcons lose on the Alex Smith/Kirk cousins trade and contract deal

120 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, athell said:

Do your own homework, I'm getting sick of cleaning up your incorrect takes.

Fortunately research is my job, so I am pretty good at it.

Since your quote actually comes from an article about the legal tampering period, which starts in March, I am surprised you are sticking to your guns on this.

What is the "Legal Tampering Period"

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Like I said, do your homework.  Until then, stop posting.  You clearly are not understanding and just spreading your own misunderstandings onto others.

Uh...no.

Just now, Peyton said:

Read your own sources man.  I did.

lol

Let's revisit this when Denver is not penalized when they officially announce the signing of Kirk Cousins, shall we?

23 minutes ago, athell said:

lol

Let's revisit this when Denver is not penalized when they officially announce the signing of Kirk Cousins, shall we?

I predicted he would sign with Denver too but doesn't change the fact that they can't negotiate with him right now.

Just now, Peyton said:

I predicted he would sign with Denver way back on page 1.  Doesn't change the fact that they can't negotiate with him right now.

omg I give up

23 hours ago, falcons007 said:

100% agreed. 

Cousins reminds me more of Eli Manning, makes some great plays followed by some boneheaded mistakes. TC did manage Eli to win couple of SB with his defense in NY. 

True but wasn't Eli two-time Super Bowl MVP?  He wasn't just riding the D.

1 minute ago, athell said:

omg I give up

I linked your own source which showed you were wrong.  I'm not sure what it is you are still trying to convince yourself of.  The quote you gave refers to a very specific period of time that starts on March 12th.  You could just admit you didn't read it and still maintain your own perceived intellectual authority.  It's all good.

Just now, Peyton said:

I linked your own source which showed you were wrong.  I'm not sure what it is you are still trying to convince yourself of.  The quote you gave refers to a very specific period of time that starts on March 12th.  You could just admit you didn't read it and still maintain your own perceived intellectual authority.  It's all good.

lol

no

I'm done with these reply wars with you man, these haven't been a good couple days for you.  What's funny about your intellectual authority comment is the more you post the more you prove it.

Bye Felicia.

1 minute ago, athell said:

lol

no

I'm done with these reply wars with you man, these haven't been a good couple days for you.  What's funny about your intellectual authority comment is the more you post the more you prove it.

Bye Felicia.

so cute

53 minutes ago, octoslash said:

True but wasn't Eli two-time Super Bowl MVP?  He wasn't just riding the D.

Eli has never won a playoff game when his D gave up more than 21 points. The 2007 and 2011 Giants D in playoffs were top notch. Eli just had to manage the game and make enough plays. The GB game in 2011 was probably his best playoff game. 

athell likes this

@Peyton - You are correct, they are not "allowed" to negotiate with a soon-to-be FA. 

@athell - You are correct, there are fairly credible rumors swirling that some measure of contact/communication/negotiation has already occurred. 

Let it go. I dont want to have to lock this thread because one of you doesnt want to acknowledge that teams skate around tampering rules all the time and the other one of you isnt treating rumor as fact. 

Stop. 

3 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

@Peyton - You are correct, they are not "allowed" to negotiate with a soon-to-be FA. 

@athell - You are correct, there are fairly credible rumors swirling that some measure of contact/communication/negotiation has already occurred. 

Let it go. I dont want to have to lock this thread because one of you doesnt want to acknowledge that teams skate around tampering rules all the time and the other one of you isnt treating rumor as fact. 

Stop. 

I can't see what I've done anything out of line or been wrong about any facts in this thread. Not sure why I'm getting a lecture. It's all good. I understand the title is moderator. I appreciate it's a hard job.

2 hours ago, Peyton said:

If that is the case, the Broncos are going to get in a lot of trouble.  The Redskins still own his rights and they can slap a transition tag or franchise tag on him and negotiate a trade.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Colin-Cowherd-reports-Broncos-close-to-deal-with-Kirk-Cousins-114466121/Amp

Who cares?

The NFL is an artificial universe. Their rules are arbitrary only to themselves. If the league cared about this stuff as much as the fans do then they would sure be busy at the league office.

PHALCONABERNATHY likes this

23 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Who cares?

The NFL is an artificial universe. Their rules are arbitrary only to themselves. If the league cared about this stuff as much as the fans do then they would sure be busy at the league office.

I think the league cares.  Last year they took away a 3rd and 6th round pick from the KC Chiefs for talking to Jeremy Maclin directly during the legal tampering period.

That's a pretty stiff penalty for not caring.

falcons007 likes this