Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

Espn’s Take on how the Falcons lose on the Alex Smith/Kirk cousins trade and contract deal

120 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Peyton said:

I don't think Kirk Cousins will go to Cleveland even if they offer him the highest contract by 5 million dollars a year. I'm not a huge Kirk Cousins fan, but one thing about the guy, I really think the guy wants to win.

he and every other player would go to Cleveland for above market value. how do you think the jags got to the level they did last season? overpaying talented guys to come to your team and build a winner. it's just how It's done these days. it only takes a couple of good offseasons to go from a perennial loser to a divisio champ and playoff team.

4 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

he and every other player would go to Cleveland for above market value. how do you think the jags got to the level they did last season? overpaying talented guys to come to your team and build a winner. it's just how It's done these days. it only takes a couple of good offseasons to go from a perennial loser to a divisio champ and playoff team.

Guaranteed Cleveland makes a run at Cousins. They’ll throw whatever he wants at him.

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

$30,000,000 seems like a lot.  But it’s not my money so **** it.

Thinking outside the box here.  This only applies if we have a qb who we absolutely love. Sign Ryan, trade him & our 1st rd pick to Cleveland for both 1st round picks & their 2nd.   Draft your qb of the future.  I love Ryan and don’t want him gone.  But use your GM hat for a second.  It lengthens our window by a decade if we hit on the qb.  Opens up CAP for our soon to be FA’s on defense.  Would Cleveland give up both 1st round picks?  And who would we pick at #10.

Downside: we can win a title with Ryan next year.  I’d still stick with ‘The Mattural’ 

If we hit, if not back to the 80’s. That’s how you become Cleveland. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

16 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

If we hit, if not back to the 80’s. That’s how you become Cleveland. 

LOL...I know.  That’s why nobody pays me to make franchise altering decisions.  If you are wrong, it’s scorched earth.  Everybody is fired.

8 minutes ago, shanep said:

a lucrative, but necessary, contract extension for matt ryan is coming soon ,gotta say,he deserves it.

Merging with existing thread.  I'd at least put a bit more substance than a simple sentence next time

15 hours ago, Jesus said:

Nor should his deal be in the same realm of Ryan and Rodgers. Some team will over pay for him for sure but it seems crazy to think he will get more than the other three.

Other 3? It's several before him....now he has earned a fat check but I really hope they don't get crazy...

2 hours ago, Mega Flare said:

In a few years, extending Matt Ryan now will feel like a big mistake.

Lol wut...man this place is like the twilight zone sometimes

14 hours ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Well the way Cleveland drafts it probably is the only way they can build a winner.  But if Kirk Cousins couldn't win in Washington, he's not going to win in Cleveland either.

14 hours ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Guaranteed Cleveland makes a run at Cousins. They’ll throw whatever he wants at him.

Denver is finalizing a deal with Cousins.  He is going to be with the Broncos next year.

20 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Denver is finalizing a deal with Cousins.  He is going to be with the Broncos next year.

Denver can't even talk to Cousins until March 12th, so if they are finalizing a deal right now, they are going to be losing some draft picks lol.

21 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Denver can't even talk to Cousins until March 12th, so if they are finalizing a deal right now, they are going to be losing some draft picks lol.

It was announced on the Herd yesterday.  Done deal.  It’s why Talib will be let go.  Formal announcement will be made on 12th.  But it’s just a formality

athell likes this

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It was announced on the Herd yesterday.  Done deal.  It’s why Talib will be let go.  Formal announcement will be made on 12th.  But it’s just a formality

If that is the case, the Broncos are going to get in a lot of trouble.  The Redskins still own his rights and they can slap a transition tag or franchise tag on him and negotiate a trade.

Falcons Kicker, Matt Bryant deserves to be the highest paid Falcon. He is the most reliable, and scored more points than any Falcon.

31 minutes ago, Peyton said:

If that is the case, the Broncos are going to get in a lot of trouble.  The Redskins still own his rights and they can slap a transition tag or franchise tag on him and negotiate a trade.

Not if Kirk's agent is doing the negotiating and communicating with Denver.  Agent has full reign to speak with anyone, so long as the player does not.

Not to mention they could be working a sign and trade with Denver.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

32 minutes ago, athell said:

Not if Kirk's agent is doing the negotiating and communicating with Denver.  Agent has full reign to speak with anyone, so long as the player does not.

Not to mention they could be working a sign and trade with Denver.

The Agent can't talk to Denver yet without talking to Washington first. Textbook tampering.

Your second point is true.

4 minutes ago, Peyton said:

The Agent can't talk to Denver yet without talking to Washington first. Textbook tampering.

Your second point is true.

False.

"A free agent is not permitted to visit with a team other than their current team. Furthermore, a player cannot be in contact with a team that is not their own. Only the agent can communicate on the player's behalf during this period. If a player acts as his own agent, he's out of luck."

FalconsIn2012 likes this

6 minutes ago, athell said:

False.

"A free agent is not permitted to visit with a team other than their current team. Furthermore, a player cannot be in contact with a team that is not their own. Only the agent can communicate on the player's behalf during this period. If a player acts as his own agent, he's out of luck."

Link me to the source so I can understand the context.

1 minute ago, Peyton said:

The quote you gave refers to the legal tampering period, which doesn't start until March 12th, like I said.

Like I said, do your homework.  Until then, stop posting.  You clearly are not understanding and just spreading your own misunderstandings onto others.