Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ike barn87987

LT Austin Corbett

16 posts in this topic

Two offensive linemen continue to grab headlines in the scouting community after splendid performances at the Senior Bowl.

Austin Corbett of Nevada had a dominant week in Mobile, and his versatility has pushed him into the second day of the draft. As we reported, Corbett dominated just about everybody at center, guard and right tackle. Depending on what they do in free agency, the Seattle Seahawks are one of the teams that could target Corbett in the second round.

http://draftanalyst.com/tuesday-draft-notes-–-senior-bowl-finale

Slappywhite likes this

I really really like Corbett in the 2nd if we go DT 1st. He just needs to cut back on some of the cut blocking. He has that mean streak and plays thru the whistle.

Corbett in the 2nd would be a dream. I love the idea of taking college LTs and moving them to guard. It gives you a better pass blocker and athlete to work with normally. And the outside zone scheme needs the better athletes and doesn't focus too much on pass blocking abilities. So it's a win-win.

Summerhill and Slappywhite like this

Theirs alot to like about Corbett and whats even better is most mocks i have seen and where people have him ranked is in the late 3rd to early 4th as of right now.  That would be crazy to get a guy of his talent in the 3rd round if we are that lucky.

Twenty two teams are on hand for Nevada pro day, which is getting underway, including five offensive line coaches.  Just about all the teams in Reno are in attendance for one player.

Offensive line coaches from the New York Jets, Carolina Panthers, Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Rams and Seattle Seahawks are at Nevada pro day to watch offensive lineman Austin Corbett.

We grade Corbett as a second round prospect and he’s done well in the post season performing brilliantly at the Senior Bowl then turning in a top notch combine workout.  Today he will only participate in position drills today and will rest on his numbers from Indianapolis.

The versatile offensive lineman will be interviewing with each of the offensive line coaches on hand.  During our Senior Bowl coverage we mentioned Corbett being a day two target for the Seahawks.

* Please help support Draft Analyst by visiting our sponsors- thank you.

Update

The forty yard dashes at Nevada were run in miserable conditions, as seen on a video I posted on twitter, unless of course you are a cross country skier.

The position drills for Corbett were done on a little turf area inside the schools weight facility.  Corbett was run through about 30 minutes of drills and looked solid.  The college tackle is projected to guard or center at the next level (we presently grade Corbett as our #4 offensive guard).

His calendar is packed with workouts and official visits.  Next week alone Corbett will work out for theTampa Bay Bucs, Tennessee Titans, Cincinnati Bengals and Dallas Cowboys.

http://draftanalyst.com/nevada-pro-day

Doesn't mention us but I've been saying all along that Corbett is **** good.