Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sidecar Falcon

Redskins trade for Alex Smith

159 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Clark said:

Not saying fans are always right but the desire to see Smith go has been **** near unanimous amongst their fans.  The argument you are making (about Shanahan) isn't even close to comparable because most knowledgeable fans knew that would be a progress.  Fans calling for Shanny to leave are the same ones calling for Sark to leave this year who don't understand that coaching changes require patience.  KC has had a lot of patience with Smith and how many playoff games has he won for them?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but I am getting a little tired of the, "coaching changes require patience" crowd.  Did you happen to check out the Rams this year?

24 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Just playing devil's advocate here, but I am getting a little tired of the, "coaching changes require patience" crowd.  Did you happen to check out the Rams this year?

Never heard of em.

3 hours ago, Clark said:

Never heard of em.

That's too bad, because if you did, you'd know that they prospered with a new offensive direction.  That narrative that it takes a year to adjust is frankly, garbage.  This group was talented, and they should have been able to perform.  It's time for the cliché's to hit the road, excuses to stop, and some accountability needs to be taken.  

7 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Or go to a place where you can be considered the savior of a franchise. If Cousins went to CLE and got them some playoff appearances and started moving them in the right direction, he'd be royalty in that city for the rest of his life.

This is also very true..again all goes back to your motivations and outlook

7 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Alex Smith's QB rating with the Chiefs is a 94.8

Matt Ryan's career QB rating is a 93.4

I'm not saying Smith is better than Ryan. He obviously isn't. But he's WAY better than people are giving him credit for. It's safe to say that Alex Smith has been a pretty good player in his 5 years with the Chiefs.

Alex Smith is an All-Star game manager. I mean bare bones game manager. 2017 was the best year of his career and he had 26 TD passes and barely had 4000 yards passing. It's just the second time in his career he's ever had 20 TD passes in a season.

If you want someone to not lose you the game then Alex Smith is the perfect man for the job. If you want someone to win the game for you then Alex Smith is not the man. There's a reason his teams are 2-5 in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Alex Smith is an All-Star game manager. I mean bare bones game manager. 2017 was the best year of his career and he had 26 TD passes and barely had 4000 yards passing. It's just the second time in his career he's ever had 20 TD passes in a season.

If you want someone to not lose you the game then Alex Smith is the perfect man for the job. If you want someone to win the game for you then Alex Smith is not the man. There's a reason his teams are 2-5 in the playoffs.

Very true 

7 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

No, because football fans are stupid. Our own fans wanted Ryan gone after 2015. Here's an interesting thought. I could make a legitimate argument that Alex Smith was a BETTER player overall than Matt Ryan this season. He threw for more TD's, had less than half the INT's, had a higher completion %, AND had a higher yards per pass %. He was better than Ryan this year. Yet the fans want to crucify him and the fans in ATL love Matty Ryan because he was MVP the year PRIOR.

This post here is the biggest load of crap. Plenty of Falcon "fans" still hate on Matt Ryan. I also want get into all the other stuff about how the stats aren't telling the entire story because you already know that.

51 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This post here is the biggest load of crap. Plenty of Falcon "fans" still hate on Matt Ryan. I also want get into all the other stuff about how the stats aren't telling the entire story because you already know that.

I didn’t state it as fact though man. I just said I could make a legitimate argument and I could. Smith had a better year than Ryan. The stats back it up. Obviously Ryan is the better player. But an argument for smith can be made. The only reason I said this in the first place is because people treat smith as if he’s not a good player and he definitely is. 

21 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I didn’t state it as fact though man. I just said I could make a legitimate argument and I could. Smith had a better year than Ryan. The stats back it up. Obviously Ryan is the better player. But an argument for smith can be made. The only reason I said this in the first place is because people treat smith as if he’s not a good player and he definitely is. 

Alex Smith is a good player in his own right and honestly probably did have a better year than Ryan.