Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sidecar Falcon

Redskins trade for Alex Smith

159 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

Smith is a good qb, look at SF now.. Redskins will be a better team 

I think the Chiefs, and the Redskins will be worse...next year

12 minutes ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

Smith is a good qb, look at SF now.. Redskins will be a better team 

Alex Smith isn’t winning anything 

1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Cousins is about to get paid. I’m hoping Ryan is willing to sign a cap friendly contact, so we can resign key players and remain competitive in FA in years to  come. 

Don’t hold your breath.  Ryan currently has the highest projected Market Value in the NFL.  Here is his projected numbers once re-signed:

MATT RYAN'S CALCULATED MARKET VALUE

After applying our Prime % figures into our base calculated value, we're given two values. The average of these values becomes our current calculated market value.

TERMS AVG. SALARY
5 years,    $148,984,797      29,796,959

2 hours ago, coastiemike said:

Yep. But why would you post in TaTF? It doesn’t have anything to do with the Falcons or our division.

But we do play the Redskins next year, so will it be worse for us that we play Smith as opposed to Cousins?  We did lose to Smith and the Chiefs 2 seasons ago (2016).  On the other hand, we were 3-0 vs. Cousins.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitAl03/gamelog/?opp_id=atl

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CousKi00/gamelog/?opp_id=atl

31 minutes ago, TSprings said:

Redskins gave up 

-KENDAL FULLER - the best young defender on their team! PFF ranked #6 CB last year.

-3rd rounder

-Gave Smith the 3rd richest QB contract of all time.

I live and DC and this is why I am a Falcons fan.

I have been working in Reston lately

2 hours ago, coastiemike said:

Thanks for the info.

Just don't do it during the season.....or you'll be banned after every game.........................

Like everyone else.

Can we fixed that **** plz

37 minutes ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

Just don't do it during the season.....or you'll be banned after every game.........................

Like everyone else.

Can we fixed that **** plz

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.  During the season, there was a game thread for pretty much every non-Falcons primetime game and others too, and for any big NFL news.

Even if some get moved, no one got banned for it.

EDIT:  Also, let me add to keep it within reason to not load up the forum with non-Falcons stuff.  If it's a football topic everyone is talking about right now and there's not a thread, it's probably okay.  If it's about something like who the Broncos QB should be next year, it's not.

2 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

They franchised him a few times (I believe). Not to mention there was a lot of chatter that the FO didn’t believe him to be a franchise QB. 

I just don’t unsterstand the redskins thought process. They found a good QB with what, a 3rd or 4th round pick? The guy put up some nice numbers, top 12-14 in the league. Those guys arent just growing from trees. If cousins goes to the cardinals or broncos, those teams could be dark horse playoff contenders. 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, ltstorm2 said:

I don't understand this trade.  The skins didn't get any better at QB and they lost a player and a mid round draft pick.

I know, it was just stupid.   Shakes up the draft also

3 hours ago, birdz4i said:

i was kind of thinking denver myself.

Come to think of your probably correct.  Bortles is in his 5th yr option and due 19 million.

6 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Smith just agree to a 4 year extension worth $94 million with $71 guaranteed so TD might a little late if he was trying to beat the market.

Yep. Just saw that when I woke up. Ryan’s contract is going to really upset some folks around these parts I have a feeling. Ryan will get another 5 at probably $145 mil. Panties will be bunched

Falconsfan567 likes this

5 hours ago, TSprings said:

Redskins gave up 

-KENDAL FULLER - the best young defender on their team! PFF ranked #6 CB last year.

-3rd rounder

-Gave Smith the 3rd richest QB contract of all time.

I live and DC and this is why I am a Falcons fan.

This was essentially a Fuller for Smith trade. The Redskins will get the 3d round pick back with a compensatory pick when Cousins sign with another team. 

Ryan will get his market value or just slightly below (if allowing for a team "friendly" deal) without a doubt. If $135 over 5 years is what Stafford got last year, then I think $145 over 5 years give or take 5 mil sounds about right to me .

I'm just glad that money buys us a top 3 QB over the course of the contract instead of just a top 10 QB.  That's my QB. :D

8 hours ago, PK Manley said:

I've seen some stretches to make something TATF, but this angle would've been legit.  Cousins is about to skew the QB market like Flacco in 2012.  I'd go ahead and get an extension done before the league year starts.

Although, agents are probably already talking about Cousin's numbers.  Still, there won't be the pressure on Ryan's agent to be top of the new QB market.

Pretty much kinda puts a Lil moe pressure on TD to get this ball rolling and get this done so both sides can get a fair deal.its going to be interesting to see just how much cousins is going to get 

KC really won that trade.  I dunno what Washington is doing but Kirk is dancing today to 1) be out of that franchise and 2) he finally gets to buy that island he has always wanted.  Dude gonna get paaaaaaaaaaaid.

And to throw in a young, cheap  stud corner oppo Peters on top of it?  Maaan.

9 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Smith had a better chance with the chiefs. 

Anyhow the trade is a good trade for the skins. But why not offer cousins 5+ and keep him. Dude is really really good. And they could of took that third to improve their defense. 

I disagree Mash about a good trade they had to give up Fuller a good young player. I do agree they should have kept Cousins

6 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I just don’t unsterstand the redskins thought process. They found a good QB with what, a 3rd or 4th round pick? The guy put up some nice numbers, top 12-14 in the league. Those guys arent just growing from trees. If cousins goes to the cardinals or broncos, those teams could be dark horse playoff contenders. 

He was drafted in the 4th round. Everything I’ve read about the situation points to the Redskins FO not thinking he was a franchise QB. Snyder is a moron. 

Ovie_Lover and Drew4719 like this