Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sidecar Falcon

Redskins trade for Alex Smith

159 posts in this topic

Hmmm....ok. So the other forums don’t get utilized in the off-season.  Noted for future reference so I know just to post everything here in the future.

1 minute ago, coastiemike said:

Hmmm....ok. So the other forums don’t get utilized in the off-season.  Noted for future reference so I know just to post everything here in the future.

Cool. 

38 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

Yep. But why would you post in TaTF? It doesn’t have anything to do with the Falcons or our division.

It does kinda have to do with the falcons. It’s definite now that the skins are moving on from Cousins and he will hit the open market... his contract will impact Ryan’s contract soooo, it’s probably in TDs best interest to make haste

4 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

It doesn’t kinda have to do with the falcons. It’s definite now that the skins are moving on from Cousins and he will be the open market... his contract will impact Ryan’s contract soooo, it’s probably in TDs best interest to make haste

That and we play Washington next year don't we?

2 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

It doesn’t kinda have to do with the falcons. It’s definite now that the skins are moving on from Cousins and he will be the open market... his contract will impact Ryan’s contract soooo, it’s probably in TDs best interest to make haste

Cousins is about to get paid. I’m hoping Ryan is willing to sign a cap friendly contact, so we can resign key players and remain competitive in FA in years to  come. 

8 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

3rd grader alert

No. It was a serious question.  I thought we got flagged for posting in the wrong forum and received warning points.  My bad for asking. Now that I know it’s ok to post here in TATF. it has been cleared up for me.

11 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

No. It was a serious question.  I thought we got flagged for posting in the wrong forum and received warning points.  My bad for asking. Now that I know it’s ok to post here in TATF. it has been cleared up for me.

TATF is a little of a catch all during the offseason because falcon specific news is just not that plentiful and most guys here like to see the headlines from around the league. Not a biggie  

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

TATF is a little of a catch all during the offseason because falcon specific news is just not that plentiful and most guys here like to see the headlines from around the league. Not a biggie  

Thanks for the info.

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

38 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

It does kinda have to do with the falcons. It’s definite now that the skins are moving on from Cousins and he will hit the open market... his contract will impact Ryan’s contract soooo, it’s probably in TDs best interest to make haste

Smith just agree to a 4 year extension worth $94 million with $71 guaranteed so TD might a little late if he was trying to beat the market.

28 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

Personally, when big NFL news happens and people want to discuss it, I'll let a thread go here.  As long as it doesn't disrupt the forum, I understand that it gets far more visibility here.  However, if it's not a current event, there are multiple threads, or drags on into an argument, then something is going to be done with it.

51 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I've seen some stretches to make something TATF, but this angle would've been legit.  Cousins is about to skew the QB market like Flacco in 2012.  I'd go ahead and get an extension done before the league year starts.

Although, agents are probably already talking about Cousin's numbers.  Still, there won't be the pressure on Ryan's agent to be top of the new QB market.

Smith had a better chance with the chiefs. 

Anyhow the trade is a good trade for the skins. But why not offer cousins 5+ and keep him. Dude is really really good. And they could of took that third to improve their defense. 

2 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Smith had a better chance with the chiefs. 

Anyhow the trade is a good trade for the skins. But why not offer cousins 5+ and keep him. Dude is really really good. And they could of took that third to improve their defense. 

They franchised him a few times (I believe). Not to mention there was a lot of chatter that the FO didn’t believe him to be a franchise QB.