Jeremy Reeves, FS, South Alabama

A former CB with exceptional range who isn't afraid to lay the wood. If we're in the market for a FS, this is a guy who could be a late round gem. To me he was the most impressive safety at the senior bowl.

I'm the game itself he came up big with 2 turnovers: an INT of Tanner Lee and a 4th down stop against Kalen Ballage, as well as shutting down anything over the middle.

36 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

No this guy is a corner convert. Would be a great fit as a single high for teams running cover 1 or cover 3.

If you truly know, I'll trust you, but the info out there seems shaky. 

Jaguar Highlights: Expected to start at free safety his final season at the collegiate level ... 

As A Junior (2016): Started the first nine games at cornerback before being shifted to the ‘Rover’ safety position 

http://www.usajaguars.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7377 

I do love my small school corner converts but he would have an uphill climb in Atlanta with Kazee drafted last year. 

He's supposedly 205 lbs without having seen a NFL weight room, 20 lbs heavier than Kazee, so backup SS may not be a bad place to try and fit in. I like Ishmael a lot but he's not even under contract anymore. 

1 hour ago, Summerhill said:

I do love my small school corner converts but he would have an uphill climb in Atlanta with Kazee drafted last year. 

He's supposedly 205 lbs without having seen a NFL weight room, 20 lbs heavier than Kazee, so backup SS may not be a bad place to try and fit in. I like Ishmael a lot but he's not even under contract anymore. 

Why with Kazee? Kazee is better at nb, regardless. 

This kid could play FS 

2 hours ago, Summerhill said:

You have no idea what you're talking about do you?? Ish isn't a SS, so losing him doesn't equal we need a SS. And what small school FS have gone to SS??

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

You have no idea what you're talking about do you?? Ish isn't a SS, so losing him doesn't equal we need a SS. And what small school FS have gone to SS??

You're right I'm behind the times Ishmael has been LB for a little while. 

As far as converting DBs, the theory goes like this. Most DBs are close to the same size - 5'10"-6'0" and 180-200 lbs. In college the coaches play the fastest ones at CB, the next fastest at FS, and the slowest at SS. Once those players get to the NFL, they're competing for a select number of spots against the fastest players from every other school from the last 10 years. It's tough. Unless you're one of the elite prospects, chances are there are other players who are faster at your position, so it helps to bump down a level. A big CB moves to FS, a slow FS moves to SS, and a slow SS moves to LB. 

I'm too old these days to pay attention to every player on every team anymore, but some examples: 

• Tyvon Branch (2008): Played CB at UConn, SS in NFL
  • Dwight Lowery (2008) Played CB at San Jose State, mostly FS in NFL
  • Jairus Byrd (2009): Played CB at Oregon, FS in NFL
  • Malcolm Jenkins (2009): Played CB at Ohio State, FS in New Orleans, SS in Philadelpia
  • Devin McCourty (2010): Played CB at Rutgers, FS in NFL
  • Tayshaun Gipson (2012): Played CB at Wyoming, FS in NFL
  • Glover Quinn (2012): Played CB at New Mexico, FS in NFL
  • Eric Berry (2010): Played FS at Tenn, SS in NFL
  • Mark Barron (2012): Played SS at Alabama, LB in NFL
  • Deone Buchanon (2014): Played SS at Wazzu, LB in NFL
9 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

You're right I'm behind the times Ishmael has been LB for a little while. 

As far as converting DBs, the theory goes like this. Most DBs are close to the same size - 5'10"-6'0" and 180-200 lbs. In college the coaches play the fastest ones at CB, the next fastest at FS, and the slowest at SS. Once those players get to the NFL, they're competing for a select number of spots against the fastest players from every other school from the last 10 years. It's tough. Unless you're one of the elite prospects, chances are there are other players who are faster at your position, so it helps to bump down a level. A big CB moves to FS, a slow FS moves to SS, and a slow SS moves to LB. 

I'm too old these days to pay attention to every player on every team anymore, but some examples: 

• Tyvon Branch (2008): Played CB at UConn, SS in NFL
  • Dwight Lowery (2008) Played CB at San Jose State, mostly FS in NFL
  • Jairus Byrd (2009): Played CB at Oregon, FS in NFL
  • Malcolm Jenkins (2009): Played CB at Ohio State, FS in New Orleans, SS in Philadelpia
  • Devin McCourty (2010): Played CB at Rutgers, FS in NFL
  • Tayshaun Gipson (2012): Played CB at Wyoming, FS in NFL
  • Glover Quinn (2012): Played CB at New Mexico, FS in NFL
  • Eric Berry (2010): Played FS at Tenn, SS in NFL
  • Mark Barron (2012): Played SS at Alabama, LB in NFL
  • Deone Buchanon (2014): Played SS at Wazzu, LB in NFL

I asked about FS to SS and you gave me one time that happened. And Berry wasn't from a small school.

And it's not just about speed. Otherwise Rico slow *** would be SS

Also Jenkins 40 is faster than Sherman's. Just an example.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I asked about FS to SS and you gave me one time that happened. And Berry wasn't from a small school.

And it's not just about speed. Otherwise Rico slow *** would be SS

If that's what you want to get hung up about, knock yourself out. But the larger point remains in order to compete in the NFL, players in the defensive backfield bump down to slower positions all the time. Reeves is basically the same size as Neal. The Falcons have a warm body in Neasman backing up Neal. IMO Reeves could very easily be looked at as a backup SS. 

1 minute ago, Summerhill said:

If that's what you want to get hung up about, knock yourself out. But the larger point remains in order to compete in the NFL, players in the defensive backfield bump down to slower positions all the time. Reeves is basically the same size as Neal. The Falcons have a warm body in Neasman backing up Neal. IMO Reeves could very easily be looked at as a backup SS. 

If they get bumped down then explain Browner, Sherman, Peters, etc