us politics and elections thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the magic: Since Trump doesn't give a **** about inequality or declining real wages it doesn't matter.

It's literally a chain email that boomers forward to each other.    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/canadian-health-care/

Posted Images

Conor Lamb Win Energizes Labor Unions’ Approach to Midterms

“The division within labor with the 2016 presidential race really raised questions about the labor movement going forward,” Borick said. “So when we really rallied around and helped Lamb get that prized victory, it gave organized labor a boost and it also made Democrats realize how much that relationship with labor is important across the country.”

https://www.bna.com/conor-lamb-win-n57982091366/

6 hours ago, Doozer said:

I had a talk with a liberal who said we needed to lower the voting age to 15 to offset the increased life expectancy; maintain the voting balance between Immature Democrat teens vs Senile Republican seniors.

Dems looking for votes anywhere they can find them..lowering the voting age, illegal aliens, felons (still in prison) and my favorite, dead people.

6 hours ago, Doozer said:

I had a talk with a liberal who said we needed to lower the voting age to 15 to offset the increased life expectancy; maintain the voting balance between Immature Democrat teens vs Senile Republican seniors.

I don't see the point. Reagan and Trump ran basically the same campaigns and used the same dog whistles yet over the course of less than 40 years that went from national landslide victories to barely scraping together an electoral college win, which is telling about the direction of this country. Likewise, the generations younger than genX are much more left wing than the older generations so really it's just a matter of waiting for genZ to join millennials as a voting bloc and for more silent and boomers to die off.