Jump to content

us politics and elections thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the magic: Since Trump doesn't give a **** about inequality or declining real wages it doesn't matter.

It's literally a chain email that boomers forward to each other.    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/canadian-health-care/

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It'd be a really bad sign for Republicans if this was just polling as a tie.

The best part about PA-18 is how unimportant it is in the grand scheme of things. The district will not exist come November, and Conor's new district is much more equal. Also, Conor winning does not magically stop House Republicans from passing what they want.  That still hasn't stopped outside Republican groups from dropping serious cash on this race. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

The best part about PA-18 is how unimportant it is in the grand scheme of things. The district will not exist come November, and Conor's new district is much more equal. Also, Conor winning does not magically stop House Republicans from passing what they want.  That still hasn't stopped outside Republican groups from dropping serious cash on this race. 

It makes even less sense considering how the 18th district will be located come November.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AF89 said:

So wasn't their an election tonight to see who hated God more and got to be a congressman for 3 months or something?

Lamb is up by about 1200 votes with 4-5% of precincts left. It could go either way, but overall good night for Dems even if Lamb does not pull through. To be this close in a district that Trump won by +20 and Romney +17 has to make a lot of Republicans sick to their stomach. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Lamb is up by about 1200 votes with 4-5% of precincts left. It could go either way, but overall good night for Dems even if Lamb does not pull through. To be this close in a district that Trump won by +20 and Romney +17 has to make a lot of Republicans sick to their stomach. 

 

The large scale picture has to scare the **** out of Republicans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Welp. This will not be done until tomorrow at the earliest. 

10 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

The large scale picture has to scare the **** out of Republicans.

I think this race makes it especially hard to swallow because it is suppose to be "Trump Country". This district is full of working class voters and is 95.8% white.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...