Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
achilles return

us politics and elections thread

House to vote today on impeachment resolution. Really? To hear the Trump supporters he hasn't done anything to warrant that black mark.

He violated his oath of office to safeguard our Constitution so often it became unbelievable. His racist behavior adds to his inablity to lead this country. His bold cockyness in telling the Justice Department to ignore the rule of law and ignore legal subpoenas. Honor the subpoenas and show their is nothing to hide. One day I hope this Whitehouse gets on track for the good of America.

2 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

Bernie's insurance plan is wrong for Americans. He tried to sell it last time and no one bought into it. Doctor's may not buy into it. Biden's is more acceptable.

Doctors and Co don't want any government insurance plan.  None of it is acceptable for them.

I don't think Bernie's M4All is a good proposal, but Bidencare has a lot of issues. 1st, It punishes Blue states and rewards Red States. Red States didn't expand Medicaid and now get those patients covered for free, while Blue states did and have to continue to pay to get those people covered in the new system. 

It also doesn't unify our government health plans but creates a new one. Meaning we will still have gaps and States with Medicaid work requirements and other barriers will have a ton of uninsured people fall through the cracks. we have 50 Medicaid programs, dozens more CHIP programs, and medicare. Now you want to add another separate program. 

It also is only available to individual market folks, so people on ESI cannot benefit. 

I support M4America, which is probably around 3-4X the price of Biden's proposal, but gets us Universal healthcare and simplifies our current government plan with 1 government program that has a simple premium/cost sharing subsidy model. No gaps or Red state sabotage. And if an R president tries to tamper with it, the 50-70% of Americans on the plan will break a foot off in the ***. 

2 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Doctors and Co don't want any government insurance plan.  None of it is acceptable for them.

I don't think Bernie's M4All is a good proposal, but Bidencare has a lot of issues. 1st, It punishes Blue states and rewards Red States. Red States didn't expand Medicaid and now get those patients covered for free, while Blue states did and have to continue to pay to get those people covered in the new system. 

It also doesn't unify our government health plans but creates a new one. Meaning we will still have gaps and States with Medicaid work requirements and other barriers will have a ton of uninsured people fall through the cracks. we have 50 Medicaid programs, dozens more CHIP programs, and medicare. Now you want to add another separate program. 

It also is only available to individual market folks, so people on ESI cannot benefit. 

I support M4America, which is probably around 3-4X the price of Biden's proposal, but gets us Universal healthcare and simplifies our current government plan with 1 government program that has a simple premium/cost sharing subsidy model. No gaps or Red state sabotage. And if an R president tries to tamper with it, the 50-70% of Americans on the plan will break a foot off in the ***. 

The ACA was meant to fail so Hillary could install single payer, but a guy named Trump came along. 

20 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Are National Monuments are quite amazing.

Amazing as h,ell aren't they?  Leaving town for a few days at Hilton Head Island. Resume debates next week. ;)

14 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Isn't that the lobby group that the insurance industry made recently?

All kidding aside, the 2020 race is over. I have a suggestion for the left, take all their campaign money and donate it to the border since they are so reluctant to do it through congress.

The DNC sends border relief money to aid illegsl immigrants...the positive press would be amazing.