achilles return

us politics and elections thread

3,000 posts in this topic

Buttigieg hit the nail on the head today. "The Washington horror story is mesmerizing and all-consuming."   We are led by someone that could care less about people and closing the great divide that continually gets worse. This guy is sharp. (Biden-Buttigieg)?

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The only ones who want to re-fight it are Hillary dead-enders.

Bernie wrote a letter attacking TP because of some dumb article. I don't care that Bernie is a millionaire and it is a dumb criticism, but attacking the press isn't a good look. Also trying to turn this into a 2016 Bernie v. establishment isn't going to help you. This is why Bernie's numbers have been falling since his peak after his announcement. 

Plus let's not act like Joy and Sirota weren't writing tweets and articles 10x as critical of Bernie's opponents while cosplaying as journalists. 

Also, HRC "dead-enders" do not lose from re-litigating. HRC isn't running and her numbers do not. matter. Bernie is running and this could tank his support. 

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Bernie wrote a letter attacking TP because of some dumb article. I don't care that Bernie is a millionaire and it is a dumb criticism, but attacking the press isn't a good look. Also trying to turn this into a 2016 Bernie v. establishment isn't going to help you. This is why Bernie's numbers have been falling since his peak after his announcement. 

Plus let's not act like Joy and Sirota weren't writing tweets and articles 10x as critical of Bernie's opponents while cosplaying as journalists. 

Also, HRC "dead-enders" do not lose from re-litigating. HRC isn't running and her numbers do not. matter. Bernie is running and this could tank his support. 

It's fair game when CAP won't shut up about unity but it and its satellites won't stop attacking Sanders.

Again: The only ones who want to keep that fight alive are Hillary dead-enders.

19 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It's fair game when CAP won't shut up about unity but it and its satellites won't stop attacking Sanders.

Again: The only ones who want to keep that fight alive are Hillary dead-enders.

Bernie wrote the letter. Not Neera and TP has editorial independence. Neera doesn't control what articles get written. Maybe she can influence some headlines, but articles are written by the bloggers.

Let's not forget that Bernie's campaign manager and others in the campaign came from CAP and TP. 

As I said, this doesn't hurt Neera. Only Bernie. 2016 is not a good memory for many Dems and they would rather it get buried. Best bet is not play their game. 

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

Bernie wrote the letter. Not Neera and TP has editorial independence. Neera doesn't control what articles get written. Maybe she can influence some headlines, but articles are written by the bloggers.

Let's not forget that Bernie's campaign manager and others in the campaign came from CAP and TP. 

As I said, this doesn't hurt Neera. Only Bernie. 2016 is not a good memory for many Dems and they would rather it get buried. Best bet is not play their game. 

Oh-Wait-Your-Serious-Let-Me-Laugh-Even-H

If you preach party unity but consistently attack the people you're preaching it to then you should not be taken seriously and 100% deserve to be called out on it. Crying victim at that point is just utterly pathetic and is the same pattern of behavior we see from right-wing grifters.

[CAP consistently attacks Sanders and other progressives at the behest of party leadership]

Sanders: Could you stop? We're trying to have a positive campaign here. You're only hurting the party's chances in 2020.

CAP:

22cq2y.jpg

5 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

when Bernie struggles to build a coalition, don't say I didn't warn you. 

You aren't winning the dem primary with 20%

The emails let you know that they are not even remotely independent.

I also don't know what world you have to be on if you ever thought Sanders was going to build a coalition with Hillary dead-enders. Obama barely pulled it off in 2008 after that primary fight was wrapped up.

10 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The emails let you know that they are not even remotely independent.

Meh. No worse than Sirota, which you brushed off. 

Also, TP has been critical of multiple candidates. 

4 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I also don't know what world you have to be on if you ever thought Sanders was going to build a coalition with Hillary dead-enders. Obama barely pulled it off in 2008 after that primary fight was wrapped up.

I didn't say that. I pointed out that Bernie has the highest unfavorables among Dem primary voters. Pair that with bringing up 2016 and you have a recipe for his loss.  

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

Meh. No worse than Sirota, which you brushed off. 

Also, TP has been critical of multiple candidates. 

I didn't say that. I pointed out that Bernie has the highest unfavorables among Dem primary voters. Pair that with bringing up 2016 and you have a recipe for his loss.  

1. Your timeline for the Sirota thing fell apart immediately.

2. CAP kills TP articles and subjects if their donors don't like them. Yet they still pretend they are remotely independent. It's beyond farcical.

Likewise, what is getting me about this is that Sanders defended your man Booker from their attacks against him in that letter yet you're still going to bat for them.

12 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

1. Your timeline for the Sirota thing fell apart immediately.

2. CAP kills TP articles and subjects if their donors don't like them. Yet they still pretend they are remotely independent. It's beyond farcical.

Likewise, what is getting me about this is that Sanders defended your man Booker from their attacks against him in that letter yet you're still going to bat for them.

1. It didn't. And considering that Faiz wrote a piece highlighting TP's editorial independence and is now criticizing it, I am starting to think he isn't the most trustworthy person. Faiz was the one claiming the timeline wasn't correct, but of course, ignores Sirota's other publication not knowing until after the date he gave.

2. Do you have any evidence of this or is this like your claim that M4All has better mental health coverage than M4America?

I don't have a candidate. I have said so multiple times. Booker is the person who is my darkhorse to win the nom, but I am not supporting his candidacy. 

Those "attacks" are the same talking points you and Optimus have used against him, so are they attacks or legitimate criticism? 

Also, I already said TP's criticism of Bernie being rich is dumb. My point is that Bernie should ignore it. It isn't like TP is on the level of CNN, NYT, WaPo, etc. 

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

1. It didn't. And considering that Faiz wrote a piece highlighting TP's editorial independence and is now criticizing it, I am starting to think he isn't the most trustworthy person. Faiz was the one claiming the timeline wasn't correct, but of course, ignores Sirota's other publication not knowing until after the date he gave.

2. Do you have any evidence of this or is this like your claim that M4All has better mental health coverage than M4America?

I don't have a candidate. I have said so multiple times. Booker is the person who is my darkhorse to win the nom, but I am not supporting his candidacy. 

Those "attacks" are the same talking points you and Optimus have used against him, so are they attacks or legitimate criticism? 

Also, I already said TP's criticism of Bernie being rich is dumb. My point is that Bernie should ignore it. It isn't like TP is on the level of CNN, NYT, WaPo, etc. 

You can check the previous tweets that have been posted that show the email records, though I know you're still in deep denial about all that.

They aren't the same in the sense that they're punching left against him while we're punching right. Also, and more to the point here, we're not pretending we're an independent news outlet despite all the evidence indicating that we're mouthpieces for a rat****ing blog that works at the behest of corporate and wealthy interests.

And, finally, I seriously doubt this will have any electoral impact. As Jon Favreau said repeatedly when he was having a tantrum over people making fun of Beto: Twitter isn't real life. Unless you're very political and very online then you probably don't know or care about CAP or its satellites.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

You can check the previous tweets that have been posted that show the email records, though I know you're still in deep denial about all that.

They aren't the same in the sense that they're punching left against him while we're punching right. Also, and more to the point here, we're not pretending we're an independent news outlet despite all the evidence indicating that we're mouthpieces for a rat****ing blog that works at the behest of corporate and wealthy interests.

And, finally, I seriously doubt this will have any electoral impact. As Jon Favreau said repeatedly when he was having a tantrum over people making fun of Beto: Twitter isn't real life. Unless you're very political and very online then you probably don't know or care about CAP or its satellites.

The biggest piece of evidence I have seen of influence was the Matt Yglesias piece, but even MY says they had editorial independence and that was before their CBA. 

Which is why I said you ignore that idiotic swipes. The problem is that other publications are covering it because Bernie responded. And Dems in disarray is the media's favorite talking point to help Republicans. 

Like I have been saying, the best course of action is to ignore it. 

5 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

The biggest piece of evidence I have seen of influence was the Matt Yglesias piece, but even MY says they had editorial independence and that was before their CBA. 

Which is why I said you ignore that idiotic swipes. The problem is that other publications are covering it because Bernie responded. And Dems in disarray is the media's favorite talking point to help Republicans. 

Like I have been saying, the best course of action is to ignore it. 

Generally I would agree. However, you also cannot let political organizations known for rat****ing preach about party unity when they blatantly do not practice it. If you want to play games then don't cry foul when people play along by pointing out your BS and donors.

Looks like the Centre Party collapsed after their coalition government that ranged from the center to the far-right had lackluster results. The SDP appears to have narrowly filled the void though they, the Greens, and Left don't have enough seats to form a coalition government on their own.