Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
achilles return

us politics and elections thread

2,014 posts in this topic

Seems like no complaints were submitted about Becker so the campaign didn't know and couldn't deal with it like the other cases that were reported earlier.

Still, looks like this is the narrative they're going to stick with to derail Sanders.

34 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Seems like no complaints were submitted about Becker so the campaign didn't know and couldn't deal with it like the other cases that were reported earlier.

Still, looks like this is the narrative they're going to stick with to derail Sanders.

Sanders was derailed before he started.

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Bernie Bro Matt Yglesias makes a good point here, but I do disagree that Democrats wanted an outsider. 

A lot of establishment types have convinced themselves Joe Biden is the anti-Hillary

tenor.gif

Tearing down other women because it got close to your preferred candidate is not a good look. 

smh. I know who I wouldn't want advocating for me as Public Advocate.

22 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Tearing down other women because it got close to your preferred candidate is not a good look. 

smh. I know who I wouldn't want advocating for me as Public Advocate.

Centrist Dems seem to have a theme with their attempts to take down progressives.

In case you don't want to watch it:

It's a whole lot like whenever a progressive or someone to the left of them says that we'll need to raise taxes in order to pay for M4A but at the end of the day you'll save money. The headlines never include the second half of that, only the "X wants to raise your taxes!"

Konst stated that this is a problem in all campaigns due to their hectic natures but Sanders is taking the steps with the ones who recently came forward to put structures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again. However, the second half is being ignored and this problem is only being used against Sanders instead of being used as an opportunity to make necessary changes across the board. It is also part of the revival of the Bernie Bro BS which erases all the women who worked on the Sanders campaign, such as herself, and supported him during the primaries.

Headlines? Konst says MeToo is being weaponized against Sanders! Throws women under the bus!

Without surprise it is being pushed by the Tandens and Walshs of the world.

27 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Centrist Dems seem to have a theme with their attempts to take down progressives.

The progessive Dem model lost them over 1000 seats during the Obama administration, and he wasn't even that far left or nearly as progressive as this new crop is.

Right or wrong, it scares the party who still think moderate Dems are the way to go.

4 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

In case you don't want to watch it:

It's a whole lot like whenever a progressive or someone to the left of them says that we'll need to raise taxes in order to pay for M4A but at the end of the day you'll save money. The headlines never include the second half of that, only the "X wants to raise your taxes!"

Konst stated that this is a problem in all campaigns due to their hectic natures but Sanders is taking the steps with the ones who recently came forward to put structures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again. However, the second half is being ignored and this problem is only being used against Sanders instead of being used as an opportunity to make necessary changes across the board. It is also part of the revival of the Bernie Bro BS which erases all the women who worked on the Sanders campaign, such as herself, and supported him during the primaries.

Headlines? Konst says MeToo is being weaponized against Sanders! Throws women under the bus!

Without surprise it is being pushed by the Tandens and Walshs of the world.

No one reported that it wasn't something all campaigns need to do a better job of. HRC's campaigns have had similar issues. We learned recently of Harris' aide as well. I also haven't seen any articles cry Bernie Bro about it either. Most are just reporting on an issue that seems to have been a problem in the 2016 campaign and could explain why weaver seems to not be coming back for 2020. 

I was skeptical of the title after you said it wasn't accurate, but with this response, I think it was now. 

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

The progessive Dem model lost them over 1000 seats during the Obama administration, and he wasn't even that far left or nearly as progressive as this new crop is.

Right or wrong, it scares the party who still think moderate Dems are the way to go.

giphy.gif

Boner likes this

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

No one reported that it wasn't something all campaigns need to do a better job of. HRC's campaigns have had similar issues. We learned recently of Harris' aide as well. I also haven't seen any articles cry Bernie Bro about it either. Most are just reporting on an issue that seems to have been a problem in the 2016 campaign and could explain why weaver seems to not be coming back for 2020. 

I was skeptical of the title after you said it wasn't accurate, but with this response, I think it was now. 

Weaver is staying on as an adviser, just not returning as the campaign manager.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Weaver is staying on as an adviser, just not returning as the campaign manager.

So he is getting demoted. Weaver knew and is getting demoted because of it.  Let's not forget that DWS was also made an "adviser" after the DNC emails leaked. 

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

So he is getting demoted. Weaver knew and is getting demoted because of it.  Let's not forget that DWS was also made an "adviser" after the DNC emails leaked. 

Reports say they came to that agreement well before the reports popped up. So, no. As to why? Don't know. Could be that Sanders has someone else in mind or Weaver just doesn't want to be the campaign manager again.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Reports say they came to that agreement well before the reports popped up. So, no. As to why? Don't know. Could be that Sanders has someone else in mind or Weaver just doesn't want to be the campaign manager again.

Reporters don't release stories out of thin air. They ask around and get quotes to vet stories. Rumbling could have been out there for a while, plus the original story had female delegates telling internal folks about the harassment/abuse being an issue for them.

Everyone tries to get ahead of stories. And we have zero proof that it was actually made in advance. Only that a "source" said it was. 

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

Reporters don't release stories out of thin air. They ask around and get quotes to vet stories. Rumbling could have been out there for a while, plus the original story had female delegates telling internal folks about the harassment/abuse being an issue for them.

Everyone tries to get ahead of stories. And we have zero proof that it was actually made in advance. Only that a "source" said it was. 

Well aware. Reports still say they came to this decision well beforehand. Likewise, if he was considered a problem then they wouldn't be bringing him back at all.

The original story also said when they brought up harassment that the situations were dealt with, ranging from workplace counseling to outright firing. However, since there weren't structures and procedures put in place beforehand (worthy of scorn) the situations weren't dealt with quickly enough. So, they came forward again so the necessary structures were put in place in case Sanders ran again, since he most likely will, and to bring attention to these problems that campaigns generally face... as Konst mentioned.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Well aware. Reports still say they came to this decision well beforehand. Likewise, if he was considered a problem then they wouldn't be bringing him back at all.

The original story also said when they brought up harassment that the situations were dealt with, ranging from workplace counseling to outright firing. However, since there weren't structures and procedures put in place beforehand (worthy of scorn) the situations weren't dealt with quickly enough. So, they came forward again so the necessary structures were put in place in case Sanders ran again, since he most likely will, and to bring attention to these problems that campaigns generally face... as Konst mentioned.

Reports citing an anonymous source. No evidence that was true.

I am talking about the delegates who were discussing 2020. 

Two delegates who supported Mr. Sanders two years ago recently told his staff that he can’t run for president again without addressing the sexism they believe surfaced in his last campaign.

“There was an entire wave of rotten sexual harassment that seemingly was never dealt with,” one of the delegates wrote in a December email, obtained by The New York Times, to a Sanders political strategist.

And this was an INTERNAL letter about 2016 that wasn't supposed to get out.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/30/bernie-sanders-campaign-harassment-1077014

A lot of this story was internal stuff PRIOR to the news reports, so even if you accept the "source", it doesn't mean the harassment/abuse/sexism was not a reason for his demotion. Even the CNN article says they have no clue who will be Campaign Manager, while claiming to be in advance stages of starting a run. You would think CM would be first before already starting a strategy. 

Konst also said it was a political weapon used against Sanders because it may feed into the Bernie Bro narrative. And she isn't the only one. I have seen stuff from TYT and Kyle Kulinski claiming these are attacks against Bernie.  

Also pretty funny now trying to bring up the fact that other campaigns faced this issue when I was the first to do so and also posted tweets from Di Lauro saying the same thing.  First, it was deny and claim hit piece.