achilles return

us politics and elections thread

3,000 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

 

So now 3 of the top 6 candidates are supporting a Federal Guaranteed Jobs program. 

 

How many times will the world experiment with Communism before we learn?

This time we'll get it right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doozer said:

How many times will the world experiment with Communism before we learn?

This time we'll get it right?

How is a Jobs Guarantee Communism? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doozer said:

How many times will the world experiment with Communism before we learn?

This time we'll get it right?

Problem is our left is so pompous they think they're the only ones who'll get it right.  There is no getting it right, it's a failed concept...we experimented with Hippie communes and believe me it was a big failure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

How is a Jobs Guarantee Communism? 

A guarantee is just a concept, something to comfort you.  Without a real plan to create jobs saying it just makes a person all warm and toasty inside.  You saying this is as silly as this clip.  Just saying it (jobs for everyone) is just a guaranteed piece of shyt.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

How is a Jobs Guarantee Communism? 

Central planning agency that will try to replace the private sector with government businesses who's sole purpose is to set specific prices on labor and goods.

Unless the plan is to quadruple the number of people working in the DMV...

added: Venezuela started a similar program... the % of people working directly for the government sky-rocketed. Things were good, until the money ran out.

Edited by Doozer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doozer said:

Central planning agency that will try to replace the private sector with government businesses who's sole purpose is to set specific prices on labor and goods. 

Unless the plan is to quadruple the number of people working in the DMV...

Yes, let's just emulate the government model, I mean they do everything so well, especially business. :lol: Doozer, I hope your a hunter/fisherman, because if we go by the government model in a year or two we'll be eating out pets and flamingos...by then we'll have achieved Bernie's Venezuela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, let's just emulate the government model, I mean they do everything so well, especially business. :lol: Doozer, I hope your a hunter/fisherman, because if we go by the government model in a year or two we'll be eating out pets and flamingos...by then we'll have achieved Bernie's Venezuela

Doing that to pets and flamingos is illegal and gross sir. 

mdrake34 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to keep reminding myself that liberals view businesses as entities that produce jobs, not products. It doesn't matter to them if it's sustainable; because profits are evil!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doozer said:

I have to keep reminding myself that liberals view businesses as entities that produce jobs, not products. It doesn't matter to them if it's sustainable; because profits are evil!

 

The only way they can produce jobs is if they keep taking enormous amounts of money from 53 percent of the country in the form of taxes.  Their jobs program would be a pyramid scheme, while they try and sell you on trickle up.  That means they would be eating away at the rich, you know the ones that create jobs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doozer said:

Central planning agency that will try to replace the private sector with government businesses who's sole purpose is to set specific prices on labor and goods.

Unless the plan is to quadruple the number of people working in the DMV...

added: Venezuela started a similar program... the % of people working directly for the government sky-rocketed. Things were good, until the money ran out.

The private market must be really ****** if it can't compete with a supposedly completely inept government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd also like to point out that Venezuela's job guarantee wasn't for everyone. It was mostly geared for people who couldn't find employment in the private market due to disabilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'd also like to point out that Venezuela's job guarantee wasn't for everyone. It was mostly geared for people who couldn't find employment in the private market due to disabilities.

guaranteed jobs...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

guaranteed jobs...:lol:

Yes. If you were too disabled to find employment in the private market in Venezuela then the government would give you a job so you could sustain yourself and be productive for society in whatever way they could find. This is not a difficult concept, dotard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doozer said:

Central planning agency that will try to replace the private sector with government businesses who's sole purpose is to set specific prices on labor and goods.

Unless the plan is to quadruple the number of people working in the DMV...

added: Venezuela started a similar program... the % of people working directly for the government sky-rocketed. Things were good, until the money ran out.

Things are always great in socialism until they run out of everyone else's money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Yes. If you were too disabled to find employment in the private market in Venezuela then the government would give you a job so you could sustain yourself and be productive for society in whatever way they could find. This is not a difficult concept, dotard.

Helping people is fine, that's what we do, but you cannot sustain that as a jobs program.  We need to reeducate the likes of you or we're doomed like Venezuela.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Helping people is fine, that's what we do, but you cannot sustain that as a jobs program.  We need to reeducate the likes of you or we're doomed like Venezuela.  

I have explained the issue with Venezuela's finances (making their loan payments to China with oil, the price of which tanked) yet it never sinks in. You need to learn about the world around you, dumb dumb.

Also, you guys say any form of welfare can't be sustained. The root of the opposition to a jobs guarantee isn't the fear of sustainability, since we know conservatives don't care about economic or financial sustainability given their refusal to end failed trickle down policies, was pointed out by the conservative think tank member on the previous page... The private market doesn't want to pay people well or give them benefits since that cuts into profits (profits are more important than you in a capitalist system) and they fear any form of competition will force them to give raises and benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I have explained the issue with Venezuela's finances (making their loan payments to China with oil, the price of which tanked) yet it never sinks in. You need to learn about the world around you, dumb dumb.

Also, you guys say any form of welfare can't be sustained. The root of the opposition to a jobs guarantee isn't the fear of sustainability, since we know conservatives don't care about economic or financial sustainability given their refusal to end failed trickle down policies, was pointed out by the conservative think tank member on the previous page... The private market doesn't want to pay people well or give them benefits since that cuts into profits (profits are more important than you in a capitalist system) and they fear any form of competition will force them to give raises and benefits.

All of the problems you'ved mentioned above is solved naturally by Capitalism. IN fact, the only reason they are even problems is because we're (government) manipulating the market.

Seriously, why do liberals swear by the pseudo-science of Climatology where NOTHING has been proven to be true, but can't be bothered to understand the simple math of basic Economics.

 

 

Edited by Doozer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I have explained the issue with Venezuela's finances (making their loan payments to China with oil, the price of which tanked) yet it never sinks in. You need to learn about the world around you, dumb dumb.

Also, you guys say any form of welfare can't be sustained. The root of the opposition to a jobs guarantee isn't the fear of sustainability, since we know conservatives don't care about economic or financial sustainability given their refusal to end failed trickle down policies, was pointed out by the conservative think tank member on the previous page... The private market doesn't want to pay people well or give them benefits since that cuts into profits (profits are more important than you in a capitalist system) and they fear any form of competition will force them to give raises and benefits.

Ad nauseum, we've been over this, I can't help you at this point. We had 8 years of your experiment and it failed miserably.

The Dems have no leadership, plans, agenda, or direction. Just old rehashed ideas from failed socialists countries and our own Hippie communes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Ad nauseum, we've been over this, I can't help you at this point. We had 8 years of your experiment and it failed miserably.

The Dems have no leadership, plans, agenda, or direction. Just old rehashed ideas from failed socialists countries and our own Hippie communes.  

The Republican tax cuts will require more borrowing. We already owe China a mere $Trillion so what the h.ell difference does it make, right R's?  If China calls their note our country is ruined so why add to the mess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, big_dog said:

The Republican tax cuts will require more borrowing. We already owe China a mere $Trillion so what the h.ell difference does it make, right R's?  If China calls their note our country is ruined so why add to the mess?

If China called the note after we ran up $10 trillion in debt the last administration, yep. Ah ha. GTHO of here with that BS

Check your history, the Reagan cuts took two years to start working, not two months like Trump.

I know y'all cannot stand Donny Boy and you want him out, but let his policies work for you...don't bite off your nose to spite your face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I know y'all cannot stand Donny Boy and you want him out, but let his policies work for you...don't bite off your nose to spite your face.

Oh, Donny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side.
The summer's gone, and all the roses falling,
It's you, it's you must go and I must bide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only party with no agenda is the Republicans. almost 2 years controlling all three branches and their only piece of legislation is the tax cuts. They didn't repeal Obamacare. Done squat to deal with the Opioid crisis. Where is the wall? 

Kinda hard to go to voters and claim the other party has no agenda or plan when you haven't done squat the past two years. This is why the House AND Senate are in play with how bad the map should be for Democrats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

The only party with no agenda is the Republicans. almost 2 years controlling all three branches and their only piece of legislation is the tax cuts. They didn't repeal Obamacare. Done squat to deal with the Opioid crisis. Where is the wall?  Kinda hard to go to voters and claim the other party has no agenda or plan when you haven't done squat the past two years. This is why the House AND Senate are in play with how bad the map should be for Democrats. 

Well the R's have done a lot of squatting

squats satisfying GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Oh, Donny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side.
The summer's gone, and all the roses falling,
It's you, it's you must go and I must bide.

You should here that in my voice, if I say so myself...it would bring tears to your eyes laddie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now